2am in the morning and there's nothing to do
the prescence of 5-0 has been significantly increased
all the nice places for freaks to hang out have been shutdown
the city is full of uptight yuppies

that is all!
you got busted sk8boarding again, huh?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-07-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
FYI: Atlanta sucks.

the area for 'no cruising' has expanded

that is all!

Are you sure you did'nt get pulled over in Utah?

Last edited by ensteele; 07-07-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:22 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
there's a nice strip of boobie clubs on the west side right outside the outerbelt..
Old 07-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Atlanta??

Quote:
FYI: Atlanta sucks.

the area for 'no cruising' has expanded

that is all!
Are you talking about Atlanta only (actual Atlanta city limits)? Atlanta is actually fairly small, so does this mean that all of the 'burbs have the same laws?? Marietta, Decatur, College Park, Roswell, Chamblee, East Point, Forest Park, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, etc, etc, etc. There actually didn't use to be much in downtown Atlanta at night except for pimps, hookers of all kinds, etc, plus a good chance you were going to get robbed. Only real safe places were heavily patrolled at sports facilities and the Underground.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
there's a nice strip of boobie clubs on the west side right outside the outerbelt..
been to all teh boobie clubs at one time or another. boring now.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Are you talking about Atlanta only (actual Atlanta city limits)? Atlanta is actually fairly small, so does this mean that all of the 'burbs have the same laws?? Marietta, Decatur, College Park, Roswell, Chamblee, East Point, Forest Park, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, etc, etc, etc. There actually didn't use to be much in downtown Atlanta at night except for pimps, hookers of all kinds, etc, plus a good chance you were going to get robbed. Only real safe places were heavily patrolled at sports facilities and the Underground.

Lee
When I say Atlanta, I mean the city limits + the suburbs (within a 20 mile radius). The places that used to be somewhat entertaining all have the 'no cruising' law. Marietta never had crap to do anyway. Come to think of it, all the parts you mention (which I consider Atlanta) has jack yo do.

Downtown Atlanta is also regulated by the 'no cruise' law. I used to be fun driving around the empty city that's all lit up with bums walking around. Hell, I used to drive by the federal pen. at night because when it was lit up, it looked like the poor redneck version of the taj mahal. Watching pimps keeping their hookers in check was fun back in the day with the potential glimpse of the next hooker serial killer. The bad parts never skeered me nor did anyone ever think to rob me. Would have been fun if they tried.

The only place that even remotely had activity was the messican joints. Back in the day even Buckhead had some action. This time around all I heard driving through was crickets. That's where the footballers stab people, drunk dudes push their GF or wives into oncoming traffic, gays beating up straight guys, straight guys beating up gays, my co-worker got his jaw broken out there while his boy smashed someone's face, etc. There was a time that Buckhead was predominately caucasian, then there was a time it was predominately African-American, now it's predominately crickets.

Ah well...Atlanta sucks.

Last edited by Noir; 07-07-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
True

Its true--Buckhead did used to have some activity. Sorry to hear it is all crickets now.

Why do you call them "boobie bars", as we all know in Atlanta, full nude was legal? Oh well, guess you can't call it the proper name in a family forum.

I also agree with your discription of driving through a pretty much vacant downtown area at night. Great as long as you didn't stop. The fed pen while not actually downtown was at least "imposing" at night.

There used to be some pretty good cruising on Cobb Parkway, but no real activity other than that. And believe it or not--for a good while the best cruising to look at "rides" used to be on Forest Parkway in Forest Park. It used to be a redneck enclave in the area and would attract rods along with lowriders and just ordinary creative cars of all kinds. Unfortunately the city fathers finally stopped it even though there was never any real problems. Just traffic and people looking and talking and not buying from local merchants. Which of course was the rub.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
i'd get the **** out!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 07-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I also agree with your discription of driving through a pretty much vacant downtown area at night. Great as long as you didn't stop. The fed pen while not actually downtown was at least "imposing" at night.

