How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-03-2004, 02:43 PM
#073 of 301

Can someone from Calgary, AB help me?

Hey guys, me again. As my post history shows, I've been shopping for an SVX for so very long now. Seems there's a decent one for sale in Calgary, and with me being in Regina, SK (7 hours away) I can't go check it out.

Are you or another forum member that you know of located in Calgary, AB or nearabouts and would be willing to go check this 92 Claret LSL out for me?

http://www.thecarstore.net/cgi-bin2/...ls&auto_id=586
"Maroon"...
FYI, Americans: Google tells me that 144k kilometers = 89.5k miles. Also, $9,675.00 CAD = $7,442.22 USD. Seems a bit high, but it's Canada. This is pretty much as cheap as they come.

Edit: I did a kbb.com search on this car for a US postal code *near* me and it showed this to be not far off of the dealer price. Not great for american enthusiasts, but a close enough match to KBB, especially for Canada. Still waiting on email response from dealer.

I have emailed that place with questions pertaining to the tranny, bearings, and rotors but that was JUST now and I haven't received a response. I also asked for a VIN which I hope someone can run a CarFax on for me (if not, I can try get it myself).

If I can get word that the car isn't a lemon, then I'll work on the financing. Shouldn't be a problem tho. Please post here if you can help, or feel free to PM me for my phone number and we can chat.

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Dan
(SVX-less, but working on it... stupid Canada)

PS: Please move this to "Wanted of For Sale" if you think it is better suited for that forum. I thought it might get a better response in here (General).

Last edited by Dza; 09-03-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'm a bit further away but my suggestion is to get one from the US. You'll save a ton of money and get the same quality car.

My dad just bought Mike's (Green1995SVX) for USD$5750 and my aunt just bought one from FL off eBay for less than USD$2800.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:54 PM
#073 of 301

I have been considering that since the start of my hunt. As much as I would like to find one in the US to save a bit of cash, I can't afford the initial hassle. I don't have the time off work available to go fly to the car and drive it back. I also, can't afford to have it shipped up here. Then theres the hassle of daytime runing lights, border fees, mph speedo, etc.

I haven't eliminated this option, but I honestly have been keeping my search close to home so that a weekend and less than $100 would get me an SVX here.

PS: How's Winterpeg? Our forecast shows snow for Thursday already!
PPS: Riders > Bombers. Coming here for the Labour Day Classic?

Edit: Nevermind. Going to wait til Q1 2k5, then get Dayle to do me up a nice one if he's willing

Edit x2: The seller responded to an email of mine...

"Dealer: Car Store,The
Make: SUBARU
Model: SVX
Year: 1992
Odometer: 144000
Price: $9675

Dear Dan, Thanks for your request for info on my SVX LS-L. The V>I>N>
isJF1CX3533NH105000. It is a Vancouver island , 1 owner car with 144,000 km.
We have done a full mechanical and have found the following items to be
deficient:RHS tierod end,front struts are weak,rear brakes/rotors, and a
sunroof switch.The tires are about 45% remaining, and front brakes about
50%.
We plan to correct the noted deficiencies at the posted price of the
car."

Hahahaha. Glad I gave up on this one a while ago.

Last edited by Dza; 09-08-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
No snow here yet...hope to not see any for at least another month.

There's a person beside me here at work that went to watch the game in Regina. I'm not really into football.