SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-25-2003, 07:16 PM
6evil9

TCU weird problem

Hi

recently i experienced really weird problem:
I was driving on motorway with cruise control at 60 mph for about 40 mins and then my speedo went crazy like up to 180 and then down to 0, and it looked like my transmition got burnt completely. I stopped turned the engine off, turned it on and tried to put on "D" but it started to sound really really bad same with 3,2,1 and R. ok i waited for a while thinking what to do, then disconnected the battery for 10 mins, then connected , turned engine on, put on "man" put on drive and it was sweet as...
ok drove 300 meters to a petrol station, waited there for a while, then was testing the car and it was sweet as...even on drive without "man".
and its sweet since then. But i already had such a problem before 5 months ago....but it was not that bad as now.
So anyone got any clue what happened? And in addition when i drove that 300m i had check engine and 4ws lights coming on. check engine showed code 32 - oxygen sensor, the problem i had before, and 4ws showed weird code 2 which does not exist :s
checked TCU and it did not show any codes at all.

In addition today i started to get bad shifts form 2nd to 3rd gear. like if i accelerate slowly (revs around 2000rpms) then before to switch on 3rd , revs jump to 3000rpms and then it shifts. weird
if accelerate 2300rpms upwards everything is sweet as...

so any ideas bout these all?? pls
Old 10-26-2003, 04:30 PM

Registered SVX
Hi again Sergi,

Quote : - I was driving on motorway with cruise control at 60 mph for about 40 mins and then my speedo went crazy like up to 180 and then down to 0, and it looked like my transmition got burnt completely.

The gear within the transmission driving the speed sensor may have damaged teeth causing it to have slipped. There are others here who have sorted this out and I hope they *will come to the party.

* P.S. Sorry I used a saying you may not understand. I trust that others with experience of this problem will come into the thread and assist you.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 10-26-2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:47 AM
6evil9

Anyone?????????????????/ HELLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

just wanna fix it and live happily eva afta!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
Old 10-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by 6evil9
just wanna fix it and live happily eva afta!!
We are talking about an SVX here right? I guess we can all dream.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:50 AM
6evil9

hello?

geez its almost thousand of us here, dont tell me noone had this problem!!