How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-07-2001, 08:53 AM
jrollins

Talking New SVX

Just wanted to drop in and say hello -- I watch the site daily to see what's new under the sun and looks like everyone's getting along well!!!

This is not the famous jrollins (tranny trasher) from Canaan but his father (our computers are networked and I haven't been able to figure out a way to re-register with a new name -- when I come to the site both computers assume it's John and won't let me change!!!)

Anyway, two items worth sharing....

1) After seeing all the fun everyone was having at Canaan, I decided what the heck I ought to get involved in this thing so I went out and bought an SVX last Friday (94 LSi Red/Beige) -- I really liked Larry III's Beige interior! I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I can figure out how in the personal locker (John will have to help). So far my Bride & I really like the car however I must admit I always get a little nervous when I click in in "D" until it starts moving under it's own steam!

2) John's SVX is at a local Dealer (Larry Myers' Subaru, Fairmont, WV). The transmission is melted and more updates will be forthcoming as soon as his eyes dry up enough to post (I'm not sure if it's depression or the smoke from his now depleted wallet that is causing his eye problems!!!)

Anyway, I didn't have a chance yet to thank everyone for the great reception and hospitality at Canaan and now I hope we can come to future meets as a family mini-convoy. (I still think one of us should invest in a roll-back). It's gonna be neat to see two SVX's in our driveway when John gets his rolling again!!!

Ed R.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:13 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Congrat's on your new-to-you SVX.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:52 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Hey Ed,

There is an option at the end of the page (botton right) for logging out on this page:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/

after logging out, you can sign up to re-login again

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-07-2001, 09:54 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up

Great story, Ed. Them funny windows ARE addictive, aren't they?
I guess all of us Canaanites were wondering what ever happened to John's investment. With two SVXes in the family you can now swap out parts to each until one of the cars dissappears.
I wonder if this is the first "father/son" act to appear on the network. Good luck to both of you, AND you both had better show up in Reading, PA next year.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-07-2001, 10:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Mr. Rollins,

WELCOME!
Glad to have you on board. hope your tranny lasts longer than John's.
I'd like to see you and your better half along with the red SVX with the beatiful, beige, leather interior at the Reading Meet in April.

Larry III
Old 11-07-2001, 10:27 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Canaanites

Mr. Rollins,
Great to hear from you and learn you have the SVX 'bug! Hopefully the other car will be up and running shortly, and we can all get back together in Reading. We must apologize for our behavior at the resort....Randy did something to the water. Luckily for Ron, he didn't drink any water the whole time we were there... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 11-07-2001 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:30 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Welcome, Ed

Welcome aboard, Ed. It was great to get to meet you at Canaan Valley, and great news on the acquisition. Looking forward to seeing you and family sometime soon.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:47 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: New SVX

congrats that you've got your SVX!
you bought your svx because you saw too many at the meet? who's the john? the john who takes care of the subarusvx site? he's at fairmont and you are at bridgeport? you are father and son?? i read your msg just want to say hi and congratulation. we are all at the same state. i'm at morgantown about 20mins to fairmont. too bad that i just read this msg and didn't know john's tranny melted. i couldn't do any recommendation. my mec fren's fren owns a transmission shop who lives at grafton. he has many yrs experiences on tranny things. i don't know how many svx's tranny he has touched. not mine!(knock on wood) i want mine last forever.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-13-2001, 11:58 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Ed!!!! Very cool!! I'm just now getting caught up on posts and was happy to see your post. Welcome to the wild and wooly world of obsessive/compulsive car owners.

It was great meeting you in Canaan, and thank you for posting about John's car. I've PM'd him with no results. I can understand, however. My 2-3 shift is slipping again and I'm ready to head down depression avenue myself. I can't be having tranny troubles every frickin' six months (which has been the average so far).

As for logging on under your own name, make sure you've cleared your cookies before registering. Log off at the bottom of the page, and it should clear your cookies for you, then, register under your own "handle" jrollinsdad or something like that.

Again, Ed, welcome. I look forward to seeing you at future meets. Be sure and sign up for the 10th Anniversary meet or Larry III will send Uncle Vito for a visit.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI