IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-17-2002, 10:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
Pockets you worked on RF2?????

I was incredibly excited for red faction one after reading about the geo-mod engine, but after playing it, I can only say that it was a "pretty good" FPS... the geo-mod was not nearly all that it was cracked up to be, and I found myself wishing that the vehicles were accessible in deathmatch mode. i'm curious to try RF2 though.. what can you tell me that the website can't?

-adam
Now that it's out...probably anything you want to know. :P

I agree with your comment on RF1. I considered it pretty average overall, but the engine was built from scratch. RF2 is better than RF1 in every conceivable way. It's more fun and it looks way better.

Unfortunately, vehicles still aren't useful in multiplayer. There just isn't enough time to do everything you want to. But muliplayer is really, really strong regardless. There are a total of 40 multiplayer levels, several different play modes, bots and now you can do 4-player split screen.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-17-2002 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
I'm downloading it with Kazaa. I enjoy a good race game every once in a while
Is it out for the PC yet?
Old 10-18-2002, 06:15 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
I'm downloading it with Kazaa. I enjoy a good race game every once in a while
And on behalf of the programmers, artists, testers, sound people and other developers who put their hearts and souls into creating a solid piece of entertainment, I thank you very much for stealing it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-18-2002, 08:25 AM
$VX

Hehe. I download all games to try them out (or the demo). If I like it, I'll buy it. The last game I bought was Deus Ex. Before that? UT. Before that? Carmageddon 1. Before that? Marathon Infinity.

- Ca$h
Old 10-18-2002, 10:21 AM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I have a dreamcast and I can play them on Bleem. Amazing emulator. Better graphics. As for NFS HP2, not yet. I will see who has it first. I just got a hold of an apple g3 from a friend. I want to play with it tonight. Just dumped in my extra SCSI drives in. Took me a while to figure out how to open the damn thing.

Lwin
The G3 and G4 are the easiest Macs to open!

Old 10-18-2002, 10:42 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX

The G3 and G4 are the easiest Macs to open!

No kidding. A 12-pound sledge to the top and they crack like a walnut.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-18-2002, 11:51 AM
CopsodyX

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

No kidding. A 12-pound sledge to the top and they crack like a walnut.
ass.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:22 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
i pre ordered vice city to my door! i cleared my calender for a week too!!!!!!!!!!!! hell, ive been playing gt3 to get warmed up for it again, 89% done with that game as it is....
phil
Old 10-18-2002, 12:25 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
i pre ordered vice city to my door! i cleared my calender for a week too!!!!!!!!!!!! hell, ive been playing gt3 to get warmed up for it again, 89% done with that game as it is....
phil
Yeah, I started over with GT3 a couple of months ago. Some people asked me why, and I really didn't have an answer for them, except that I wanted to. I decided that, this time through, I wouldn't use a license until I had all golds for it.

I have all golds on the licenses through International A. I got my first gold on a Super License test this morning. I've got golds on half of the rally tests.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-18-2002, 01:03 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Yeah, I started over with GT3 a couple of months ago. Some people asked me why, and I really didn't have an answer for them, except that I wanted to. I decided that, this time through, I wouldn't use a license until I had all golds for it.

I have all golds on the licenses through International A. I got my first gold on a Super License test this morning. I've got golds on half of the rally tests.
I think Phast was refering to GTA3, not GT3. Typo on his part. He's talking about Grand Theft Auto.

- Ca$h

PS: Not all G3 "APPLE MACS HAR HAR HAR" are easy to open. The original beige G3s which still used scsi drives were a pita. The newer smurf G3s had the nice cases but they used IDE drives.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:37 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

I think Phast was refering to GTA3, not GT3. Typo on his part. He's talking about Grand Theft Auto.

- Ca$h
I figured that when I originally read the message. But then my brain kinda went like, 'hmmmmm...GT3...mmmmm...' And then I was off on that tangent and had totally forgottn about GTA.

Yes, GTA3 is pretty freaking awesome. I actually only recently stopped playing it - I had been playing a few times a week since it came out until about a month ago.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Hater

in the new GTA there are rollerblades and chainsaws available. i can't wait to get on the blades with a chainsaw! GTA is a great stress reliever.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-18-2002, 06:52 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
I'd also like to add that the entire roster of games I download can't be purchased in retail stores. So I assume my options are steal it or don't play it. Yes?
Aahhh...the classics

I think I will start going through some old adventure games again (like Monkey Island)
Old 10-19-2002, 10:49 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
i WISH i was 89% done with gran turismo 3............that game is such a time consumer.....and then you just always get so cought up in screwin around with your cars and their settings you can never spend the entire time racing..........as for gta being a stress reliever.....i tihnk i need to go play it now after turning my psych midterm in......
phil
Old 10-20-2002, 11:43 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

You're very welcome. Perhaps if the damn things wern't so expensive I'd pay for them. In addition, I've bought a countless number of pc games that don't run on my system due to Nvidia compatability issues. Can I return these games you ask? No I can not. Retailers will only allow you exchange them for the same game. What good does that do? So I thank these supposedly hard working programmers for not working out all the bugs. I also thank the manufacturers for selling their crap to the public.
Well I'm sorry the games are too expensive for you. But that doesn't justify stealing. I saw a gorgeous '98 Esprit V8 for sale at a Buick dealership down the road, of all places. I can't afford it, but that doesn't mean I can rationalize jacking it.

As for the bugs, I can sympathize with you there. It's one of the reasons we got out of PC games - they're a total pain in the ass to support. Yeah, some games ship incomplete (buy a game the day it comes out, and before you can play it you need to d/l an 80MB patch - that's with that???), but even if a developer finishes it, there are always compatibility issues. That's simply unavoidable given the sheer number of hardware manufacturers out there.

Again, that doesn't justify stealing it.

Anyway, these are tired old arguments that really avoid the issue: you're stealing somebody's hard work and it's not right. I don't care what your reasons are - I've heard them all. You're stealing.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE