Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-22-2005, 03:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Korean
This is just a silly bodykit question, lol.

Do you think the 300Z bodykits will fit the SVX? I haven't looked up the dimensions of either car, but what do you think (assuming you like bodykits and all)? They look very similiar (well kinda, lol)...
Old 08-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Hitchhikin'

IIRC, Honda Accords have a better chance of a close fit.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Giong back to the beaters...

Umm... the 'teg is an accord and they haven't changed in size that much so no way in h3ll that would work....however the Nissan is of a very comparable size.
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 08-22-2005, 04:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
95-97 accord ...best bet with some cutting. 300Z - just don't see it

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundering02
Umm... the 'teg is an accord and they haven't changed in size that much so no way in h3ll that would work....however the Nissan is of a very comparable size.
Don't really see how a 'teg and accord are the same... Civic and 'teg would be closer... The old 1.6 and 1.8L engines were straight swaps between those two back in the day.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 PM

There were only 12 spots I could find Acura instead of honda 4 were the hubcaps 4 on the mudflaps and 1 emblem 1 steering wheel 1 decorative trim under the hood and and the owners manual. Otherwise the only and I mean ONLY difference was the trim between the hood and the front bumper. (other than some color options)

Last edited by thundering02; 08-22-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Tofu

The Integra has never been an Accord. The first-gen Integra was based on the Honda Quint, which used Civic mechanical bits. The second and third-gen Integras got platforms that don't correspond to any US-market Honda products. The only Acuras that shared major mechanical bits with an Accord was the Vigor, which was based on the Japanese market Accord Inspire/Vigor twins (Accord with an inline-5), and in a very oblique way, the first-gen Acura Legend, whose 2.7L V6 eventually found it's way (with minor changes to the block and heads) into the 96-97 Accord V6.

As far as silly bodykit questions, it's easy. If you chop stuff apart anything will fit anything. There's some kid up here who has managed to fit one of those really ugly Veilside-ripoff Honda Civic front bumpers to his SVX (don't ask me why/how). He chopped the hell out of it and fiberglassed in whatever didn't fit right.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu
The Integra has never been an Accord. The first-gen Integra was based on the Honda Quint, which used Civic mechanical bits. The second and third-gen Integras got platforms that don't correspond to any US-market Honda products. The only Acuras that shared major mechanical bits with an Accord was the Vigor, which was based on the Japanese market Accord Inspire/Vigor twins (Accord with an inline-5), and in a very oblique way, the first-gen Acura Legend, whose 2.7L V6 eventually found it's way (with minor changes to the block and heads) into the 96-97 Accord V6.
Go look up the 86-89 Integras (1st gen) and the Accords of the same year.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean
Do you think the 300Z bodykits will fit the SVX? I haven't looked up the dimensions of either car, but what do you think (assuming you like bodykits and all)? They look very similiar (well kinda, lol)...
Don't do that, either keep the SVX original or make a bodykit especially for it. Fitting another bodykit to the SVX will downgrade its appeal and make it look stupid...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:46 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Why do I keep finding these threads where people want to change the looks of the SVX? Seems now that they're so cheap, younger fast/furious-tainted people are getting ahold of them
Old 08-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Seems now that they're so cheap, younger fast/furious-tainted people
Thank You a lot, that was really really very considerate of U ...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundering02
Go look up the 86-89 Integras (1st gen) and the Accords of the same year.
First-gen Integras are not Accords. They are a federalized version of the Honda Quint, which was based the Honda Civic.

All first-gen Integras used the D16A1 1.6L DOHC 16 valve engine, and a modified Civic suspension with lateral torsion bars in front and a simple coil over strut in the rear. The Integra's D16 engine was also shared with various Civic Si models from 1988-1991. The 86-89 Honda Accord used a multilink double wishbone suspension with coil springs, and the A20 2.0L SOHC 12 valve four cylinder.

The 86-89 Integra is NOT an 86-89 Accord. They have different engines, different transmissions, different suspension setups, different width, wheelbase, length, track, height and weight.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
Why do I keep finding these threads where people want to change the looks of the SVX? Seems now that they're so cheap, younger fast/furious-tainted people are getting ahold of them

Sorry I just want to be different... I hate blending in with "t3h crowd". As much as I like the Impreza, everyone has one, everyone knows what they are, everyone does just about the same thing... I JUST WANNA BE DIFFERENT, lol. Plus, I'm Asian... and Asian guys like Bodykits... and show stuff, lol... If I do some sort of bodykit it will not look cheap cuz that's not how I roll!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Don't do that, either keep the SVX original or make a bodykit especially for it. Fitting another bodykit to the SVX will downgrade its appeal and make it look stupid...
Now how would I go about doing that, lol...
Old 08-24-2005, 05:34 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean
Sorry I just want to be different... I hate blending in with "t3h crowd". As much as I like the Impreza, everyone has one, everyone knows what they are, everyone does just about the same thing... I JUST WANNA BE DIFFERENT, lol. Plus, I'm Asian... and Asian guys like Bodykits... and show stuff, lol... If I do some sort of bodykit it will not look cheap cuz that's not how I roll!!!
Oh you have an Impreza.. Before doing anything to it I'd sell it and buy an SVX. There's a thread around here with a 1997 for sale in Florida for $3200...... hint hint