How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-07-2001, 12:22 PM
Lowered SVX

what is it about this car???

there must be a sign on my car that says race me!!?? at least three times a week and especially on the weekend i am challenged by someone to race. it is crazy!

the other day i was pulling onto the freeway and some dirtass in a nova pulls right up on my bumper. so i speed up to pull out of the way. he pulls right behind me. of course at this point i am like, f--k it and i floor it and leave him. he chases me for a little while then finally gives up. this happens to me over and over and over. at lights, stops signs, cruising.......everywhere.

on the way back from the MWM i had a Corvette follow me for about an hour. at times we were cruising almost 120 mph. he never passed me and if i slowed down he slowed down with me. finally marcela and i pulled off for breakfast. as we pulled off he cruised by and gave me a thumbs up. it was like he was showing me some kind of respect. even my wife noticed how cool his gesture was. later during that same trip home something similiar happened with an accord and a gran prix. except that the gran prix later got pulled over right outside jonesboro, ar.

anyway i just find it odd how people feel the need to challenge this car. anybody else experiencing this or is it just me??
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-07-2001, 02:12 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

<<anybody else experiencing this or is it just me??>>

Well, no. And to tell you the truth, I really resent it! But then, I'm old, and look like I wouldn't race anyway. (Heheh, they haven't seen my evil side.) Right here is where I need one of Kathy's sneer smilies

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 11-07-2001, 02:16 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Ya I get challenges all the time.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:26 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
Ya I get challenges all the time.
(eh, ya buncha wise guys)

That's it. I'm just gonna hafta wear droopy pants, a Yanks hat, and stand on it at stop lights. Take that ya young punks!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 11-07-2001, 02:37 PM

Nothing new here....This happens to me all the time too. You just have to remember, there are allot of cars not worth our time to prove anything, also take safety in consideration. I think people just want to test our cars to see what they're made of.....in fact, there are many people that have never heard of the SVX, so the next time someone creep up behind you, Think of this...it may be because they're trying to read the name, and when you think their done....you kick it in, and leave them

94 Blue L, 5-speed, converted 4wd, Clear headlights, Angel Eyes, Converted Radiator and fan, White faced guages, Cross-drilled/slotted rotors, Lambo doors ...
------------------------------------
Old 11-07-2001, 03:44 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
It happens to be once in a while. When that happens, I let them pass and use them as speed shield or let them pass -- give them about 5-10 car lengths then kick in the power mode and zoooooom pass them and look at their faces.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-07-2001, 04:19 PM
Lowered SVX

hey maybe that is it.....

they are trying to read the back of the car to see what it is! well too damn bad, that is privileged info. NO SVX FOR THEM! owning this car almost makes you feel like you are part of an aristocracy......you feel almost snobbish sometimes.

"excuse me sir can you please remove your ricey honda from in front of my SVX....." (then power mode and adios)
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-07-2001, 07:00 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

Go check out your bumper to be sure some joker didn't paste one of those "bin-Laden Rules!" stickers on it.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:39 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: what is it about this car???

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
there must be a sign on my car that says race me!!?? at least three times a week and especially on the weekend i am challenged by someone to race. it is crazy!

...anyway i just find it odd how people feel the need to challenge this car. anybody else experiencing this or is it just me??
Don't feel rained on, I'm not entirely sure (It's my firm belief that it's my exhaust), but in the last six weeks I have been challenged by no less than THREE DODGE VIPERS!!!

After the third (looked like a blk/blk Hennessey modified Gen 2 with grey LeMans stripes) I'm about to say *SCREW* the down payment on a house, and *immediately* order my Haltech ECU and an intercooled ATI Pro-charger for a winter build-up so I can **SMOKE** these midlife-crisis-mobile drivin' losers next spring!!!

...sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet..

Old 11-08-2001, 06:45 AM
Lowered SVX

type r.

even if you had a blower and ran straight alcohol in the svx, i still dont think you could touch one of those hennessey vipers. but we could come closer!

i made the mistake of racing a c-5 once on the interstate. we were both doing about 70 side by side.......we looked over at each other and both punched our cars. for a few seconds we were together and then WHOOSH......sadly he was long gone. i mean my svx did stay with him for a little bit?!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-08-2001, 08:02 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: type r.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
even if you had a blower and ran straight alcohol in the svx, i still dont think you could touch one of those hennessey vipers. but we could come closer!
Ahhhh, yet another unbeliever!! You too shall soon join the unfaithful masses and bow to the awesome power of the X35-R project!!! I WILL RULE THE STREETS!!!!!!

<evil Bond Villian laugh> AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In all seriousness, an intercooled blower, uprated fuel and spark, good engine management, and some engine strengthening is really all that is needed to turn the SVX into a single-digit ET Viper Killing monster. If you're into the import scene, I'm sure you've seen *many* Skylines and Supras kicking out nearly a GRAND at the crank, this is with 2.8 and 3 liter motors respectively. Sure, race gas is needed for these output levels, but bear in mind that the highest HP motor Hennessey puts out is an 800, very few individuals own those, and even fewer can get them to work AT ALL, much less on the street (sides', I've gathered all the ones being sold are tempermental trailer hoes anyway).

I'm *extremely* confident that the H-6 (least we forget has the LARGEST DISPLACEMENT motor of any of the Japanese "supercars" *including* the NSX) is capable of 550-600hp on premium pump gas (low estimates on my part, as I've seen MKIV Supras run that much with turbos on their smaller motors using 93 octane).

Think about it... I'm talking SUPERcharger. Low-end grunt from the "big-block" (in Import terms) H-6 coupled with an over-driven ATI or a Lysholm 3300 (my SC of choice, but It's not out yet) coupled with AWD. Knock off a few hundred pounds with a c/f hood and fenders, racing seats and whatnot, and it becomes easy to see that such a car could EASILY SMOKE any stock Camaro, Mustang, Vette or even Viper, and with a can of octane boost and a pully change, could give modified versions of these cars a run for their money.

But don't fret none, you don't have to take my word for it... I'll be able to *prove* it soon enough.
Old 11-08-2001, 08:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper just to race them when there is snow on the ground ? Our cars come out to play when the wheather is really rotten.

Larry III
Old 11-08-2001, 09:37 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
I don't want to sound mean but....

You can do all you want with the engine but it isn't gonna do any friggin good if you don't have a TRANNY to put that power to the wheels!!!!!!!!

I suppose that'd be a good way to take some x-tra weight off, cuz as soon as that beast starts it'll blow that tranny up!

Last edited by cocacola08; 11-08-2001 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:15 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Re: type r.

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtypeR

Think about it... I'm talking SUPERcharger. Low-end grunt from the "big-block" (in Import terms) H-6 coupled with an over-driven ATI or a Lysholm 3300 (my SC of choice, but It's not out yet) coupled with AWD. Knock off a few hundred pounds with a c/f hood and fenders, racing seats and whatnot, and it becomes easy to see that such a car could EASILY SMOKE any stock Camaro, Mustang, Vette or even Viper, and with a can of octane boost and a pully change, could give modified versions of these cars a run for their money.

I have beat stock CAMARO and Mustangs with my stock car -- even at the line (at times). Beating the stock is easy. It depends on how you drive the car and how the other idiot drives his. I used to own a 95 camaro (stock). I know how sluggish the camaro is compare to the SVX. On the other hand, my friend has a 98 SS with 550hp at the wheels on 6 spd stick. There is no way in hell I can beat that car no matter what I try. I put in 93 and fuel booster and still run far too short.

The stock mustang and camaros, is a whole different story. They look at the SVX like any other rice car and pull up next to mine and tried to race. Before they know it, they are car lengths behind and they see my tail lights. Oh I love the Lake Shore Drive..

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-08-2001, 10:24 AM
SVXtypeR

Re: I don't want to sound mean but....

Quote:
Originally posted by cocacola08
You can do all you want with the engine but it isn't gonna do any friggin good if you don't have a TRANNY to put that power to the wheels!!!!!!!!

I suppose that'd be a good way to take some x-tra weight off, cuz as soon as that beast starts it'll blow that tranny up!
You don't sound mean, but what you're addressing is already done (check out my mod list below my posts, note there is very little in the way of non performance-related items ). Level 10 Stage 3 transmission has been in for nearly a year. I use them because there are several 10-9 second Supras that run Level 10 slushboxes. They will be able to add a 9 second SVX to their list when I'm done.