Old 09-23-2011, 05:57 PM

Registered SVX
97 ebony on ebay

Price seems kinda high for a salvaged /rebuilt titled car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...hicle-glossary
Old 09-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Registered SVX
Re: 97 ebony on ebay

The dent doc can remove the dents. The car is clean!!! I don't know how CONN . would treat that title but $3,500 would be more in line for that car.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

It looks really, really clean. The price is definitely high, but certainly looks like a nice one.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

Is this right????

I don't remember the pass side airbag cover sitting up like that. Or did the "tap" on the front end pop the airbags. The alignment looks pretty off in this pic as well...
Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Oh yeah, good point. I was looking more at the underside photos.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

All I could focus on was the interior, 97 grill, and lack of rust... It'd be worth re-aligning the hood and adjusting the bumper.

It's price is decent for a car that is easily worth twice as much as a northern car in the same condition. You northern guys don't appreciate the lack of rust as you can't avoid it. There's lots of electrical issues you wouldn't have if it weren't for your corrosive environment....
:sigh:
My baby was from Michigan and was in great shape except for all the little areas rust was finding its way into. I love her but man, if only I had purchased a southern svx... Ah well, 10 years later and I've gotten rid of a lot of it.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 09-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Registered SVX

Marisa, you need another svx, this would be perfect for you.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
The dent doc can remove the dents. The car is clean!!! I don't know how CONN . would treat that title but $3,500 would be more in line for that car.
Conn and salvage titles is a major pain, not worth the hassle.

From CTdmv:
If you rebuild the salvaged vehicle (parts only; salvages cannot be rebuilt), you must re-title the vehicle.
The vehicle cannot, however, be re-titled until it passes a Salvage Inspection.

Salvage Inspection Locations:
Salvaged vehicles will be inspected in the following two offices only:
1) Enfield: Tuesday through Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
2) Wethersfield: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(Salvage/composite vehicles must be presented for inspection one hour prior to closing).
The DMV will charge an inspection fee of $88 for a regular salvage inspection. This form must be purchased prior to the time of inspection from any DMV Branch office.

In addition to the salvage inspection at DMV, the vehicle will also require a new emissions test performed at an official emissions testing station . Some vehicles may be exempt from emissions testing, please refer to the listing of exempt vehicles.

A private individual cannot drive or tow the salvaged vehicle to the DMV office. Vehicles may only be brought in on a flat-bed trailer or car carrier (i.e., no wheel of the vehicle may touch the ground). The vehicle can be driven/towed by a bona fide Dealer/Repairer employee with Dealer/Repair Plates only when the dealer is the owner of the vehicle. But if it fails inspection it must be transported away on a flatbed trailer.

Once the vehicle passes the salvage inspection, you can re-register the vehicle with the old plates or obtain new plates. You will be issued a new title (without the "Salvage" stamp on it) with the words "Rebuilt" printed on it. Once the salvage inspection is performed, the inspection slip does not expire.

The owner of a vehicle that has been declared "Salvage" cannot transfer ownership on an Application for Duplicate Title (form H6B). The owner must first obtain a duplicate title from the Title Section which will bear the legend "Salvage". The owner may then assign the reverse side of the duplicate title to the purchaser.

If the title is branded "Salvage Parts Only" or "Salvage Unrebuildable" or "Salvage Unrepairable", the vehicle cannot be registered or re-titled under any circumstances.

Required Documents:

Salvaged vehicles must have a Salvaged Vehicle Repair Report (form K-186) completed and presented at the time of vehicle inspection. When a vehicle that has had any major component part replaced in accord with industry standards is presented for inspection by a licensed dealer or repairer, the following procedure is to be followed.

