Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 08-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Thanks Dave. Thanks Ben.

Well, day went as I expected but still had fun and felt pretty good on course. Three WRX pilots beat me but I cut my usual deficit in half. Took fourth place out of nine. I also was playing taxi driver to my fater, mother, aunt, and uncle (not all at once ) who took turns as my passengers today. They all had a blast and I was smiling, laughing and talking to them while driving Nice way to spend the day with the family...racing I beat a number of my friends on raw times in a variety of cars ('07 Mustang GT with some mods, MazdaSpeed 3, Legacy GT w/mods, Caddy CTS-V so the performance wasn't too bad.

Anyhow, I brought the rear tire pressures up and the car rotated very nicely. I like the new RE-01R's but the RE-070's are very nice, very cheap (when picked up from STi pilots who consider them junk ) and every bit as wide as the 245/40 RE-01R's. If you are even thinking about trying an autoX, or looking for cheap high-performance wheels and tires, my STRONG recommendation to you is to pick up a set of '05-current STi wheels and tires. Less than $1000 in most cases for lightweight forged BBS wheels with proper offset and center bore (along with steel inserts for the lug nuts) and high-performance tires from a world leader. You can't find a cheap, new set of no-name cast wheels with so-so tires for anything approaching that price. Rota's are around $700, Team Dynamics are about that price as well just for wheels. Cruise NASIOC or IWSTI for them they won't treat you wrong. Next up is a three day GASS event at a fantastic former Air Force base in northern MI and then I may sign up for another Evolution school. Sam Strano is one of the teachers. The $500 I spent on the last school was far and away the best investment in reducing my times and increasing my speeds. If another class boost me again like the last one did I'd be ecstatic. BYW-today I got a LOT of positive comments on lines and how smooth I was driving. If I'd been 100% on my game, focused, and appropriately aggressive, I would have easily knocked a significant chunk of time off my best run.

Todd
Old 08-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Cut your normal deficit in half with riders? Awesome! Those WRX jockeys better watch it next time out when you're driving solo!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 09-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Stage 1 v.5 installed and running the car now. I like it. I'll see how she does at tomorrow's autocross
Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
Stage 1 v.5 installed and running the car now. I like it. I'll see how she does at tomorrow's autocross
The 1v5 is back in stock now?
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221 View Post
ummm no. I bought a Stage 1v.4 second hand but never installed a while ago. I then bought the v.5 upgrade and just installed it last weekend.

Todd
Old 09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221 View Post
I just bought a Ecutune 1v5. I received it Monday, scheduled to install this weekend in the Ebony 92...so I would guess they are in stock...
Any comments on what to expect?
My goal was smoother acceleration from idle, in that all 3 cars have small glitches in accelerating smoothly.
1997 Ebony #308 113k "The Black Diva"SOLD
1992 Black over Liquid Silver 152k SOLD
1992 Ebony 251k 444 SOLD
1999 Silver SLK230 134k SOLD
1997 Green Outback 137k SOLD
2013 Honda Accord I4 SOLD
2015 Subaru Crosstrek 30k
2018 Tesla M3 30k
Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

It seems more responsive and powerful. My '92 suffers from the acceleration stutter. This car does not so I can't comment on whether it will affect the smoothness of acceleration.

Todd