Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Got my new rear (Yeah u've got a dirty mind)

Got the new rear in today. popped the cover and everthing looks great inside. Too bad it is not lsd so it could be a complete swap over but the gears look to be in great shape. I will let you know how everything works out

Tom
Old 07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Congrats Tom. Good luck with grinding out the little 'nubs' inside the diff to accomodate the limited-slip hub.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Maniac modifier

thnaks, I am not too excited about this little endevor but at least my car will be track worthy

Tom
Old 07-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Superbeast

Some how I missed what happend, what did you do to the old rear end?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:02 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak
Some how I missed what happend, what did you do to the old rear end?
Wasn't totally gone or anything....just noticed some vibrations at high speed. Had the car up on jack stands and i took it up to 50

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Maniac modifier

Well, Jesse I seemed to have brken everything else that makes the car go so why not this part??... Yeah seems that the rear was making some bad noises and causing some rough vibrations so I picked up a new unit and will begin working on it today if I ever recover from winning at AC last night

Tom
Old 07-18-2005, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
if I ever recover from winning at AC last night
You went to AC last night...and won?!!!

Can you afford the stage 3 kit now?

-Chike

Old 07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Maniac modifier

Hey now, I only won 250 on the blackjack table. I doubled what I went in with so i am a happy camper. AC is only 30 mins from my house s we go about once a week.

In other news, I finally got under that damned contraption today and ripped the old rear out. Thanks to Tom's(svxfiles) hand writup, I was able to breeze through the swap no problems. No the rear is sitting under the car waiting until after I come home from work to be installed. I really hope that this fixes the problems I was experiencing because I could not see anything wrong with the gears and the pinion bearings didn't seem too far off. Anyway I should have it done after i get back from work tonight. Maybe take her out for a high-paced drive after I am finished

Jesse, like i mentioned earlier I have a buddy that wants to take a look at your Loyal depending on how much u want 4 it. This would also be an oportune time for me to run up there and maybe have u slap together that X-member for me. Let me know if u have any free time. I may be nice enough to tote that engine up there if I can find a way to do it.

Tom

Last edited by TomsSVX; 07-18-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Maniac modifier

Ok I finished the rear the other night and took her for a spin. To say the least I am dissapointed and a little surprised. The rear went bac k together and in with ease. Yet it still did not fix my problems(what a waste of $200) While I had the car in the air I was fiddling with the driveshaft to see if this might be causing my vibrations. i saw that the center bearing seems to have a good amount of slop to it. So I am off to Car-Part.com to see if I can pick up the outback driveshaft that is almost a direct fit. If that doesn't do it, I guess I will have to pull the trans and use my spare. Although I did not hear the noise from the trans which is a little confusing. Anyway I hope to be done in 2 weeks when I can get hands on a new shaft

Tom
Old 07-20-2005, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Ok I finished the rear the other night and took her for a spin. To say the least I am dissapointed and a little surprised. The rear went bac k together and in with ease. Yet it still did not fix my problems(what a waste of $200) While I had the car in the air I was fiddling with the driveshaft to see if this might be causing my vibrations. i saw that the center bearing seems to have a good amount of slop to it. So I am off to Car-Part.com to see if I can pick up the outback driveshaft that is almost a direct fit. If that doesn't do it, I guess I will have to pull the trans and use my spare. Although I did not hear the noise from the trans which is a little confusing. Anyway I hope to be done in 2 weeks when I can get hands on a new shaft

Tom
Sorry to hear Tom. Hope the Outback driveshaft fixes the problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

-Chike

Old 07-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Maniac modifier

Well just bought a 99 outback driveshaft for $90 shipped to my door in 2 days. I really hope it is not the trans because they are a PITA to swap in the heat that we have had for the past couple of days. Eventually I will go up to north Jersey to get a custom 1 peice built for about 275 but I need to bring the car up there so they can take measurements and such. I wil not drive my car more than 30 miles from my home with the way it is now. SOOOOOO i guess I will have to wait on that. Just another stumbling block I guess. The plus side is, As long as I can find an engine I can build an awsome dune buggy with the parts I have laying around now

TOm
Old 07-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:

Tom
In a thread you titled "Got my new rear" you then use the phrase "Anyway I hope to be done in 2 weeks when I can get hands on a new shaft"

And we're not supposed to make any comments???? Where's SVXfiles when you need of a crude remark??
Old 07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Maniac modifier

oh boy.... I thought this was supposed to be a family site??

Tom
Old 07-20-2005, 01:55 PM
SVXtra

Congratulations. I'm glad your finally getting your rear in gear..
Old 07-20-2005, 02:47 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Tom, might want to change your status in your sig to "Waiting to get my hands on a new shaft for my rear."
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi