Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 05:52 PM
CGLathrop

If you really want to cool it down..

Come up to Minot. -16 this morning. brrrr...
Old 01-29-2002, 06:56 PM
svxeno

Re: *trying to put worms back into can..*

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
More's Law is a generic term for someone trying to enhance the performance of an item by increasing its recommended specification(s) to a point where it actually does more harm than good.

Beav
I've done this with booze

Randy (hic!) ii
Old 01-29-2002, 09:15 PM
ravi

From where can I order B&M cooler. Looks like everybody relies on that. you guys said you got it for $45, where did you get it from?? I don't wanna give my car to some mechanic shop and let them stall it. I want to install it myself and do most of the work on my SVX by myself. If I get B&M cooler, can somebody around Baltimore, MD area help me installing it? I don't have right tools and I don't know where to run it from. So if somebody can help me, let me know.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:31 PM
One teal and One yellow

Arrow percents.....

how many percents of heat will be cut down by 1 or 2 cooler(s), in parallel, series set-up /?

how many percents of heat will be brought down or help by using the fully syn ATF, also depending on what kind of brands, mobil1, redline, etc?

say, if has 2 coolers plus the best fully ATF, does it really really get lot of more benefits? hmm..

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 01-31-2002, 05:25 AM
ravi

hhheeellllllooooo, hhhheeeeellllllooooooo, is anybody home? Nobody has told me yet where to order B&M tranny cooler.
wwwooo, wwwooo, I hypnotize everybody on this site to tell me where to order B&M tranny cooler. wwwooo, wwwooo, hypnotize and tell me. wwwwooooo wwwwoooo
Old 01-31-2002, 04:33 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
there are a ton of places to get one, The 2 I'd try first are www.summitracing.com and www.jegs.com You may be able to get one cheaper by searching the web. I have been very pleased with summit' s fast shipping and prices in the past.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Lowered SVX

i bought mine...

at a local performance shop here in memphis. any good performance place should stock them or be able to order them. sorry noone was answering your questions. sometimes you can just PM someone and they will help you.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 02-01-2002, 11:14 AM
ravi

hehehe, finally I hypnotized the ppl on this site. I am so happy about it. well, one more qestion now. What about we put two B&M coolers in a series??
Old 02-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Lowered SVX

bad idea.

if the first one clogs you are screwed. parallel or bypass make your choice.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 02-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
So... what if a person with only one cooler has a clog? No difference. Besides, I doubt the 4EAT has enough flow through the cooler circuit to use two add-on coolers in parallel to their best advantage.

Beav
Old 02-04-2002, 09:58 PM
ravi

okay, I got more questions. I wanna put a tranny cooler in my car and I wanna install it by myself. How would I do it. What other parts other than cooler will I need. Can somebody how me with pictures too, it will be great help.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:59 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
If I had a digital camera , could have taken pictures of a newbie
trying to install his coolers last year (me)
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 02-06-2002, 09:04 PM
ravi

I can't believe you didn't take picture of those
Old 02-06-2002, 09:33 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
Really wanted to, but I did it during the summer, and I usually use my roomates digicam (during the school year).

If I ever get back under my car I'll take pics
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 02-07-2002, 09:56 PM
ravi

I met John (svxcess) yesterday, and he told me how parallel coolers and how the series coolers work. I would go to parallel one.