Clear photographs of the repaired/replaced areas of the vehicle are to be presented when inspected. The photographs must clearly:
1. Show the entire vehicle by four photos, one from each vehicle corner i.e. left front, right front, left rear, right rear.
2. Show the damaged area(s) prior to repairs.
3. Show the repaired areas with the new parts/panels installed prior to any seam sealing, painting, or rust proofing.
4. Show how the new parts were attached (welding).
5. Show the area prior to painting and corrosion proofing (if the area is no longer visible).
These photographs must be attached to a DMV Salvage Vehicle Repair Report (form K-186). This form must be completed and signed by the licensee. All Departmental requirements for invoices/titles/receipts of parts/panels shall apply. The certification for repair of salvage vehicles will be the signed and submitted with the completed Salvage Vehicle Repair Report (form K-186). If the vehicle is equipped with an air bag, a separate Air Bag Certification Statement (form B-303) will be required for air bag repair or replacement. In a situation where a licensee’s vehicle has a questionable repair, the undercoating, sealer or parts may have to be removed at the request of the Inspector.

AIR BAG CERTIFICATION STATEMENT (form B-303) - If the vehicle is equipped with an airbag, a separate Air Bag Certification Statement (form B-303) will be required in all cases, completed by a franchise dealer/repairer or a certified air bag technician with proof of certification. This is required for all salvage inspections regardless if the airbag was deployed or not.

INSURANCE ADJUSTER'S REPORT - A copy of the Insurance Adjuster's Report must be presented at the time of inspection.

RECEIPTS FOR MAJOR COMPONENT PARTS - Receipts are required for any major component parts that are replaced.
Major component parts as defined in Connecticut State Law:
Title 14 Sec. 14-149(a)(2) means one of the following parts of a motor vehicle: (A) The engine, (B) the transmission, (C) the right or left front fender, (D) the hood, (E) a door allowing entrance to or egress from the passenger compartment of the vehicle, (F) the front or rear bumper, (G) the right or left rear quarter panel, (H) the deck lid, tailgate or hatchback, (I) the trunk floor pan, (J) the cargo box of a pickup, (K) the frame, or if the vehicle has a unitized body, the supporting structure or structures which serve as the frame, (L) the cab of a truck, (M) the body of a passenger vehicle, or (N) any other part of a motor vehicle which the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles determines is comparable in design or function to any of the parts listed in subparagraphs (A) to (M), inclusive, of this subdivision.
The receipts (or legible photo copies of the receipts) shall clearly indicate the name and address of the source of the component parts and the vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle from which the respective component parts were removed.
Remember that the major component parts requiring receipts are defined in Connecticut State Law Title 14 Sec. 14-149(a)(2), as the cowl and hinge pillar, the firewall, the engine, the transmission, the roof panel, the left or right axle assembly, the engine support frame or K-frame, the left or right front wheel suspension assembly, the left or right rear wheel suspension assembly, the left or right side body section or door post or rocker assembly, and the floor pan.

A copy of the original insurance appraisal causing the vehicle title to be stamped SALVAGE must be presented at time of inspection.

Please see Salvage Inspection Information Sheet (form B-256) for additional information.
I attached the B-256 "salvage title information" pack. It is 12 pages of forms...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf b-256.pdf (1.65 MB, 226 views)
Old 09-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

That is a wall of words.

I don't need another SVX... not yet... I'm still trying to replace my little blue STI. :/

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 AM

Wow... a real Georgia SVX. Never see 'em in the wild.

I'd definitely want the lowdown on that airbag, and to know if the headlight/fender/bumper misfit is a symptom of misaligned supporting structure, or just hasty, get-it-painted-and-sold craftsmanship. But I agree with cozykat: Better this car than one with half the miles that's been slogging through road salt.

dcb
Old 09-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Registered SVX

Wow you Southern boys make it sound like we drive in SALT 24.7. I took mine out 2 times and the roads were almost bare.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Wow you Southern boys make it sound like we drive in SALT 24.7. I took mine out 2 times and the roads were almost bare.
I lived in New England for three years and saw what salt did to my cars. I remember a guy with some collectible something-or-another joking that he licked the asphalt to test for salt before taking his prized ride out in the spring.

dcb
Old 09-26-2011, 07:41 PM

Registered SVX

Thats what winter beaters are for.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
R

Slightly better condition than mine

and holy **** is that a coin holder with a door on it?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX
Re: R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post

and holy **** is that a coin holder with a door on it?
It's the OBDC II Port, 96-97 years.