Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Re: SVX engine on trademe with reversed manifold

That isn't bad... and I have seen those... but I want something a bit bigger than a 356 or 550 Porsche.

The 5-speed manual shift Subie FWD (amidships->RWD) transaxle would probably work for a stock-hp EG33... but no way would it stand up to a twin-turbo EG... The STI's 6MT might even have a little complaint with north of 400 horsepower.

I was thinking something closer to the Gardner-Douglas T70 Lola replica, maybe even with a roof, or a custom body that mixes elements of the 288 GTO and 430 Ferraris, with a bit of NSX, a bit of SVX/ItalDesign-like details, a hint of McLaren F1... Something more a mix of italian and british than a replica porsche, although I like Porsches very much.

I would probably stick to an NA or turbocharged EJ flat 4 for compactness and low weight in a replica Porsche, rather than the EG33...

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 04-01-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
That isn't bad... and I have seen those... but I want something a bit bigger than a 356 or 550 Porsche.

The 5-speed manual shift Subie FWD (amidships->RWD) transaxle would probably work for a stock-hp EG33... but no way would it stand up to a twin-turbo EG... The STI's 6MT might even have a little complaint with north of 400 horsepower.

I was thinking something closer to the Gardner-Douglas T70 Lola replica, maybe even with a roof, or a custom body that mixes elements of the 288 GTO and 430 Ferraris, with a bit of NSX, a bit of SVX/ItalDesign-like details, a hint of McLaren F1... Something more a mix of italian and british than a replica porsche, although I like Porsches very much.

I would probably stick to an NA or turbocharged EJ flat 4 for compactness and low weight in a replica Porsche, rather than the EG33...

Yes i always thought it be cool to have something like that.
Always thought it be cool to have something that looked like a GT40 with a flat6 in it.

There was a saker done here that had a i think a 3.0L H6 engine in it. went pretty good apprantly.
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post

Actually I never cared for the look of any of the Porsches except maybe the 928. I was just linking a site that works with the Subaru engines in kit cars. I would love to see it in one of the more exotic styles. It seems this linked company will build about any replicar you want---if you are willing to pay.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE