Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Registered SVX
Just to be clear, as you have mentioned a couple solutions for the stalling with factory programming in MT converted cars, will the new software still drop fuel and timing to zero when decelerating with the auto, just as stock programming does? Does this programming benefit fuel economy?

Then, the MT guys will wire the ECU to N, to be covered in another thread? If the MT guys can get around this, and the autobox guys can get all the economy available off throttle, that's perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname

The stage 1v5 software has the rev limiter raised to 7400 rpms and lower rpm tuning to greatly improve performance for cars which have been converted to manual transmissions. With the ECU wired to indicate the transmission is alwasy in the N position there should not be any problems with stalling when the clutch pedal is pressed or when the car is taken out of gear and the pedal is released.
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
That is correct. The stage 1 software still has the fuel cut on decell just like factory.

Then the mt guys will wire the ECU to N to deactivate the fuel cut on their cars. If that doesn't work I will make them a 2nd version specifically for manual transmissions. I am not removing the fuel cut from the standard software for automatic SVXii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Just to be clear, as you have mentioned a couple solutions for the stalling with factory programming in MT converted cars, will the new software still drop fuel and timing to zero when decelerating with the auto, just as stock programming does? Does this programming benefit fuel economy?

Then, the MT guys will wire the ECU to N, to be covered in another thread? If the MT guys can get around this, and the autobox guys can get all the economy available off throttle, that's perfect.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
That is correct. The stage 1 software still has the fuel cut on decell just like factory.

Then the mt guys will wire the ECU to N to deactivate the fuel cut on their cars. If that doesn't work I will make them a 2nd version specifically for manual transmissions. I am not removing the fuel cut from the standard software for automatic SVXii.

Quick question, wont wiring the ECU to see nutral all the time disable the cruise control? I thought that was why we set the car up to see nutral when the clutch was pushed in. That way the cruise control could be used and it would shut off if you pressed the clutch in. I've also learned to not push the cltch in until the engine is below 2000rpms when stopping. That seems to prevent the stall, because the engine is under load still while stopping.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Just some dude.

I'm not sure but you may well be right. I wasn't thinking of that. I'll have the test bunny pay attention to that too. If that is the case then I will make a seperate version for cars with manual transmissions. When I am in front of the factory service manual I will pay attention to if the signal to the cruise control computer is actually coming from the ecu or if it was originally just on the same circuit. If they are just on the same circuit we can wire them seperately so that the ecu always thinks it's in N but the cruise control only thinks it's in N when the clutch is pushed in. Even if the cruise control computer is getting its signal from the ecu if its just a high/low switch we can wire it seperately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Quick question, wont wiring the ECU to see nutral all the time disable the cruise control? I thought that was why we set the car up to see nutral when the clutch was pushed in. That way the cruise control could be used and it would shut off if you pressed the clutch in. I've also learned to not push the cltch in until the engine is below 2000rpms when stopping. That seems to prevent the stall, because the engine is under load still while stopping.

Last edited by longassname; 01-08-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
I'm not sure but you may well be right. I wasn't thinking of that. I'll have the test bunny pay attention to that too. If that is the case then I will make a seperate version for cars with manual transmissions. When I am in front of the factory service manual I will pay attention to if the signal to the cruise control computer is actually coming from the ecu or if it was originally just on the same circuit. If they are just on the same circuit we can wire them seperately so that the ecu always thinks it's in N but the cruise control only thinks it's in N when the clutch is pushed in.

Well...wouldn't wiring the clutch peddle up to show neutral when you press in the clutch peddle FIX the stall problem?
As the ECU would see it as being in neutral (when coasting with the clutch de-pressed) so it wouldn't cut the fuel?

That is how I wired mine, and I never had a stall problem...so maybe that's why....I only wired it that way to make the cruise control work....

Just some thoughts...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Just some dude.

Yes, you would just have to continue holding the clutch in until after you stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Well...wouldn't wiring the clutch peddle up to show neutral when you press in the clutch peddle FIX the stall problem?
As the ECU would see it as being in neutral (when coasting with the clutch de-pressed) so it wouldn't cut the fuel?

That is how I wired mine, and I never had a stall problem...so maybe that's why....I only wired it that way to make the cruise control work....

Just some thoughts...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Just some dude.

this manual transmisison stuff is quickly starting to dominate the stage1v5 thread. There's no point in talking about it in here. I won't really be ready to talk about it until I can sit in front of the schematics and actually know what I'm talking about....I'll start a new thread then to discuss it and see if we can come to consensus on if I should make a seperate version specifically for manual transmissions.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Following the path of the beam

Just ordered mine.
Cant wait!

92 Ebony LS-L "Jabberwerwok" Now includes 1 *free "Wheeeeeee" per ride!
83 Honda Magna v45 "Grendel"

*Free after mail in rebate
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Just some dude.

You won't have to wait long. I'm packing it now and including it in todays shipments. Will be at the post office in about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat-red
Just ordered mine.
Cant wait!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Just some dude.

Anyone who has an older stage 1 and didn't get an email from me isn't on my list of registered owners or I have the wrong email for you. If you want to get update notices like this and be eligable for upgrade pricing send me an email with your serial # email addy and shipping address.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
how about folks who purchased the stage 1 and upgraded to the stage 2 and then bought another SVX that could use the new stage 1
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Just some dude.

I would have left you out of the emailing assuming that your stage 1 was replaced with the stage 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
how about folks who purchased the stage 1 and upgraded to the stage 2 and then bought another SVX that could use the new stage 1
-Bill
Old 01-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Just received the 1v5. Gonna install it at work and see how the test drive feels on my way home Thx Mike with the fast shipment..
Old 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM

Ditto with the fast shipping.
Thanks!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:17 PM

Uh, oh,
Just installed it and now I have a check engine light.

Codes 37, and 55
37 may be because I'm running my A/F gauge from that ecu lead, but 55?
Why would it throw a 55??

Why is nothing ever easy on this car...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: