Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 AM

Complete set of brake rotors

For sale my old rotors (been on car for 8 years) - complete with brake lines.
Rotors will be machined before selling - just to make sure that no issues for new owner.

Thought I would give someone here first dibbs on this set-up, before going through www.trademe.co.nz

$250 all up.

Got my new R1 Concept setup + Polish bushes + EBC Redstuff pads finally on the car.

Steve in Auckland

Last edited by SURTEESS; 10-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 AM

Re: Complete set of brake rotors

Shane - if you are coming up to Auckland next month I could bring the rotors with me - if you are interested in purchasing them ? - give me a weeks warning in order that I can get them machined for you.

Still playing with your PC & diagnostic tool, it sometimes works, but suspect that there is an issue either with cable or the PC port connection.

Steve
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.

Last edited by SURTEESS; 10-28-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:40 PM

I'm keen. Do you know if they will fit my car ?
For some reason I thought there were subtle differences between the earlier cars and later cars.
Yes, planning to be at Takapuna last Sunday of November.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:44 PM

Checked with Subaru here in Auckland, the only differences were rears on the 4WS versions - I think you have one of those in your SVX collection?.

so it will all fit on the other SVX's that you have.

Will get them all boxed up for you to pickup at the show.
1995 LSI, Added the following - Gear Firm-Up unit (that I sell) together with Power TCU ROM & Power switch, K&N air filter, SVX side badges (USA type), Rear Deck Blower (JDM type), Side front markers (USA type), Side rear markers (USA type), Middle rear light (USA type), USA OEM Fog Lights fitted into NZ OEM glass (NZ OEM headlights had only reflectors fitted) Full set of yellow (90SH) Polish bushes includes 15 min mod, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted/gold finish rotors & Red covered braided brake lines (both from Dayle at Motorsport warehouse), EBC Redstuff brake pads. Full SVX bra (only used for shows). Koni adjustable inserts fitted inside OEM strut body, Zoom lowering springs (2" lower), OEM headlight washers fitted.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 PM

I should of course ask if they have plenty of life in them. No point buying them and have the mechanic tell me they have 6 months left. I don't really have any use for the rears as I'm selling my other two drivable cars.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 AM

Shane,
there is plenty of life left in all four - in the 15 years that they have been on the car the fronts have only been machined once (down about 0.3mm from what I remember) rear have never been touched - at the same time the brakes pads were replaced, I will even throw-in the old pads (they are approx 25% worn + shims etc) - that way it will save you some money in the long run, the pads are ceramic & are better than OEM ones for stopping & also less dust.

Plus the brake lines & fitting bolts etc.

Let me know that you are happy with this arrangement & I will get then boxed for you.

Last edited by SURTEESS; 10-30-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:17 PM

sounds fine to me.
Box 'em up.
See you late Nov.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:45 PM

thanks - EOM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: