Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What to do with this car?
Take parts off as needed until I have the means to fix it up. 9 25.71%
Completely part-out and take the frame in for scrap. 7 20.00%
Track car. 7 20.00%
Try to clean up and get roadworthy asap. 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Possibly worst shape SVX ever???

I dare anyone to look at these pics and not

a few more...http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1776759

Last edited by 1986nate; 02-17-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:57 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Re: Possibly worst shape SVX ever???

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Not the first thing I wanted to see first thing in the morning What are you going to do with her?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 02-17-2009, 03:19 AM

Registered SVX

If I had the means and the money I would at least try to fix it up and take great pride in bringing an SVX back to life but i have no money whatsoever.

These are the problems:

The driver door is rusted through, normal rust starting behind the right rear fender, inside of left rear fender is starting to rust, cracked windshield, I don't believe the back seat is salvageable as a rusted CD player was stuck to it, door panels and leather seats(no rips or tears) are filthy but is possible they could come clean, the wiring is all messed up-hence it being used as a parts car by previous owner, engine and transmission are in unknown condition.

The decent:

It does have an almost perfect condition headliner, carpet will probably come clean with a thorough cleaning(or 5), All metal is straight, both bumpers and all but one plastic molding piece is useable, all other glass appears to be in good condition(just normal streaks on moving windows) and I have just about every part just everything is almost completely disassembled.

I am still thinking I might like to hold on to it for awhile in case I ever do get the money to fix it up since it does have a clean title and is fairly low mileage (101k). The biggest problem besides money is a place to store it until that time and keeping it from rusting anymore(especially the inside of the trunk)
Old 02-17-2009, 03:31 AM

Registered SVX

Maybe you could turn it into a track car or etc
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 02-17-2009, 04:34 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbieatnz View Post
Maybe you could turn it into a track car or etc
If only I went to the tracks anywhere

Maybe I could start a pole on what people think I should do with this car-If I had someone who could readily help with the wiring it would make it a much easier decision...

I must add that it is surprising that this car has good hood struts and perfect visors
Old 02-17-2009, 04:55 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Looks a bit rough. At least it doesnt appear to have ever been wrecked heavily.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
I dare anyone to look at these pics and not
what are those wheels??
Old 07-31-2009, 11:08 PM

They look like 16" cop-car style steelies. Definitely an interesting mad-max world-gone-awry look.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:03 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

This post is very sad. Sending a car to the crusher because the windshield has a crack. One day these cars will be hard to find.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 08-01-2009, 11:42 AM

There has to be some other alternative than crushing these cars.

Glass, metal panels, suspension components... even the most basic parts could be useful to someone someday, when trying to keep SVXs on the road.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:26 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
This post is very sad. Sending a car to the crusher because the windshield has a crack. One day these cars will be hard to find.
That was not the only issue. The wiring harnesses were cut up under the hood. Upon dissasembly of parts, there were parts that were replaced but then random bolts were used. It certainly would've been a deathtrap to actually plan on driving for anytime. Also the whole inside of the car smelled nasty from sitting in a barn for years. The people that had the car before me had already begun stripping parts off of it.

I am saving everything from the car other than the dr door which has fist sized holes, and I have no way of removing the quarter panels which also have rot starting.

And the wheels are 16" Nissan steelies.

Last edited by 1986nate; 08-04-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 PM

yo, that would have looked mint mint with over night parts from japan

1992 RHD WRX: EJ20G, 16G, Cusco Coilovers, Wilwood 4pot/2pot brakes, Defi Genome 60mm gauges, Exotic speed downpipe, 3.5" A'PEXi spec GT catback
Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

If it were me, I'd give it a bath, park & cover it. Make a list of what it needs and over the course of x-years replace what is needed. If you have the space, what do you have to lose. Here you cannot keep a vehicle on your property unless it has a valid registration, they will drag it right out of your yard. This area was littered with them 10 years ago, now I see 1 or 2 every 3 months. Even the junk yards have crushed all inventory. If it weren't for the internet used parts would be near impossible to get for a reasonable price. Not to mention the rust that will consume all the ones on the side of the road. If you do decide to part it, please strip it completely. Get out the sawzall and get all you can someone may even need a roof to repair hail damage. Sorry for the rant, I just get sick of seeing these cars drop like flies. Only to be replaced with throw away crap.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel