Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

just upgraded my interior

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some pics of my "new" upgraded interior. I have a 1995 L model that had cloth seats. Since the first day I got the car a couple of years ago, I always wanted to get the leather/suede (well, fake leather and fake suede) combo seats. Finally did it. I love them. The rear seat and passenger seat are in great condition (practically new). The driver's side has some wear, but considering it came off of a car with 91k on the dial, it looks good.

Pics can be found in my locker:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?nordique14

The new seats go well with the leather steering wheel/gear shift/parking brake upgrade I did when I got the car. I just didn't like the old rubber versions at all.

I took lots of pics of the cover switching process. I thought it would be a complicated procedure, but it was actually pretty easy. No special tools are necessary. But it was time consuming (about 4 hours per seat). I'm going to write up a how-to for the new How-to Documents section. Hopefully have it ready in a couple of days.

I still have the old cloth covers. Don't need 'em. Don't want 'em. If you want them, let me know. Take one, take all(including the headrest covers). Just cover the shipping and they are yours. Check out the pics under the "old interior" folder in my locker. If you are interested send me a PM.

Special thanks go out to MacGyver (aka Troy) who lived up to his name and gave me a couple of great ideas that saved me tons of frustration. Also, thanks to Dayle at Motorsport-SVX for quickly taking care of a problem with the rear seat cover. If you want new seat covers, give Dayle a call, I'm sure he'd be happy to hook you up.

I'm so happy with the way it turned out. My butt now rides in style.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 07-31-2003, 05:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Looks real good, Matt!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:48 AM

I agree, the seats look great. I have a 92 LS with the suede seats and find them to be very comfortable. I wish mine still looked that good!
Enjoy
Old 08-01-2003, 02:25 PM

New seats look real nice, good job on the install.
In the pics of the rear seats it looks like there are 2 velcro strips on the center bottom of the seats, what are you using them to hold down?
Old 08-02-2003, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rotorflyr
New seats look real nice, good job on the install.
In the pics of the rear seats it looks like there are 2 velcro strips on the center bottom of the seats, what are you using them to hold down?
The velcro strips on the rear are just peel-and-stick type. The other half is attached to a cooler. The cooler is pretty nice. It keeps food and drink cool or warm and also has a pair of cup holders in the front that I can use. The velcro keeps the cooler from flying around the backseat during agressive driving (or in my case, normal driving).

Thanks for the kudos. I'm more than pleased with the way the seats turned out. The fake suede is much nicer than the cloth.

Matt
Old 08-02-2003, 08:05 AM
svxeno

I like the way the "suede" breaks up the back seats. Has sort of a bucket look to them.

Nice job.

Randy ii
Old 08-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Superbeast

I have thoes seats in my 92, It amazed me the number of SVXr's at Reading and the Tristate meet that had never seen them before. personally I do like them more than the leather seats but I agree on hating the rubber steering wheel and brake lever, or and the shift lever but I don't have that anymore.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 08-03-2003, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I have thoes seats in my 92, It amazed me the number of SVXr's at Reading and the Tristate meet that had never seen them before. personally I do like them more than the leather seats but I agree on hating the rubber steering wheel and brake lever, or and the shift lever but I don't have that anymore.
I think the LS-L and LSi models outsold the L and LS models. The LS models (and the vinyl/suede seats) weren't even offered in 96-97. I wonder what the ratio of LS-L and LSi model sales were to L and LS model sales?

Due to my extreme height (I'm easily the tallest SVX owner), I had to get a SVX without a sunroof. I was thinking about the 92 LS model, but I couldn't stand the mechanical seatbelts. The 94-97 L models were the only ones without a sunroof, but they had cloth seats. So I had a choice between the lesser of two evils (mechanical belts or cloth seats). I figured that I could change out the seats easier than change out the belts. Two years later, I finally got around to it. Couldn't have been better.

Cheers,
Matt