There used to be some pretty good cruising on Cobb Parkway, but no real activity other than that. And believe it or not--for a good while the best cruising to look at "rides" used to be on Forest Parkway in Forest Park. It used to be a redneck enclave in the area and would attract rods along with lowriders and just ordinary creative cars of all kinds. Unfortunately the city fathers finally stopped it even though there was never any real problems. Just traffic and people looking and talking and not buying from local merchants. Which of course was the rub.

Lee
Well Chesire Bridge is the area with the most nudie bars while Fulton Industrial is considered the 'red-light' district of GA. Both areas will more than likely go through some drastic changes. More and more people are signing petitions to oust the Fulton Industrial crew and Chesire Bridge will more than likely be run out in the next 2-3 years by developers. The money has decided to clean that area up by demolishing the buildings in which these people do their business.

No different than what they did to the Gold Club.

I used to stop all the time. Heck I'd park on the side of the road and go sit on the benches enjoying a nice cold sweet tea. I don't live in fear from petty thieves and the like.

I'm not really into car gatherings. There were a few I used to attend a few times but they bore the piss out of me. It's no different than the Nasioc wrx guys. After 15 minutes around them, I want to slit my wrists.

The funny thing about the fed pen was the eerie glow it had to itself at night. the area is totally dark except for this facility. What's funny is the hooker killers that would be lurking around this area not more than 1 mile from the fed pen. Police prescence was nearly non-existent and this was one of the best places to kick back and relax. Biker bars, crack houses, hookers, trucker stops, and pen inmates. Heaven if one had to describe it.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy
i'd get the **** out!
yeah i'm starting to lean more and more on gtfo. need to make a few more bucks so i can truly retire and then move out of country. ain't free to enjoy crap anymore.

did i mention the 17 year old that got thrown in jail for 10 years for having consensual sex with a 16 year old. apparently they are filing for an appeal now.

what cracks me up is why don't they throw the 16 year old girl in jail for 10 years too.

way to go christian conservatives. thanks for trying.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Hater

Quote:
need to make a few more bucks so i can truly retire and then move out of country. ain't free to enjoy crap anymore.

you could just move out of the bible belt. go to Colorado and open a Hyundai dealer near shelfy, and retire in 4 years.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
you could just move out of the bible belt. go to Colorado and open a Hyundai dealer near shelfy, and retire in 4 years.

it didn't used to be this way though.

i need to get enough loot to open my own joint: Sinner's Haven or Sinner's Lounge.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Time

Quote:
yeah i'm starting to lean more and more on gtfo. need to make a few more bucks so i can truly retire and then move out of country. ain't free to enjoy crap anymore.

did i mention the 17 year old that got thrown in jail for 10 years for having consensual sex with a 16 year old. apparently they are filing for an appeal now.

what cracks me up is why don't they throw the 16 year old girl in jail for 10 years too.

way to go christian conservatives. thanks for trying.
I suspect it is time to leave--I decided that 12 years ago.
But as to the 17 and 16--don't blame that on the bible belt--most states now have the same laws. It also bothers me to hear people talk about "children" and sex. Someone that is 11 or 12 IS a child, but most that are 15 and up are hardly a children. Particularly when the other participant is just a few years older.

I am a conservative, but don't agree with the mandatory sentencing most states have passed except where really involving "children". I think other factors need to be considered on a case by case basis.

When I lived in Atlanta--Fulton Industrial was just starting to develop other than the original purely warehouse and industrial area.

Sorry, to hear the Gold Club went south. There also used to be several clubs in the Stewart Av area of East Point, but guess its not even Stewart Av anymore.

Not so sure CO would be a great option either except outside the Denver area.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-07-2007, 01:00 PM

hmm..maybe I should be like Brian “Head” Welch and find haysus and yahweh hiding under some rock, riding a nice moist earthworm.

then i'll write a book and talk about how haysus saved me and join seminary to become some form of religious leader. then i'll establish a new dark cult with a good moral christian front.

Ted Haggerty is my hero.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: