Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Bad transmission

Hello,

I have a bad transmission out of my SVX, which I just sold. The new owner didn't want it. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember what's wrong with it, but you can be pretty certain it has burned out clutches!

Several years ago, I also removed the parking pawl, return spring and the reduction gear and forward shaft from the transmission to fix an old Legacy we used to have.

So this thing is nearly useless. It's 200 pounds of scrap, as far as I'm concerned. But before I take the thing to the recycler for probably $20, does anybody here want it?

I can't even begin to put a value on a broken transmission that's missing parts, but I wanted to give the community a chance to claim it before I recycled a major part from a rare car.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Bad transmission

The diff is worth pulling and can be shipped relative cheap through USPS. Also, if the AWD functioned properly despite (I'm guessing failed high clutch) the failure, the transfer clutch, clutch hub and gear as well as the c solenoid would be worth saving and easily shipped. Just a thought for you or anyone else who might need some parts. Though, you may not be wanting to mess with it any more than you have.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 PM

Registered SVX

If pulling the diff and transfer clutch assembly would help somebody keep their SVX on the road or provide them some peace of mind, I would be happy to pull them.

Both the diff and transfer clutch were fine when I took the transmission out of the car.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets View Post
If pulling the diff and transfer clutch assembly would help somebody keep their SVX on the road or provide them some peace of mind, I would be happy to pull them.

Both the diff and transfer clutch were fine when I took the transmission out of the car.
And if you already took the parking prawl and spring out, you already have the transfer clutches pulled Where those parts fit around is the hub/drum piece and can be pulled out of the back of the transmission. You may have to remove the pinion shaft nut for the front diff first (35mm and can rent an axle socket from Advance but you'll need either air, the parking prawl to put back in, or something else to hold the gear still).
If you're up to doing this, feel free to message me if you run into any hangups while attempting it.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 AM

Registered SVX

The transmission is currently assembled. I took the transfer clutch housing off several years ago but put it back on to protect the parts from exposure to the air.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: