Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
ECUtune Stage 2v7 & Stage 2v7F

I'm creating this thread now as Stage 2v7 and Stage 2v7F are ready to be released.

For those interested, the concept of Stage 2v7 and Stage 2v7F was originally brought up by me and refined and aggreed upon by SVX community members in the ECUtune New Developments thread on these forums http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36339

What is stage 2v7? Stage 2v7 is performance engine management software for a 92-95 SVX and a memory adaptor which is used to install that software into an SVX engine control unit.

What does stage2v7 do? Stage 2v7 provides engine management for up to and maybe a little over 500 horse power.

How does stage 2v7 provide engine management for 500 hp using the stock ecu? In order to manage higher power outputs an engine management system needs to be able to measure more air and inject more fuel. The stage 2v7 software is used with a z32 maf meter to be able to measure more air and with sr20det 370cc fuel injectors to be able to inject more fuel.

Can i use stage 2v7 without the z32 maf meter or without sr20det 370cc fuel injectors? No, the software is precisely calibrated to use that sensor and those fuel injectors.

Will stage 2v7 make my SVX faster even if I don't do any other performance modifications? Yes stage 2v7 is tuned for performance and will make an otherwise stock SVX noticeably faster; however, that performance tuning is also offered in our Stage 1v5 software.

I'm not going to do any other modifications to my car should I get stage2v7 instead of stage 1v5? No, stage 1v5 will offer very similar performance and is cheaper.

When should I get Stage 2v7 instead of stage 1v5?
  1. you want to turbocharge or supercharge
  2. you want to run a dry nitrous oxide system
  3. you will be doing engine modifications like camshafts
  4. you will be running high rpms
  5. you want to run e85 instead of gasoline

I can run E85 instead of gasoline if I have stage 2v7?
There are two versions of stage 2v7, "Stage 2v7" and "Stage 2v7F" The F in stage 2v7F stands for flex fuel. All ECUtune memory adaptors have the ability to house and switch between two sets of software. Stage 2v7F has one set of software for gasoline and one set of software for E85; this means that when you have Stage 2v7F you can fill up with either gasoline or E85 and just flip a switch according to which fuel you are using.

What does the 2nd set of software in the regular Stage 2v7 do? It is tuned for the use nitrous oxide...or if it needs be the use of regular unleaded gasoline instead of premium. To characterize it as simply as possilbe..there is less ignition advance under load.

If I want to turbocharge my car which is better a stand alone engine management system or stage 2v7? Stage 2v7 spanks whatever stand alone you are looking at. The factory engine management system of an SVX is very powerful. It is much more acurate than a stand alone engine management system and is very good at doing what it was designed and programmed to do. Subaru programmed it to use the factory injectors and afm because that's all a stock svx requires. With our programming and the sr20det injectors and z32 afm it is very good at managing 500hp. It's very good at 30 degrees F and it's very good at 100 degrees F, it's very good at sea level and it's very good visiting the Coors brewery, it's very good with the ac turned on and it's very good with the ac turned off, it's very good when the baltery voltage is high and it's very good when the battery voltage is low....in short, it's already programmed to acurately handle every opperating condition you can encounter anywhere. You can install it in an hour and turn the key and have a perfectly running car with more acurate engine management than you would have after a year of custom tuning a stand alone.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
awesome mike, cannot wait to purchase!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
If I wasn't sold before, I certainly am now.

Now to decide, bike, or SVX mods this year...

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Just some dude.

I'll get it up on the website today.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:45 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
If I wasn't sold before, I certainly am now.

Now to decide, bike, or SVX mods this year...
Dude!
SVX mods!

It snows where you are......

A 45mph wind chill and 10f just sucks!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Mike:

I have Stage 2 V6 with the original Chike intake cam substitution. I still suffer a little bit from 5MT stall, especially in warm weather (I've narrowed it down to that. Haven't yet tried diddling with my fpr in warm weather to overcome this). I don't really plan additional engine mods, at the current time. Any advantage for me with the Stage 2 v7.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles
Dude!
SVX mods!
It snows where you are......
A 45mph wind chill and 10f just sucks!
Considering todays events I just might scrap the bike idea til next year..

I gotta decide soon though. I don't have summer tires yet and the ice is beginning to melt. :/

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Just some dude.

It's barely still today but I did manage to get 2v7 on the website today.

Those who have 2v6 and want 2v7 you can for a limited time send me your 2v6 ROMs and when I get them I will send you a paypal invoice for $20 and send you 2v7 ROMs. I understand that this will leave you minus software during the transit time but unfortunately it has been repeatedly proven that if I send something out expecting something back I will not get everything back.

The regular upgrade prices are available through the website. When upgrades are ordered through the website you don't need to send back your old roms. I will simply verify what you have ordered from us in our database to approve the upgrade.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Just some dude.

Your set up is kind of borderline decision wise....
Those cams don't do much but you also have the manual so you can run higher rpms. The timing floor is higher in 2v7 too so that may help with your stall if you wire the ecu to think it is in Neutral all the time.
.........therefore......I don't know........

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Mike:

I have Stage 2 V6 with the original Chike intake cam substitution. I still suffer a little bit from 5MT stall, especially in warm weather (I've narrowed it down to that. Haven't yet tried diddling with my fpr in warm weather to overcome this). I don't really plan additional engine mods, at the current time. Any advantage for me with the Stage 2 v7.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
Your set up is kind of borderline decision wise....
Those cams don't do much but you also have the manual so you can run higher rpms. The timing floor is higher in 2v7 too so that may help with your stall if you wire the ecu to think it is in Neutral all the time.
.........therefore......I don't know........

Sounds like a definite maybe
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Just some dude.

you know..what we can do to make the upgrade from 2v6 to 2v7 easier is ...

after you have your injectors and the electrical connectors for them
purchase the upgrade from the website and make note in your paypal payment that you have 2v6 and will be sending your 2v6 ROMs back
If I actually get your 2v6 ROMs back within the time period paypal lets me refund a payment I will do a partial refund for $109
Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Great news Michael! I've been waiting on this upgrade. The paypal's in the net! When I ordered I didn't get a chance or I was too stupid to notice how to specify the nitrous version and not the ethanol version so if you can please set me up with the nitrous version.
Thanks
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 04-06-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Just some dude.

That was my fault. I forgot to add the buttons for Stage2v7F. I added them now. I just sent you an email asking which you wanted before I read this post.....got it, 2v7 is on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Great news Michael! I've been waiting on this upgrade. The paypal's in the net! When I ordered I didn't get a chance or I was too stupid to notice how to specify the nitrous version and not the ethanol version so if you can please set me up with the nitrous version.
Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Just some dude.

what you should really do is upgrade to 2v7 and get the ECUtune cam set. not trying to push the cams or anything....just they really are b*d **s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
Mike:

Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
If anyone is having trouble finding injectors for this upgrade on ebay I suggest going straight to sr20forum.com Look in the classified section under the forced induction performance parts subforum. Alot of them have been going for $85 to $100 for a set of 4. If all goes well I'll have 8 of them very soon. They have been going upwards of $120 for a set of 4 on ebay lately.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.