How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-23-2001, 07:19 PM
sk8ing19

JC Sports

As a JC Sports boy (only say that due to the large JS Sports Window Banners on my front and back of my SVX) I have heard some really good things about the N1 Pulleys. In fact I am headed down to JCS on Wensday to get myself some. Was in there last week and they said they should be sometime this week, hope they are. You can check out there website or call them direct at 720.898.0948
And by the way it must be replaced, you can not simply push it back. Good Luck.

Last edited by sk8ing19; 07-23-2001 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2001, 01:20 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Haha good luck. I can't say I like JC...along with most people here. Seeing they are local for me as well, I figured that I would check them out too. After waiting nearly 4 weeks, for what they said would take 3 days. Then having them lie about it to me until the last week when I got severly irate at them, they finally told me the truth. Needless to say I won't be buying from them again.

BTW....FINALLY ANOTHER COLORADO SVX PERSON INTERESTED IN THEIR CAR!!!!!!!

Shoot me an email, we need to get a meet going. I don't know about you, but I see at least 2 SVX's a week, and yet never have been able to talk to anyone with one.

My email is ryan@ryanmacdonald.com hope to hear from you.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 07-24-2001, 03:18 PM
sk8ing19

JC Sports

Ryan,

It is finally nice to see someone else here in the state into the SVX. I am would defiantly be interested in a meet. What part of the state do you live in? I myself am up north.

In regards to JCS they have had their problems, no arguments there. However things are changing with them, and people should be able to start getting their parts in a more timely fashion. Pick up the new copy of Sports Compact and check out the article on JCS on page 70. In it they talk a bit about there back order problems, which after reading I spoke with them about, and you should see a change coming soon. Plus JCS carries N1 products, and like you said they are local.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:26 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
Hopefully, that would be good. I must admit they were nice guys, I just get uptight I guess.

I'm in Highlands Ranch (if you know where C-470 and Quebec is). So pretty much the most south part of Denver as you can be. (It's only 10min to Castle Rock from my house!)

I can't seem to find the email of this one guy from Littleton. He was asking about trannies though...so chances are his isn't running still.

I'm trying to convince Aredub that we need a smack dab in the middle region (for guys like us) but he doesn't seem to think its necessary. HINT HINT!

How do you like your intake? Notice any difference? I'm debating it versus a drop in K&N. I have the same sort of setup on my Sunfire. However I was not happy with how much hot engine air it sucks in. I still think it helps, but a cold air setup would be much better.

Anyways, talk to you later.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 07-25-2001, 01:06 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100
I'm trying to convince Aredub that we need a smack dab in the middle region (for guys like us) but he doesn't seem to think its necessary. HINT HINT!
You're hinting up the wrong tree. It is not within my power to add or subtract forums. Only threads. Appeal to the great sith. "We're off to see the sithard, the wonderful sithard of oth." ("If I only had a brain")
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-26-2001, 05:17 PM
sk8ing19

Ryan,

On the intake hold off. It sounds great but I didn't see any increase in power due to the fact that I was sucking in so much hot air. I also think it jacked up my Mass Air Flow Sen with how much heat it was pulling in. so right now I am back to my Cold air box with K&N filter. I am working on a type of cold air box that would go from the back of the headlight and rap around to the wiper fluid res. I think that would help keep from sucking in all the heat. I may just end up running an intake in to the fender. Only problem with that is would have to get into the fender just to clean the filter. Will have to see.

In regards to a meet. I am always down your way, was dating a girl from down that way for a bit. Now I am down there once a week to hang out with her. And about the hint you dropped I would like to second that.