Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 02:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
Hooker Header Aero Chamber muffler

If anyone cares, my good bud just bought for his '94 5spd, a Hooker Header Aero Chamber muffler, cross flow style and a dual inlet single outlet high flow converter. These will be installed as soon as they arrive from Holley. I hope to record some sound clips when it is completed.

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21599hkrcut.jpg (14.2 KB, 493 views)
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com
Old 10-03-2004, 06:19 PM
svx92Latvia

question

did anyone really try a set up with Supertrapp on a svx ?
or a set up with 2 Supertrapp mufflers ?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:35 PM

Not to bring up an old post, but well yeah, to bring up an old post...

Is the magnaflow that motorsport sells a "2 1/2" inlet, dual outlet transverse mount muffler(Camaro style)" and hence requiring mandrel bent sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elninoalex
I would recommend getting some mandrel bent sections from JCWhitney before you would take it to a shop to have it done. If you can't find a shop with mandrel bending equip, and you are likely not to, it is not a good idea to install a tranverse mount muffler using crush bends. You have a 90 followed by a 180 and they can get very constricted when crush bent. It kind of defeats the purpose of spending money on new exhaust components and then restricting the pipe. They are pretty cheap and greatly simplify installation. A 2 1/2" 90 with an swaged end is part # 81SA2968Y at $12.99 and the 180 with swaged end is part # 81SA3035N at $23.99. If you want, get two more 90s for your outlets(be sure to checkoutlet size) althouth they're not as important because you have twice the flow coming out. If you were to get those four parts, you could easily assemble it yourself and then it would just be a matter of hanging and welding it up. It should save some labor cost at a shop. Again, this is only for the use of a 2 1/2" inlet, dual outlet transverse mount muffler(Camaro style).

Stephen
Old 04-14-2005, 10:49 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCamusJr
Not to bring up an old post, but well yeah, to bring up an old post...

Is the magnaflow that motorsport sells a "2 1/2" inlet, dual outlet transverse mount muffler(Camaro style)" and hence requiring mandrel bent sections?
yes, its part #12266
Youll need a new inlet pipe bent for the side inlet
yes, but it doenst have to be mandrel bent.
If you want it to be, buy a 2.5" mandrel U bend
and cut off what you dont need. Like in this pic if you
want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ex-kit4.jpg (69.3 KB, 420 views)

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 AM
The Molinator

Magnaflow setup....ala Dayle

I love my Magnaflow setup I purchased/installed locally about 1 year ago...Sounds great (kinda like Porsche). [ala Dayle @ Motorsports].

Watched the installation....THE CRUSH BENDS WERE VISIBLEY RESTRICTED! I'm personally not looking for top performance, but I would recommend based on the above observation that you employ a prebent tube, al least for the inlet to the muffler!

2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
I love my Magnaflow setup I purchased/installed locally about 1 year ago...Sounds great (kinda like Porsche). [ala Dayle @ Motorsports].

Watched the installation....THE CRUSH BENDS WERE VISIBLEY RESTRICTED! I'm personally not looking for top performance, but I would recommend based on the above observation that you employ a prebent tube, al least for the inlet to the muffler!

In the pic we posted 2 post above this, you can see that inlet
pipe, on our car we took a 180 degree 2.5" Mandrel bend and
cut it down to the correct length......fits perfect and only cost
an extra $25

Cars in the garage:
97 SVX Lsi
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

Old 07-11-2005, 02:43 PM
On a SVX board with a Z31 name

Send a message via AIM to MaxImUmZ Send a message via Yahoo to MaxImUmZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX
if I wasnt satisfied with the end results, I would of
kept changing the kit until I got something I really liked
But I get compliments on it everytime Im out driving
and it makes just growl to let someone else know its not
stock anymore, but at the same time doesnt draw too much attention either (like from johnny law etc....) Makes the Porsche guys mad, and all the other "imports" nervous, oh and the V8s guys, it just confuses the hell outta them !!
Ive had the kit on 3 of my SVX's and will continue to offer them.
Its cost effective & excellent quaility for those who like to get the most for their hard earned $.
sorry if this has already been discussed being as im only partway threw the thread, but has anyone dynoed any of these setups?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:25 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy
Ok, I'm look for a muffler and I don't want to mess with cats or resonators. I really like the sound of a wrx throghty gargle/bhrrr noise. Does magnaflow sound ricey at high rpms? I really like some of the vw vr6s with magnaflow. I like the deep sound and in the flowmaster clips they sound like a growl rather than bhurrrrr noise if you know what you mean. Anything input?
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L #5045 Dark Teal
1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon Gray (SOLD)
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black Ruby (SOLD)
1969 Subaru 360 Deluxe Ivory White
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi World Rally Blue
1993 Subaru Legacy L Wagon Teal Metallic (SOLD)
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy View Post
Ok, I'm look for a muffler and I don't want to mess with cats or resonators. I really like the sound of a wrx throghty gargle/bhrrr noise. Does magnaflow sound ricey at high rpms? I really like some of the vw vr6s with magnaflow. I like the deep sound and in the flowmaster clips they sound like a growl rather than bhurrrrr noise if you know what you mean. Anything input?
You can't call my system "ricey" the closest it sounds to rice is when you really get on it when you've been on decel about 8 mph... it has that "waah" sound for a moment, but then it growls, still pretty deep.. no "twaaangg" sound...
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM

most owners run Magnaflow because it sounds
good my suggestion is to keep the resonator too.

Cars in the garage:
97 SVX Lsi
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

Old 02-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Locker Link Solution

opps, my sig doesn't tell you WHAT..

magnaflow 2 into 1 Cat... firebird style 2.5 in dual 2.25 out. AERO res in 2 in head pipes...
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
wait a couple more weeks. Will be producing flowmaster mufflers to bolt onto the stock system

Tomq
Old 02-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Looks and smells great.

Tom, any chance of you guys making a header-back dual exhaust in the future?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I can make anything you want. But was not planning on making them in mass production. Those would be a one off

Tom
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
I personally went with Flowmaster, was originally gonna go for a Magnaflow because I was more familiar with them at the time... but wow, I'm glad I didn't!! Dayle you're svx sounds good... but IMHO mine sounds wayyyyyyyyy better, but, to each their own. I kept my system similar to stock, had the resonator taken out, kept the same cat's and headers(for now) but pretty much straightened her out and ran 2.5" pipes two from the headers then to one for clearance and ease, then straight back, then went around and into my flowmaster camero style muffler not sure what series, I'll check when I go back home in a few months, and back out into two 3.5 " tips, and it sounds amazing! It's very deep at low and still at higher rpm's. It can be drowned out with loud music but with not super loud music or none at all it's got a gentle purr louder than stock obviously, but not obnoxious.
I've had compliments on it from EVERYONE, all ages, even people who aren't japanese car fans, they think my SVX sounds really awesome! I'll take pictures and do sound clips when I go back home in march, but right now my baby's gettin a new motor and I'm in florida. But I deffinately felt a huge kick the first day I drove it out of the shop after getting it done. It increased the power and gave an orgasmic sound! Personally though, I think any SVX with exhaust as long as it's done right is deff cooler than stock, and it's fun to see how everyone has done it! Others should post sound clips too! It was cool to hear dayle's I wanna know what everyone else sound like! The only other SVX's I've ever seen are completely stock.