Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 06:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Aquisition of JDM parts?

Well, I have been lurking around, wishing I had a nice sporty 'beater' car, instead of my 95 Sentra which looks like CRAP...and stops like it too...(freshly crashed, T-Boning a Honda Civic....to bad its my fault eh?) ,

.....but also saving up to purchase a bunch of stuff for my SVX which has been sitting all summer (due to gas costs, and the fact I didn't want to smash her up, being inexperienced with city driving [just moved to worcester ma], good thing eh?). Emailing Dayle on what kind of availibility there was, I was terribly disappointed. No folding mirrors, no rear center light, no used corners....three out of four of my list, N/A! Maybe for a looooong time.

Anyone know how one could aquire these elsewhere?
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 07-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Contact Japan Direct Import Service in Kyoto-City Japan

http://www.mediawars.ne.jp/~kemkem/index.html

I was the one who found this JDM parts source many years ago. I have done 3 or 4 group orders from Masao Kato at Japan Direct Import Service in the past for hood emblems and also personal orders to get the first Boxer engine cover and Alcyone center taillight panel from Japan. (see Reading II photos). Seraph has also done a group order with him as well.

I, and other members here, have always had a very good working relationship with him.

I also use him to order parts for my SVX that I can no longer get in this country that are not JDM-specific (beige rear speaker grilles, seat fold down buttons, etc.) I pay the full 11% commission per order (about $25.00) plus shipping. If a larger order is placed the commission is divided among all ordering. At present getting an emblem to anyone who orders by priority mail, after it is shipped to me, is around $60.00.

Shipping time from Japan to me (Baltimore, MD) has been running consistently around 4 days

This is the current commission rate (per order) for Japan Direct Import service:

1 - 50,000 Yen 12.5% (minimum 3,000 JPY) about $25.00
50,001 - 100,000 Yen 11%
100,001 - 200,000 Yen 10%
200,001 - 400,000 Yen 9%
400,001 - 600,000 Yen 8%
600,001 - 800,000 Yen 7%
800,000 - 1,000,000 Yen 6%
More than 1,000,001 Yen 5%

Email him your parts request and he will promptly get back to you with a total price. I always send him a USPS international Money Order and never have had a problem. In fact, I have also sent a scanned image of the completed money order and emailed it to him. That way he would obtain the parts and send them in advance of actually receiving the payment, knowing it was on its way.
His email is kemkem@mediawars.ne.jp

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 07-30-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:34 AM

Thank you

Title says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
They either went out of buisness or I'm flying to Japan and kicking some seriuos butt. I paid for a B4 spoiler and never got it. They never returned my money, and I havent been able to contact them. It cost my just shy of $1000.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Mikecg: call me

Mike,

give me a call on my cellphone (410-746-6770)

I sent Masao and email and want to get more information on your failed transaction when I talk directly to him. It was not that long ago that I spoke with him. I am surpised at your comments; in our coorespondence and conversations, he gave me no indication whatsoever that they may go out of business.

Update:

I sent Masao Kato an email, but have yet to get a reply back, which is unusual. he usually responds within a day or two. When I call his office phone, it just rings. It has not been disconnected or out of service. I will continue to pursue this.

Maybe there is a shame or embarrassment on his part that we, as Westerners, don't understand too well. He may be blaming himself for things beyond his control.
'

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 08-01-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:46 AM

me too

I had no reply to my email to him either, which was sent the say you first replied svxcess.

Good Luck and keep us updated!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:09 PM

buuuuhuump

Any update? I've got a grand set aside here for the SVX here, and I want to put it into things that will become more and more difficult to obtain later in life. Ex: Heated Seat controls-JDM folding mirrors-JDM Front Badge-JDM Rear Center Light-JDM Corners

Then I can start on the things that will only get cheaper and easier to obtain, over time (like 6mt from a WRX )

Question...can we get things from delta speed? I want the side skirts, but dont know about how to get them either.

James
Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Japan Import Services is a good business to work with. I give them two thumbs up.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:59 AM

John boy! Read the PS!

I thought it would be good just to post this entire email. Will provide everyone with the knowledge so this guy doesnt get bombarded with requests that wont go anywhere. As far as the Mirrors he speaks of, forget it, they are mine

James

Dear James Mercier

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Please excuse me for my broken
English.
Thank you very much for your interest, but unfortunately it seems impossible
to respond to your request. Here in Japan, Alcyone SVX was not sold so much.
So, number of the vehicle may be little than the US.
We currently don't have any used parts for Alcyone SVX in the stock. We just
provide used parts from used market when customers request to provide such.
Even if we found something for the vehicle in the market, condition is not
always good. So, it's impossible to provide large quantity of the parts in
used and excellent condition.

Rear center "Alcyone" Light Assembly
> I looked for the light in the market, but the light was not available now.

Front Corner light Assemblies
> Several lights were available. But I recommend you to purchase brand new
> one because prices are not good.

Alycone Hood Badge
> It's not available from the market because used parts dealers don't want
> to detach it from the hood so that they keep the quality of the hood.

Powered Folding Mirror Assemblies w/ interior switch (any color)
> A set of the mirror was available. But the switched is not contained.
> Switches are not available from the market as well as matter of the
> badges.

Thanks and regards

PS
Do you know John Hoffman who is a manager of SVX website. We need to contact with him, but emails to him always returned. If you know, please advise.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavikan
PS
Do you know John Hoffman who is a manager of SVX website. We need to contact with him, but emails to him always returned. If you know, please advise.
When was I promoted to manager

He should have my email. I have recently sent him emails that were not acknowledged, so my return address should be there. It is in my signature as well.

If you have a contact address for him, send me a PM or just send him my address
jhoffman44@comcast.net

James,

If you want to talk with me directly, my cell number is 410-746-6770.

Last edited by svxcess; 09-11-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
found this on their ste:

Interesting to see a Legacy Blitzen wing on an SVX

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

ZAVIKAN: Check your PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
When was I promoted to manager

He should have my email. I have senthim emails that were not acknowledged, so my return address should be there. It is in my signature as well.

If you have a contact address for him, send me a PM or just send him my address
jhoffman44@comcast.net

James,

If you want to talk with me directly, my cell number is 410-746-6770.
James, you have 2 PM's. Check your inbox.
'

Old 09-11-2006, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
That was the wing I order from them. I sent them the money nearly a year ago. They had some issues at the time and requested to cancel the order. To thi9s date they have given me neither my spoiler, or returned my money. I have sent numerous e-mails with no reply from them. I want my freakin' $700.00 back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
found this on their ste:

Interesting to see a Legacy Blitzen wing on an SVX
Old 09-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Headed to Texas...

It appears I am out of $400.

I have dealt with Masao Kato several times over the years, with flawless service.

Sooo..I had no hesitation in sending big bucks via International Postal Money Order in July. That month seems to be when it all went bad over there.

After a long time lag after sending off the funds and no parts (unusual for him) I received an email in early August from him that appeared to be a group email to all his customers. He said he had been ill and in the hospital and he was writing from his hospital bed. He asked if I wanted a refund or to continue with the order - I replied send me the part when you are able. I can understand if he's sick, it happens...and like I said, he's had a great track record.

However, that was the last I heard from him and he has not replied to several emails. I feared he was dead! but based on the above posts....I don't know. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like John said, possibly he is facing very hard circumstances and embarrassment, but he does have $400of my cash - which is a LOT, especially for a grille which I didn't need but just WANTED.

I hope this story has a happy ending

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 09-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Headed to Texas...

Just a bump to keep this accessible for a while.

jnj7707@yahoo.com