Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
What's with the ladies comment?
SOME ladies...not all. Some men as well.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:13 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
SOME ladies...not all. Some men as well.
Yes, Michelle. Take it easy. Some but not all.

I drive like almost 3000 miles a mth in city with a fast pace. Some ladies just don't know how to control their vehicles and always give accident chances. This got me mad especially if they're driving a SUV while on the phone, they don't know what they're doing and causing traffics. But again I was impressed that some ladies or "few" ladies I see drive better than some guys.....at least there're a few in my mind now in my opinions.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-03-2006, 11:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
[QUOTE=SSSVX]Again, some ladies just can't drive on the roads. [QUOTE]

Bite me.

Her sex had nothing to do with her inability to drive, just as your sex has nothing to do with you inability to think before typing inappropriate and offensive ideas on a public forum.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 PM
One teal and One yellow

[QUOTE=DreamingOfSpeed][QUOTE=SSSVX]Again, some ladies just can't drive on the roads.
Quote:

Bite me.

Her sex had nothing to do with her inability to drive, just as your sex has nothing to do with you inability to think before typing inappropriate and offensive ideas on a public forum.

I don't know if this is related to the sex issue. Please don't get sensitive and I wasn't trying to be offensive. (that's why I said SOME not all at the first place) I don't know if this is any inappropriate, just that you think and respond differently as of because you're different sex, perhaps.

That was just a relief statement I made on that day. Many times, statistically, in my personal driving experiences of many, many miles on the roads, "they're always giving me the risk of my life and my car of occuring a vehicle accident." And, there's their faults and some of them were even on the cellphones and didn't realise that's their problems. Maybe this is just my life coincidence

And, some of the guys they drive like the road rages when they think their cars are big, great and powerful. I personally don't like them either.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:08 AM

The commonalities i eprsonally see msot often on the freeway is that women are more prone to forget to do some certain things (signal, etc) and talk on cell phones/put makeup on

and men are more likely to just stupidly NOT follow traffic rules, tailgate, swerve in traffic, and be overall cocksucks.

the skill is equal, but the tendencies are different.

people can get really up-in-arms on these forums o_O
Old 08-04-2006, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr240sx
people can get really up-in-arms on these forums o_O
No, just sick of nearly every other time i log onto the forum here coming across some sort of slur against my sex. From my first visit to my most recent one and truthfully it keeps me from logging on a lot b/c it disgusts me that in 2006 we're still dealing with assholes who think having a penis makes you a all knowing, great driving, god.

In my experience, i've had the exact opposite. None of my female friends have been in accidents but most of my male friends have. When i drive my cell phone is in my purse behind the drivers seat, when my boyfriend drives its glued to his ear so i can entertain him while he forgets to signal and doesnt stop at stop signs b/c he doesnt 'need to'. Men talk on the cell phone just as often as women do but you dont instantly assume when they hit things in their cars that they were 'talking on the cell phone and drinking coffee' but you say it when its a female which is intolerable in 2006 (hell it was intolerable 1966) and i am not going to stand by while you bash my sex to blow off steam.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:36 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
In my experience, i've had the exact opposite. None of my female friends have been in accidents but most of my male friends have.
Same here. A friend of mine of the female gender has gotten two tickets (one for speeding and one for making a right hand turn on red where not allowed) while one of my male friends totaled two cars. Another one of my male friends ran into the back of an explorer with his Jetta. I'm male and I slid into a guard rail in icy conditions.

Problem is though that this is what we see on the net and tend to think.

Granted, those are extreme cases, but that is what we see on the net. Unfortunately, in this state, when I'm following someone who's driving under the limit or swerving, it's either an old person or a woman. That's just what I've seen from my own 2 year experience as a driver. I've not personally ridden with some of my female friends when they're driving....but I've heard bad things from their own !female friends! about their driving skills! It just happens to be what I've seen so...I'll leave you with that.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 AM
One teal and One yellow

i was being nice n objective if some assholes want to be rude n think that's offensive i cant help it. "some" girls are just too sensitive n can be easily offended by a little thing i cant help it either. yes a person who has a penis can definitely drive better while on the phone because that penis is a super cellphone external antenna n they have better receptions in the car n can still think n drive better whereas assholes have nothing but are just holes when they're on the phones they'll be drawn by the attentions n can't make proper decisions h a h a h a

i'm also sick of "some" ladies' drivings. they think they're good but they cant control the wheel still want to push so much gas when coming from a turn at stop they think that's okay but driving 20mph under speed limit on the fast lane when on the phone n causing traffics n they also cant see you're drivng 50mph oncoming to them n they just come out unexpectedly making a turn slowly in front of you n etc that're just my experiences with them but did I say alllll of you? did I say only you? dang i have also seen "some" new male drivers did that too but why're you so pissed? I'm pissed too n want to vent off a lil bit. i have seen "Some" men drivers can't even park a car straight in the box more than 10mins...... Happy? o-O

PS: wasteofmoney, sorry about your thread and these. hope you will get a happy settlement with your svx from the insurance company soon.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:41 PM

Oh sorry i'm so sensitive to your sexist comments, i must be having my period or something. How about some PEOPLES driving, why must you instantly break it down to male verse female driving? Only 'new male drivers' pull out in front of you where you're doing 50, never had some old geezer pull his caddy in front of you and drive 15 freaking MPH??? Really that whole second paragraph shows how rude and sexist you are, good forbid i be offended by it. Maybe the rest of the ladies here dont feel the need to stand up for themselves but i have no intention of letting you think I or any of my sex it a lesser being behind the wheel or else where because we have a vagina. My genitalia is not involved in any actions required to drive and neither is yours so dont even think for one second it makes a difference in the way we handle a car. I see just as many men doing stupid things as i do women behind the wheel and i REFUSE to let you say that any woman's driving ability or actions is related to her gender b/c you and i both know thats just stupid.

And wasteofmoney i'm sorry for the hostile takeover and i hope everything turns out well for you but as i'm sure you've noticed i have a slight problem with some of the things said here i intend to say my piece.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:42 AM

Haha, all good, I'm not too worried about my thread... BUT, not to be on anyones side, but I thought it was kinda funny that in this 6 car pile up, the 3 cars in back that failed to stop were all females, and the 3 cars that were in front were all male drivers .. AGAIN, I am not taking sides, because I could care less, but I did think it was funny seeing you guys argue about this exact subject...

ANYWAYS, so I have not got an official offer, but the inspector who looked at my car called and gave me the expected value, which was $5,600 ... There was also a few more things (such as remote start, an after market alarm, and some stereo equipment) that he over looked and was going to have included in the price that would drive it up a little more... I think it is pretty fair, seeing how I am only getting paid a "fair market value"...
Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, was the honda accord behind you damaged when it rear ended you?
Old 08-08-2006, 02:57 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
Maybe the rest of the ladies here dont feel the need to stand up for themselves but i have no intention of letting you think I or any of my sex it a lesser being behind the wheel or else where because we have a vagina. My genitalia is not involved in any actions required to drive and neither is yours so dont even think for one second it makes a difference in the way we handle a car. I see just as many men doing stupid things as i do women behind the wheel and i REFUSE to let you say that any woman's driving ability or actions is related to her gender b/c you and i both know thats just stupid.
I could be pretty perturbed by the fact that every old person seems to think that teenagers go out and kill themselves while driving. But, I'm not.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieGravy
Just out of curiosity, was the honda accord behind you damaged when it rear ended you?
Some damage, airbags deployed.. Def not totalled like mine..

And oh yeah, the official offer on my car is $5710...
Old 08-08-2006, 10:18 PM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
Hey waste, That is good to know considering I am in PHX too. What freeway were you on?

In regards to all the sexist hooplah everyone needs to can it. I am sorry but most of the time anything has happened to any of my cars I always catch a female doing. I'm sure what was said was going by statistic and not as a whole statement to the female gender. All my little door dings and scratches on my cars are from women not knowing how to parallel park or just regular park for that damn matter. I get in to an accident almost every day due to some girl from ASU or NAU or U of A where daddy bought her a nice new car, and she's talking on her cellphone like its about to go out of style, meandering through lanes of highway traffic at 50 miles per hour where the posted limit is 65, failing to use turn signals and driving with disregard to everyone on the road. Every day I travel the 18 miles to work on the 101 freeway and some lady will not pay attention and try to merge into my lane, or be blocking the left lane doing 65 or under. THE SIGN SAYS "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" that to me means "MOVE YOUR A$$". I could go on and on about all the dumb guys too, but in my experience guys drive faster and do dumber crap to look cool. Like blowing stop signs, not using turn signals, chirping tires, racing other cars all on the street, but out of what I can see and DO see on a daily basis , some female drivers have no regards to the safety of anyone else on the road.

Now I am willing to say this. In my almost 8 years of driving I have been in 4 accidents. The first, I was 17 and a bus was blocking my view of a stop sign and I t-boned someone doing about 12 miles an hour, very minor damage. The second , some lady pulled out of her parking spot while talking on her phone and kept just backing up, right into my toyota celica, crunching the flip-up headlamp, the corner of the hood, and cracking the signal light. The 3rd accident was a younger girl not paying attention and rear ending me doing 30 miles per hour. Miraculously no damage was done to either car, she hit me right in the bumper, and our bumpers absorbed all the shock. And lastly the 4th accident was recently, some rich scottsdale guy in his brand new h3 hummer backed up into me in a parking lot, and crunched the passenger side fender and sideskirt on my svx.

NONE OF US ARE PERFECT. Women have stereotypes about male drivers, and males have stereotypes about women drivers. Let's all agree that each sex has its fair share of idiot drivers and move on. We shouldn't be fighting each other based on sex.

Lets all have a hug >- -<

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 AM
One teal and One yellow

wasteofmoney, that's a nice value they got you....but I felt sad for you that your SVX was totalled by a "careless ((female)) driver^^"....hahaha. that was a nice SVX, what a pity. are you going to get another one and paint onto the same color? I don't really want to sell my SVX but for the money they gave you....you can have my SVX either one. My teal one is only @70K and new tranny was at 40K then with two tranny coolers installed. Ridiculously, I probably put less 500miles a year on my teal SVX now... If you're interested let me know... but I do drive alot is like 8hrs in the car a day and I mainly drive my other car and a little bit more on the yellow one due to the high expenses on svx I drive them less.

dreamingofspeed, perhaps most of the sexist things is from yourself or your own mind soul, I'm sorry that if you did have much experiences of the sexism, if you are/were. I don't discriminate on females because of something, in fact I have a lot of female friends they can play piano and cook very well and I admire them alot. And I did think about that and that's why at the very begining I put "SOME" ladies and I didn't mean all. Again, that's from my personal experiences and so it made me said that and as we know personal experiences may vary. I drive almost 3000miles a month and I am happy that I train myself of my driving style is clean, light, quick and always try to be less stress on my car. I'm also happy that I think I have driven maybe about 200,000miles with free of accidents and I have zero accident at my fault. A lot of times I have learned how to predict or avoid a possible accident especially from yes the "((female)) drivers"^^ hahahaha.....but there was some males too maybe also some gays oh yes SOME people. I don't think I have ever tried to argue with you a person who has a penis can drive or handle a car better than a person who has a vagina. (if you want to argue, let the statistic play...it's you going to dig...) I don't think I was even trying to be rude until you used the words such as assholes, penis, vagina and your inability to think. This is a car forum I don't think is so nice to use those words. So take it easy...I will quit myself from this thread and if it's kept going on the same thing it's just a waste of time and then your sex has nothing to do because of this and this has nothing to do because of your sex and I'm not going to let you do this because of my sex and that's because you have a penis.....*those things might come out again...*

yo gtdanielgt, I'm with you on that noone is perfect. And I wasn't trying to fight with each other at the first place based on sex.

Let's all enjoy driving our SVXi and safe motoring. ^^