Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-21-2002, 04:55 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Day 16 -- JUST SHOOT ME!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

C) Yes, dammit, I need a hug and I wanna kill somebody.
<hugs randy>

-Mike
Old 02-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
I wish I could say something wise and supportive here, but you know me too well to expect that.

I was thinking of tossing my two bits in here but they wouldn't help. I just hope all goes well soon.

We called around today, here's what we found:

Our price, using aftermarket rebuilder (I don't have any say in the pricing) - $3241 12/12 Warranty, $3658 12mo/Unlimited miles. Add $288 labor + fluid.

Called Bachman Subaru - $3333.10 12/12 Warranty + $288 labor + fluid. I wasn't the one that called them so I don't know if that's a Subaru tranny or not. The reason I wonder is SVXParts lists the trans @ $4xxx.00. Next is why only a 12/12 warranty? Outside transmission or just dealer policy?

I've been able to figure out where the dealers send their cores, but I haven't been able to decipher who is rebuilding them. Maybe someday....

Beav
Thanks Beav, just the fact that you withheld sarcasm gives me comfort.

As for the tranny prices --- Sheesh! They must've gotten their prices from the Evansville dealership. Yes, the 12/12 warranty is a bit slack. I thought Subaru offered 2 yr/24K. Of course, what galds my balls is, that one of our members found an invoice for a tranny replacement from the very dealer who wanted to charge me 4,600 (which they said included the core allowance), in the glovebox of an SVX he came across (I'm being vague cuz I don't wanna give the member away -- he's a VERY credible source). It's been a while, but, I believe the invoice was less than a year old and the price was around 2,300.00.

I've got a stack of prices quoted members around the country back when I had my first difficulty. The surprising one was a quote of 2,700.00 from Hawaii. It was around 3,200 in Indy, so, that may be my next best bet. Again, I HOPE I don't need it. Just trying to set a back-up plan.

Thank you, Beav for checking for me, and whomever got the other price. Hopefully, I'll climb outta my "funk" long enough to meet with you and Steve next Tuesday -- with or without the . . . you know what.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Re: Re: Re: Day 16 -- JUST SHOOT ME!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

But, this will definitely be my last visit at this shop unless two things happen: They charge me absolutely nothing for the time the car has been there AND they offer to reimburse me for any portion of my rental car. I imagine the combination of those two elements coming together are about as possible as Subaru introducing another "from the ground up" sports/luxury vehicle.
That sounds like a plan and would certainly help me feel better if it was my car. However, just think, while the car is in the shop you are keeping the mileage down! That has its advantages also.

Only kidding. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:00 PM
svxeno

Gawd-allmighty!!

Randy i,

I really feel for you on this. It's amazing that it is taking anyone this long. I would try to apply just enough pressure to get uninterrupted attention put on your car. You should begin to deduct (in your head) several $$ a day over and above a "reasonable" amount of time to repair/rebuild.

I hope it's warranty work.

Just keep thinking how much you'll enjoy it once it is returned with a good tranny you can drive with confidence.

Randy (Offering what comfort I can) ii

ps: I've changed my signature
Old 02-21-2002, 09:53 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I'd give you a hug but it's not really gonna make them work faster. On the other hand, if you want to go sit down at the shop with a shot gun, I am in.

Hope it get fixed soon. Last time, i was in a rental for a week and in Julia's car for 2. You don't know how much i hated that time.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Cisco

There is an SVX Tranny listed on Ebay.
Lats I checked it was at $100...
Old 02-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Yeah, and its listd by smallcar.com... maybe you guys can strike up a deal, randy!

-Mike
Old 02-21-2002, 10:28 PM
still in love with Hannah

Randy, I hope you get your baby back soon. I fortunately haven't had to be without mine for more than a week(both times was a tranny re-build). I do know what you are going through because I go through it in winter when I put Beth away to slumber for 4 months.

Patience is a beautiful name.

Hope it all turns out well.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim
Old 02-21-2002, 11:52 PM

Randy,

<opening my big bag of sympathy> Being such a good friend you can take as much as you would like I feel for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I know how frustrating it can be when something happens to your SVX. It happens to the best of us unfortunately

It has been 17 days since I picked up my rental and I still have another 8 or 9 days before I am suppose to get my SVX back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything stays on schedule for me and everything works out for U.

B.C.
bchaplinski@peoplepc.com (if you ever need to vent or need a sympathethic shoulder)

P.S. I bought some writing paper for your love notes. Really!!! Just you wait
Old 02-22-2002, 12:51 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Day 16 -- JUST SHOOT ME!!!!

randy, if they don't know how to fix it, they don't know. talk to them again and see what they'd say or just take your SVX back and look for other people.

don't know how much you pay for that stratus a day. find a beater and drive it first( depends on how much you want to pay for that ) - the cost to rebuild an SVX tranny can get a pretty good old japanese beater. save the rental car's money to pay for some parts of your beater - find an expert and let them spend time to fix your SVX. it isn't a bad idea to get another car for your family (but takes time to get a good SVX!) - since one of your daughters starts driving and sharing the minivan with her mom. when your SVX gets fixed, you can pass your temporarily beater to your daugther. just my $0.02 and isn't it a good idea?

while my SVX was at the shop to fix the AWD, it slept there for 10 days. i didn't feel stressful at all because i didn't need to rent a car but i still need to drive - because i could drive my daily beater '94 altima - 71K to visit my SVX to drive around to look for the parts. the fact was actually the shop could fix my car for the second day. ( they had used parts ) it slept there for 10 days because i was waiting for the part and the fluid(RedLine-service tranny btw). actually the day8/9, i could get my SVX back. i just told them i'd pick up on the saturday so i could talk to the boss to understand more. also, it slept in the shop if it came back earlier i didn't have roof for it.

this method works? now the SVX is back (under warranty) so I let go my resistance of all - I have been driving it every and every day.

if you live close to me, i'd love to recommend you to the tranny shop i went. quick and good. i'm not kidding. estimably, i've been seeing almost 20 different SVXes in my town of different colors from 92-97. last week, i parked my SVX at the coliqusm to school - 3 SVXes(including mine) parked in one row. that's cool. i stole taking a pic with the other same color as mine but no spoiler... i think i know almost half of the 20 who are the owners...5,6 of them are my friends..... so some shops here do know what is SVX...

if we live closeby, we can car-pool to school or work or you may take my daily beater.... take it easy.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 02-22-2002, 08:11 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Reman xmission

Randy

Just talked to the parts guy at Earl Duff. Here's the scoop on a remanufactured transmission for a 92 AWD. The price he quoted me was 2295 for the transmission, about 300 for the labor, plus a case of fluid and a filter kit. With sales tax, the whole thing looks like it would be around $3000. That includes a 24/24000 warranty. The price includes the allowance for the core exchange, otherwise it's 3495. The old transmission must be assembled - they won't accept a box of parts. He usually orders on a Tuesday, and would have it by Friday, unless something strange happens.

Just FYI.

Hang in there. Hope it all turns out well
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:29 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Gawd-allmighty!!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno
Praying for Randy i's tranny and my AC
You don't know how much I appreciate that. Thanks.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-22-2002, 08:32 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Last time, i was in a rental for a week and in Julia's car for 2. You don't know how much i hated that time.

Lwin

Oh, I know. Beeeelieve me. I know. I tried to prod them along a week ago by saying, "it's really sad when a preson is driving around in a brand new car and would much rather be driving one that's ten years old." Obviously, they didn't get the hint.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-22-2002, 08:35 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Just so's you know, the tranny that these guys rebuilt . . . that they're working on now . . . was procured from e-bay. The reason I didn't just put it in the car and go was because it had 84K on it when I bought it. Figured, "better safe than sorry." You don't know how sorry I am about that decision.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-22-2002, 08:38 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 249SVX
Randy, I hope you get your baby back soon. I fortunately haven't had to be without mine for more than a week(both times was a tranny re-build). I do know what you are going through because I go through it in winter when I put Beth away to slumber for 4 months.

Patience is a beautiful name.

Hope it all turns out well.
Thank you. I needed that.
Subaru Ambassador