i would gladly get her an Impreza but she doesnt have any money

1992 dark teal SVX LS
Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Fiat 500 anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
AHHH-Soul !

the least ugly of the the three ugliest cars to come from the Far East in recent memory, but that's not saying much.

the other two are the Nissan Puke and the Toon-town Nissan Pube.

hard to believe these last two were brought to you by the same company that gave us the Z-car and the Skyline

I'd guess that the 3 models combined outsold Subaru which all 3 look more original and like they came from a designer then anything Subaru sells. Not my cup of either but I'd suspect if you park your SVX beside the 3 and asked 100 random people which one was the ugliest, your car would win the pig award by a shockingly large margin.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post

That being said, I think the 500 is a quirky and fun little car.
I think your love affair would come crashing back down to reality as quickly as it did with another small "Axis Power" quirky and fun little car.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I'd guess that the 3 models combined outsold Subaru which all 3 look more original and like they came from a designer then anything Subaru sells. Not my cup of either but I'd suspect if you park your SVX beside the 3 and asked 100 random people which one was the ugliest, your car would win the pig award by a shockingly large margin.
I have to strongly disagree sir. Almost daily people ask me about Svix. In fact, a man working at the gas station asked me what year, 97', and said WOW! It still looks so modern and fresh! Like it was made in 2000's! (at this same gas station fill, a man was driving a rental Fiat 500 at the pump next to me. I of course could not resist asking some questions about it. He said it was peppy, got good MPG, yet was terribly small inside and short) So SVX winning ugliest car? Not unless the other cars were a Lambo, Aston Martin, Gumpert, etc.

And about the Kia Soul: I'd rather drive the Soul than the Nissan Cube. LoL.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMattrimxX View Post
I have to strongly disagree sir. Almost daily people ask me about Svix. In fact, a man working at the gas station asked me what year, 97', and said WOW! It still looks so modern and fresh! Like it was made in 2000's! (at this same gas station fill, a man was driving a rental Fiat 500 at the pump next to me. I of course could not resist asking some questions about it. He said it was peppy, got good MPG, yet was terribly small inside and short) So SVX winning ugliest car? Not unless the other cars were a Lambo, Aston Martin, Gumpert, etc.

Then why isn't that man picking up a used SVX for the going rate of 2x the price of scrap?

Realiy hurts, and sadly this site still needs a reality check.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
work in progress

Send a message via AIM to LastSVXintheChi
Registered SVX

Quote:
i agree with that

1992 dark teal SVX LS
Old 10-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Thumbs up Re: Fiat 500 anyone?

Wait... what? Benebob, You didn't read what i posted very clearly. The Fiat guy in a RENTAL fiat. I merely asked him how he felt about it.
And "why isn't he picking up an SVX cheap? question" - Very simply explained, there are not that many, and rarity means exclusivity(who buys something they have never heard of/seen?), most people are not car enthusiast like we are on the forums, and you can't assume everyone is an intelligent buyer.
So I say, you sir, need the check on reality. And I honestly don't understand why you attack the forum for one man's opinion. You are entitled to yours, however strongly I disagree with it.
Deep breath and exhale. Its all good.
Edit:
I would never have bought an SVX if I had never known they existed.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Wait... what? Benebob, You didn't read what i posted very clearly. The Fiat guy in a RENTAL fiat. I merely asked him how he felt about it.
And "why isn't he picking up an SVX cheap? question" - Very simply explained, there are not that many, and rarity means exclusivity(who buys something they have never heard of/seen?), most people are not car enthusiast like we are on the forums, and you can't assume everyone is an intelligent buyer.
So I say, you sir, need the check on reality. And I honestly don't understand why you attack the forum for one man's opinion. You are entitled to yours, however strongly I disagree with it.
Deep breath and exhale. Its all good.
Edit:
I would never have bought an SVX if I had never known they existed.
I read it perfectly fine.

There are more out there then people want them hence the price being lower than that of a quality Yugo if your rental guy or attendent wanted one they could easily buy one. "The reality is your right not many people know what it is and the reality is most everyone knows what a Kia Soul is and your right you can't assume everyone is an intelligent buyer but your wrong in that if you poll 100 random people at the mall which one they like more the SVX would loose to a Soul, a Juke and a Cube. If you don't believe it then I do have this really nice boat I'll sell ya. Its actually a submarine and you can pick it up in the North Atlantic. Its called the Titanic.

