Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-28-2006, 10:36 PM

Smile Wassup from the aloha state...

Hey glad to see a group of faithful SVX'ers. I love this car, it's very striking in appearance, which you all know, and a good platform for mods (just gotta find it or make it). Just thought I'd say hello to everyone and glad to own such a unique machine.

BTW, is there any SVX'ers in here that live in hawaii? If so, I was wondering if you were gonna go to the Subaru Summer cruise? Let me know, I would love to arrive with several SVX's to the meeting place before the actual cruise. Thanks
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Welcome to the site and hope you will enjoy ur rides and every moment on ur SVX. There are many mods that you can do on these cars, just search over the network. If you have any doubts, just post them here and someone will be always there to help you.

-Pavan
Old 06-28-2006, 11:34 PM
One teal and One yellow

Welcome to the site! Do you just get your SVX?

Are you the only SVX in Haiwaii? Have you seen anyone else there? Post some pictures of the scenes there with your SVX. I'm sure you can get some nice pictures to show us.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-29-2006, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Welcome to the site! Do you just get your SVX?

Are you the only SVX in Haiwaii? Have you seen anyone else there? Post some pictures of the scenes there with your SVX. I'm sure you can get some nice pictures to show us.

Yeah I see some from time to time, (like the last one I saw was a thousand years ago ) Nah seriously I saw at most two, and my girl saw a maroon/black parked with lambo doors on it. That's it. but I know there are more out there (not much more, but more).

I just got mine earlier this year. I got a few pix, not the greatest but a few...http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...96/work5-1.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00063.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00056.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00072.jpg

Last edited by L.O.R.D. SVX; 06-29-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 AM
One teal and One yellow

Thanks for your pictures. Your pearlwhite looks pretty good shape.

The pictures are pretty neat.....but, you may need to polish/clean up your "headlights"

I believe you can drive your SVX to, say, TX, OK, ....all the way to NY, right? But in between, you and your SVX need to ride on Ferry....., correct?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I agree...polishing the headlights make a world of difference. I used a fine scratch remover on mine and applied it by hand. Here's an example:

Old 06-29-2006, 10:24 AM

I like your rims, and does what kind of polish removes the yellow tint from your head lights. Rubbing compound or polishing compound or other?? I can barely see at night.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:34 AM
building more AK47's

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.R.D. SVX
Yeah I see some from time to time, (like the last one I saw was a thousand years ago ) Nah seriously I saw at most two, and my girl saw a maroon/black parked with lambo doors on it. That's it. but I know there are more out there (not much more, but more).

I just got mine earlier this year. I got a few pix, not the greatest but a few...http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...96/work5-1.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00063.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00056.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00072.jpg
Howzit brah! I used to live in Kahaluu and move to Tennessee in 1989. Man do I miss the great year round weather and beach. Surfing at Bellows, Makapuu, and the North Shore where is I grew up. No friggin surf here just a bunch of rednecks. It was expensive when we left and no better now I guess. Let me know how things are. Damian
Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I'm not on an island, but I am also isolated and live near a volcano. (:

Nice car.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hey L.O.R.D. SVX, I think my girlfriend snapped a pic of your car when she was on vacation in Hawaii last year She sent me a picture of a white SVX and said that it reminded her of me.... There can't be many SVXi on Hawaii... So I think it is your car... I'll try to find the pic and post it up for ya to see

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
dont forget to put youself on the map

http://www.frappr.com/svx

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 06-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
there is another member here that lives in hawaii but I can't remember his name. his car is beautiful. There are pics of it on here somewhere.

yeah I know - big help I was

Welcome to the network!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:57 AM

thanks guys for the welcome, it's too bad that I'm on a rock where ferrari's are more common than our rides, (well, that's actually pretty good). I actually had a guy in a 360 give me a confused look and asked me if my ride was european. I said,"NO". I told him it was a Subaru. he ask me if it was a 2006 model, I laughed and told him, " nope, it's a 92". he was extremely shocked. I mean really extremely shocked. He just nodded his head and said," Nice ride" then he went his own way. I felt real on that one. Wellll... yeah I could use a ferry to go to NY, but hey, I'd like to ask a favor from you guys, maybe you guys can catch a ferry here for the cruise because SVX's are more rare than snow here in the islands (Maui and the Big island shed snow from time to time) . Nah nah, great to be apart of this, and thanks again.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Old 06-30-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
WOW! NICE! Very clean. I wonder if this is the same SVX that I saw a few years ago, older guy driving? Well, with the rarity of this car, maybe. Or is this your ride, Earthworm?