SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Unhappy

Seraph-

Thank you for the offer, I just wish I would have run into you about 3 months ago when I was doing all my paint work. Cuz now even though I could get the grille from you for $200 I gotta turn around and have it painted also. 3 months ago I wouldn't have minded putting $200 more into my car, beacuse I would have had it painted and put on for same price I have already paid. Right now.... I'm trying to save money and I've already made my mind up on no more painting my car, but there's one exception....if that front bumper kit comes out (the one at Motorsportswarehouse.com on the white SVX) I'm in love with that bumper! Thanks again on the offer!
Joe
Old 04-01-2002, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I really wanted the grille from a 97 SVX but to order one from Subaru it was like $450+, and even with my little parts-guy hook-up it was still $390+.
Are you sure that price quote wasn't for a '92-'96 grill???? When a tree attacked my SVX two months ago my dealership quoted me a price of 349.95 for the '92-'96 grill. I decided to replace that grill with a '97. The '97 grill(unpainted) only cost me(the insurance company actually) $179.95.

B.C.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:54 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
My dealer quoted me for the same amount for both parts.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-01-2002, 10:55 AM
Lowered SVX

joe, car looks very clean.

you did a great job. paint is nice, i like the grill. i am surprised the paint held up so well on the optical plastic. sticker is ok. i am not big on stickers of any kind.

wheels and tires look great. your wheels remind me of my Enkei RS6's. brakes and rotors look good too, i hope you used a high temp. paint b/c if not they will quickly degrade.

only other mod i would make is to lower it just a little to decrease some of the gap in the wheel well. but that is just me. i like the road racer look. american lemans low i guess, well maybe not quite that low, but you get the general idea.

nice car.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Exclamation Price of grille........

I distinctly remember the parts guy at the Subaru dealship quoting me about $400+ for the 97 grille, but now that I think about it, he has quoted me the wrong price for a lot of other things (Passenger side door lock intiator, rear tail lights, etc.) and it was because of simple mix-ups on the computer when he was clicking around through SVX parts database. So this my guess on how I got such a ridiculous price quote on the grille. But like I said before, even though I like the 97 grille better, I'm just gonna stick with my painted 94 grille cuz I'm done spendin money on my car until that front bumper kit comes out.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Cool Pic's of My SVX with neons are loaded...

To those who are interested..........

Pics of my SVX with the green neons are now laoded in my personal locker if you'd like to check them out.

Breakdown of light configuration: (2) 3-foot front and back and (2) 4-foot sides. Neon lights are independently controlled with a toggle switch (installed through one of those extra black buttons), but if toggle switch is in the "on" position, the neons will go off when car is turned totally off (No accidental battery drainage!)

Thank-you for viewing!
Joe