IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 AM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX
Re: Adam Lanza - CT Massacre

America. Kiss your second amendment goodbye.

Mark my words. They are going to repeal the second amendment and disarm the population.

I make no further comment as to if this is a good or bad thing. It is just an inevitability.

Signed,

Stupid Australian whom has traveled the globe and studied history.
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com
Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Registered SVX

The Wacko should have been institutionalized, his mother was receiving over $289,000 a year in alimony, now you see why she didnt need to work. She could have provided the best of care for that sicko and just let him hibernate upstairs in his two rooms, one his bedroom the other his computer room. I blame her just as much as him, if she was still alive, I give her substantial jail time
Old 12-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
His mother had planned to sell the house, and this was to be there last christmas in it. 4000 sq ft. mansion, she got in the divorce settlement a few years ago. Her ex left her well off, and she didnt need to work, just take her wako kid to the shooting range. All those precious, innocent little kids all had between three to eleven bullets in them each. This is why there needs to be a ban on those assault weapons. He could have never done that amount of damage with just his two pistols. He may have gotten a few before the first responders arrived but not 26 in a matter of minutes or even seconds. I support the ban on these type of weapons, and the large clips as well.
An assault rifle ban isn't the answer. Sure, it sounds great to some to be able to ban something so people can feel like they have done something positive but it's all a political game. Sickos will find a way. McVeigh killed way more people without even using a gun. Banning high capacity magazines doesn't lower the amount of damage either. He could have done just as much damage with only one handgun and a belt full of magazines. I takes all of 4 seconds to drop a 10 rd magazine and load a new one

This idiot could just as easily heaved a few pipe bombs into school rooms. He could have ran in there with a chainsaw. He could have wielded a samurai sword. As long as there is no one who can physically stop him (armed citizen, police, guard, ...) his killing spree continues.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 12-18-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

I'd like to believe this won't be the case. I do believe we could see semi-automatic rifles (AR-15 and the like) made illegal. One could almost make the case that Mr. Lanza had this in mind - what was left of it - during his attack on the school. What better case for the banning of these weapons than the mental image of 5-6-7 year old kids with multiple lethal, rifle-inflicted wounds?
I would also hope that something positive comes about relative to how mental health care is made available in the U.S. . I saw an interesting post that made the case that it is harder to get mental health care in the U.S. than it is to buy a gun.

Bill

p.s. note -- the school's security system did have all of the external doors locked. Mr. Lanza broke out a door window to gain access. No question that this was premeditated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY View Post
America. Kiss your second amendment goodbye.

Mark my words. They are going to repeal the second amendment and disarm the population.

I make no further comment as to if this is a good or bad thing. It is just an inevitability.

Signed,

Stupid Australian whom has traveled the globe and studied history.

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 12-18-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
I'd like to believe this won't be the case. I do believe we could see automatic rifles (AR-15 and the like) made illegal. One could almost make the case that Mr. Lanza had this in mind - what was left of it - during his attack on the school. What better case for the banning of these weapons than the mental image of 5-6-7 year old kids with multiple lethal, rifle-inflicted wounds?
I would also hope that something positive comes about relative to how mental health care is made available in the U.S. . I saw an interesting post that made the case that it is harder to get mental health care in the U.S. than it is to buy a gun.

Bill

p.s. note -- the school's security system did have all of the external doors locked. Mr. Lanza broke out a door window to gain access. No question that this was premeditated.
I seen a clip of news report that stated the ar-15 stayed in the car, not one of those bullets were fired in the school, so the previous poster that stated all that damage could be done with multiple mags of hand gun are what appears to have happened.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:03 PM

Registered SVX

Oops they say he had 4 guns.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
I seen a clip of news report that stated the ar-15 stayed in the car, not one of those bullets were fired in the school, so the previous poster that stated all that damage could be done with multiple mags of hand gun are what appears to have happened.
A request. Given the nature of the event we're discussing here, can everyone check their information before they post?

Per CNN from ~ 2 hours ago:

(CNN) -- Adam Lanza brought three weapons inside Sandy Hook Elementary school on December 14 and left a fourth in his car, police said. Those weapons were a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle and two handguns -- a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm.

In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.

The primary weapon used in the attack was a "Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type weapon," said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance. The rifle is a Bushmaster version of a widely made AR-15, the civilian version of the M-16 rifle used by the U.S. military. The original M-16 patent ran out years ago, and now the AR-15 is manufactured by several gunmakers. Unlike the military version, the AR-15 is a semiautomatic, firing one bullet per squeeze of the trigger. But like the M-16, ammunition is loaded through a magazine. In the school shooting, police say Lanza's rifle used numerous 30-round magazines.

An AR-15 is usually capable of firing a rate of 45 rounds per minute in semiautomatic mode.

So, yes, Mr. Lanza shot everyone but himself with the AR-15. The caliber of the bullets used by the AR-15 is such that all of the bullet's energy is transferred to the target, thus maximizing the damage imparted.

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 PM

Registered SVX

The news is full of conflicting reports I guess the clip of the report I saw was mistaken
Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
So let's float out some ideas on how to stop this from occurring again. My favorite idea so far is to upgrade school building code so people who aren't supposed to be there can't get in. My school was like this, in fact the basement was even designed to act as a bomb shelter, incidentally that is where the rifle range was. (Yes, we had a live rifle range IN our high school for rifle club and JROTC. On a side note, there is NO WAY anyone on the rifle range could effectively react to this kind of event.)
I don't want to ban weapons, but that's not because I think criminals will be hoarding them. Gunmen don't usually become criminals until they snap and that can happen to anyone, any time.

The Lanza family was clearly disturbed, but the children were the mother's responsibility. I don't believe people should be investigated out of the blue on assumptions, so I don't think we can regulate private families who don't ask for it. The only alternative is to public defense measures.

Arms proliferation won't solve the problem. This scenario is its own evidence against such an idea. The guns Ms. Lanza collected and trained with directly resulted in her own death and the massacre. Clearly we can't expect that letting people acquire more guns will result with less shootings. Something has to be regulated. Due to the risk of responsible parties death (son/mother/shooter) there is no way to penalize them.

So we have some options left. Data indicates gun proliferation is a direct cause of shooting deaths. Option 1, reduce gun proliferation. Obviously a lot of people will have a problem with this, so it is very unlikely to happen. Even Obama actually expanded gun rights during his last term.

Option 2, more invasive mental welfare screening. Whether it be during a gun purchase, in schools, or wherever, it has to happen somewhere, some time.

Option 3, drastic alteration to building code, require new structures to be infiltration resistant, AND old structures to be modified.

Option 4, do nothing? Continue to let people fend for themselves, and when it is your turn to ask why it had to be you, receive the same answer you are giving now?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 AM

Registered SVX

I live 40 min a way from this school . As stated previously my Daughter is 3 miles away with 2 , 3 year old girls ( twins ) the news has been nothing but about the shooting . We have been seeing it for 5 days continuously. They even broke into the Dallas foot ball game over the weekend to bring us a report. To me this is fulling the minds of other wackos out there. Somewhere someplace a Waco maybe 8 or even 100 are watching and thinking this is a way to be famous. It scares the crap out of me. The News media should let it rest.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Fairmont State University
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
An assault rifle ban isn't the answer. Sure, it sounds great to some to be able to ban something so people can feel like they have done something positive but it's all a political game. Sickos will find a way. McVeigh killed way more people without even using a gun. Banning high capacity magazines doesn't lower the amount of damage either. He could have done just as much damage with only one handgun and a belt full of magazines. I takes all of 4 seconds to drop a 10 rd magazine and load a new one

This idiot could just as easily heaved a few pipe bombs into school rooms. He could have ran in there with a chainsaw. He could have wielded a samurai sword. As long as there is no one who can physically stop him (armed citizen, police, guard, ...) his killing spree continues.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Like.jpg (8.1 KB, 401 views)

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Saw some FBI talking head on TV who said a record number of firearms were sold in the U.S. over the past "Black Friday" weekend. While I agree that "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns," it's clear that fostering a paranoid, wild west, morally-bankrupt culture where everybody's packin' sure isn't helping things.

dcb
Old 12-19-2012, 12:01 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Saw some FBI talking head on TV who said a record number of firearms were sold in the U.S. over the past "Black Friday" weekend. While I agree that "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns," it's clear that fostering a paranoid, wild west, morally-bankrupt culture where everybody's packin' sure isn't helping things.

dcb
Actually everywhere in the United States that has a concealed carry law/provision has had a noticable DECREASE in violent or confrontational crime!
Did you notice that these monsters are NOT ATTACKING biker bars, redneck bars, police stations?!
When one sick person attacked an Air Force Base He KNEW no one was allowed to have guns there except the base police and the guards at the entrances.
If you have ever been on a military base they can be the size of a small city, far from someone who could return fire!

They, (the monsters) are going where they can act out their sick fantasies.
without reprisal!

I was just informed that the shooter in Colorado had four theaters in the neighborhood to choose from.
He picked the one with the "No Weapons Allowed" sign.

We have a couple of SVX Members who live near there,
they are licenced to carry, I absolutely believe that had they been there, carring, the outcome would have been less dead patrons.

And do not try to tell me that "everyone" panics under pressure!
Alot of have made the decission to stay alive while under duress.
Sometime that means shutting up, sometimes it means running away, sometimes it means reasoning with the person trying to kill you.

If there was a teacher or teachers aide who was trained and able and armed it this rash of sick school shootings they could/ would at least have a fighting chance to protect the children.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
Actually everywhere in the United States that has a concealed carry law/provision has had a noticable DECREASE in violent or confrontational crime!
Did you notice that these monsters are NOT ATTACKING biker bars, redneck bars, police stations?!
When one sick person attacked an Air Force Base He KNEW no one was allowed to have guns there except the base police and the guards at the entrances.
If you have ever been on a military base they can be the size of a small city, far from someone who could return fire!

They, (the monsters) are going where they can act out their sick fantasies.
without reprisal!

I was just informed that the shooter in Colorado had four theaters in the neighborhood to choose from.
He picked the one with the "No Weapons Allowed" sign.

We have a couple of SVX Members who live near there,
they are licenced to carry, I absolutely believe that had they been there, carring, the outcome would have been less dead patrons.

And do not try to tell me that "everyone" panics under pressure!
Alot of have made the decission to stay alive while under duress.
Sometime that means shutting up, sometimes it means running away, sometimes it means reasoning with the person trying to kill you.

If there was a teacher or teachers aide who was trained and able and armed it this rash of sick school shootings they could/ would at least have a fighting chance to protect the children.
I may be in the minority here, but I think that all of this has very little to do with guns or gun laws. I think that as a species we are not quite mentally prepared to handle this crazy world we've made for ourselves. A lot of people are saying that we need to focus more on mental health in this country and I agree with that 100%. I think that's a part of it, but I think as a society we need to develop ways to stop these kind of problems long before they even become mental health problems in the first place. Raising kids better would be a good start. Parents who try desperately to ignore signs that these sick kids display are not helping their kids...
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

icing, I had not actually realized that I used the word "sick" that many times.
I, like every loving parent in the world cares deeply about their children.
In my mind I have been using other words that are not Forum Friendly.
Sick and twisted, evil, brutal, vicious, I could use animalistic, but animals do not do this heinous act!
I am not trying to excuse these cowards.
When emotions run high, sometimes words fail me.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link