Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-23-2003, 05:41 AM
ww111

Do do do do (theme from Twilight Zone...) Check out my last post number...

Coincedence, I think not.

It was .223

Last edited by ww111; 10-23-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Here's a pic of my first gun.. It's a .22 caliber chipmunk. Walnut stock, bolt action, feed it one bullet at a time, but it teaches you to make every shot count! Fun little gun, and fit me perfect when I was seven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chipmunk.jpg (51.9 KB, 41 views)

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 10-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Shot king

I like that gun besides the obvious length of pull problem it looks like it would be a joy to carry. I've always had a fondness for .22's seems that no matter how inexpensive they are outa the box as long as ya feed em the right ammo they shoot sweet and if start sortin the shells the accuracy gets scary. I love em.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:32 PM
alacrity024

thanks for all the responses.. glad to see this is a good off-topic topic. the general consensus seems to be that the .22lr and .22mag are lousy long-distance performers due to low bullet mass.. this makes perfect sense, but i'm going to have to make do with what i've got. my father is a bit of an afficinado (spelling??) as well and he just bought a Bushmaster which i'm told is a pretty tight firearm. maybe i'll convince him to let me mount my scope on it.. anyhow, until i can afford to join a range, i'm stuck with 100 yards as my maximum distance.

as far as the REASON for target shooting goes, i'm sure a good chunk of it is testosterone-based. i know a lot more male shooters than i do female, but 7 times out of 10, a woman will outshoot a man.

and a bb gun or paintball gun isn't NEARLY as accurate as any powder-propelled rifle or handgun.. some people shoot targets so that they can better kill animals for food or sport, others shoot purely to develop the skill and stamina necessary to put 10 shots in a 1" circle from 50 yards..

of course, shooting the apples off the tree in your backyard from 100 paces is a real hoot as well.. god i love living in the sticks

-adam

btw, here's the gun i bought.. i don't have an actual picture of mine, but this'll give you an idea..

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...ip/882SSV.htm#
Old 10-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I only shoot Tequila, unfortunately.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-23-2003, 02:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
dont forget

When sh0ooting the apples dont forget that the round has to end up somewhere. They had to band people fireing there guns in thevair for New Years after a child was killed. Ashot bthat was fired, supposedly harmlessly into the air came back down a few blocks away and struck the child in the head.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:21 PM
alacrity024

yeah, good call.. i was raised to treat guns with an enormous amount of respect and just a little fear.. even if a gun is unloaded and the action has been permanantly welded closed, i still won't point it at someone.. safety and awareness are good habits to form around guns.

behind the apple tree is a good few miles worth of woods.. there's a minute chance that a stray bullet could hit either an animal or a hunter..

-adam
Old 10-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Shot king

Lets keep this thread goin i'm enjoyin this. I had my deer rifle out last nite took it apart to make sure everything is in working order (thank god it was). Need to get it on the range to make sure its still hittin right. Anyone else a hunter or just shooters?
Old 10-23-2003, 07:43 PM
ww111

Hunting... Eeewwww.

Now I'll eat venison All day long. But if I took up hunting now I'd have to kick myself. 17 years in Alabama (a deer a day limit) and 5 years in Idaho. (lotsa big animules) Nope, I'm just a shooter...

I'm also looking for barrels for a Thompson Center Contender in .223 and .44 Mag... Anyone?

And Yes, I think this thread is a pleasent diversion.

Collins

Oh, and that Marlin is a GREAT gun, as all Marlins are. My first .22 was a lever action Marlin and I still it.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
When I lost my right arm and had to give up racing bikes, I took up pistol shooting. A great sport and a good challenge for me to get into.
Shoot Olympic style disciplines through to Practical shooting.

Shoot a High Standard Victor .22 Target pistol and use a Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum in Practical Shooting. Puts a smile on my face when I can out shoot the young blokes, single handed.

The most accurate bullet in handgun target shooting is the flat faced wad cutter.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:29 AM
alacrity024

a one-armed bandit, eh? there's an animated cartoon here in the states called Saddle Rash.. it's about a gunslinger with no arms.. hey, they make it work..

do you think it would be possible to hand-feed a .22lr shell into the chamber of my .22mag? i don't see why it wouldn't FIT, but would there be some other issue to prevent me doing it?

what does everyone do when it gets COLD?????
Old 10-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
My chance to show off!!!!

I just put a pic in my locker of me winning my grade in a Service Shoot, just to show I'm not 'Nikfuen' around.

This is a 90 shot match using factory loads and shooting from the holster. Starting at 50 yds, ending at 7 yds, where you draw and shoot from the hip unaimed, 6 shoots in the first target, reload 6 shoots in the next target, in 15 seconds.

The other is from a recent IPSC shoot. Our fearless Prime Minster "the man of steel" as George Jun. called him, does not like guns, so he has band us from shooting any thing over a .38 or 9mm. so this shoot was a fair well to the .40 and .45 calibers. Doesn't mind us going to war though

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:15 AM
ww111

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

do you think it would be possible to hand-feed a .22lr shell into the chamber of my .22mag? i don't see why it wouldn't FIT, but would there be some other issue to prevent me doing it?
NO NO NO NO... Shorts, longs, and long rifles wil all fit in a 22.lr but a .22 Mag is a different diameter!!! BIG PROBLEMS. A .22 Mag won't even start to go into the chamer of a .22lr a .22lr will jingle around the chamber of a .22 Mag. DON'T Do it!!!

</rant>

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

what does everyone do when it gets COLD?????
I shoot my CP99. It's a Walther pellet gun that's too close to looking like my P99 in .40 Cal.

Wanta start a Pellet pistol League?

Collins

Last edited by ww111; 10-24-2003 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:05 AM
alacrity024

Quote:
Originally posted by ww111
hell yeah! ..now i just need to find the money for a pellet pistol

and thanks for the heads-up on the .22lr/.22mag incompatibility.. i somehow thought that because they were the same caliber, they'd be interchangeable.. i guess logic fails once again..

..that cp99 is pretty serious.. i might actually have to grab one someday soon.. a lot cheaper than paying for .40 rounds

-adam
Old 10-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by ww111

Collins
Now you're talkin'. I've got a .77 357 Mag Lookalike with interchangable 4 and 6 inch barrels and choice of 6 and 10 shot cylinders.

I'd like to get my single shot, Crossman pump .22 fixed. You can't hardly find .22s anymore. My crossman, I got when I was about 12 years old, so, I suppose it's an antique now.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: