How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2016, 01:44 PM

Power door locks

I had a dig about in the wiring today to try and diagnose some issues.
Car is UK 92.

Now my question is this; How should my central locking work?? By this i'm guessing that it only worked on the key in the door lock to unlock both doors but is there a control module and relays somewhere (Door timer module?) as I have only found wiring diagrams with a security module.

My problem is I think I have a duff timer module and a p/o has taken out the door lock barrels and wired in a central locking kit including 2 relays to work off a fob. It also has an aftermarket door solenoid.

Now i'm hoping to get the drivers door lock back to factory and restore all looms to factory prior to fitting a proper alarm.

Unfortunately, additionally I have a problem with the timer module as I have no power to the interior lights and stereo. And today I noticed the clock not working and the fuse under the bonnet immediately popped when I replaced it.

I think i'm going to have a mare getting this all working as none of my wrenches or hammers are of any use.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Power door locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovetherim View Post
I had a dig about in the wiring today to try and diagnose some issues.
Car is UK 92.

Now my question is this; How should my central locking work?? By this i'm guessing that it only worked on the key in the door lock to unlock both doors but is there a control module and relays somewhere (Door timer module?) as I have only found wiring diagrams with a security module.

My problem is I think I have a duff timer module and a p/o has taken out the door lock barrels and wired in a central locking kit including 2 relays to work off a fob. It also has an aftermarket door solenoid.

Now i'm hoping to get the drivers door lock back to factory and restore all looms to factory prior to fitting a proper alarm.

Unfortunately, additionally I have a problem with the timer module as I have no power to the interior lights and stereo. And today I noticed the clock not working and the fuse under the bonnet immediately popped when I replaced it.

I think i'm going to have a mare getting this all working as none of my wrenches or hammers are of any use.
If there is a difference in usdm and the rest of the world as far as door locks I am not aware of it, The door locks go through the security module, which on the 92-93 years was in the dash, though on a right hand drive I am unsure where it would be. I am sure of this though the 92 does not have a center locking switch you push down, or pull up the driver door lock and the passenger door mimics that action.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:30 AM

Re: Power door locks

Having read a few more locking threads I have come to the conclusion that the uk market didn't have a security module and the door timer control module houses the relays to work the door motors with a signal from the drivers door lock.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to source replacement handles, barrels and drivers lock mech and motor. Along with a replacement timer module I may be able to return to the stock system ready for adding an alarm system with keyless entry to trigger the locks without the key.

Don't get me wrong the locks work right now off the one fob I have, but if the battery were to go flat I would have to climb in through the trunk to open the doors or even pop the hood.