Attack the forum? that is where you are wrong. The forum attacks it self with the lack of leadership, lack of comprehension of what it takes to keep a model alive. Hidding in a mall parking lot in Morgantown PA will not get it done but yet that is all that many here want to do. You hit the nail on the head NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS. The morons here who advocate hiding in mall parking lots haven't figured that out yet after 12 years.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:

There are more out there then people want them hence the price being lower than that of a quality Yugo if your rental guy or attendent wanted one they could easily buy one. "The reality is your right not many people know what it is and the reality is most everyone knows what a Kia Soul is and your right you can't assume everyone is an intelligent buyer but your wrong in that if you poll 100 random people at the mall which one they like more the SVX would loose to a Soul, a Juke and a Cube. If you don't believe it then I do have this really nice boat I'll sell ya. Its actually a submarine and you can pick it up in the North Atlantic. Its called the Titanic.

Attack the forum? that is where you are wrong. The forum attacks it self with the lack of leadership, lack of comprehension of what it takes to keep a model alive. Hidding in a mall parking lot in Morgantown PA will not get it done but yet that is all that many here want to do. You hit the nail on the head NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS. The morons here who advocate hiding in mall parking lots haven't figured that out yet after 12 years.
First off: Than not then, Lose does not = Loose An SVX (or any car for that matter) cannot LOOSE to another. So before you whine about a privately owned forum about a specific car, WHICH IS THE SUBARU SVX (encase you had forgotten) and its lack of leadership, you should be more concerned with your previous education in grammar and spelling. lol
I don't understand why you are on a forum about specific car that you can't stand. Troll much? And not to attack you personally, but you wanna talk about ugly cars, lets talk. Jaguar = some of the ugliest cars on planet earth(especially the new "quality" ones). Granted the older coups are pretty sweet. But in a looks contest, any Jag of 2000's LOSES in looks to the SVX. Hell I'd rather drive a Baja, cube, or Soul than your bubbly Jag with its over priced "quality" and even larger repair bills and part costs.
So, Troll of this Forum, take your ugly Jag and point your nose in the air where someone will comfort you more appropriately.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Ben got rid of a car that was not fully supported by the manufacturer and no one eventually had an interest in, except a few...

Only to buy another one with the same apathy and shortcomings. Sounds vaguely like the problems plaguing the SVX.

"By the end of the 1970s, inflation and exchange rates were pushing TVRs further upmarket. Oliver Winterbottom, a former Lotus engineer, was brought in to work on what became the Tasmin, a wedge-shaped two-seat coupe and convertible.

The development of the Tasmin, which later became the 280i, dragged on, and by the time TVR introduced the car, the wedge styling fad was just about over and inflation had pushed the 280i into competition with cars that it could not match in either quality or performance. Consequently, the wedge cars, as the 280i series became known, were hard to sell at anywhere near their sticker price of about $25,000."

Sound familiar? At least we had the quality safety and performance.

You can read the entire NY Times article here. Especially the latter part of page 2.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...3&pagewanted=1

And then the company was recently under the control by two Florida men who have never owned a car company before. A car importer and a hotel consultant... Can't wait.

just put yourself out of your misery and return to the fold. All is forgiven.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 10-14-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Sadly the Fiat 500 is a cut down marketing gimic based on the much better Fiat Punto.

We don't get its larger and much nicer version though.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:

I still haven't figured out why Benebob trolls here. He does not have a SVX anymore, but continues to tell us of our shortcomings. It does not concern him anymore, so he should move on. We are happy with our unknown cars and don't need anyone to attach us about what we should or should not do. If we want to enjoy ourselves hiding in a parking lot in Morgantown, so be it. We have this site to exchange good ideas, help each other with some maintenance, and get together to enjoy our friendships made here. We don't really need someone to keep attaching the site or our members. He said that the site attaches itself. Well, when he is not here throwing daggers, the site seems to be just fine. It is only when Benebob shows up that our members become unhappy with his visits and then report the posts of where he has been last.

Benebob, consider this another warning, and your attitude needs to change now. If not, a time out will be due. Thank you for your cooperation.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19

Last edited by ensteele; 10-17-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post

I still haven't figured out why Benebob trolls here. He does not have a SVX anymore, but continues to tell us of our shortcomings. It does not concern him anymore, so he should move on. We are happy with our unknown cars and don't need anyone to attach us about what we should or should not do. If we want to enjoy ourselves hiding in a parking lot in Morgantown, so be it. We have this site to exchange good ideas, help each other with some maintenance, and get together to enjoy our friendships made here. We don't really need someone to keep attaching the site or our members. He said that the site attaches itself. Well, when he is not here throwing daggers, the site seems to be just fine. It is only when Benebob shows up that our members become unhappy with his visits and then report the posts of where he has been last.

Benebob, consider this another warning, and your attitude needs to change now. If not, a time out will be due. Thank you for your cooperation.
I'm here because I love the car. If I didn't care I wouldn't bring up the numerous shortcomings of the site and the additudes which are doing nothing but killing the car. The daggers need to be thrown or else the car disappears into the garages of the likes of horders like yourself. Its a shame and sad reality.

As SVXcess states, I moved onto a car with many of the same shortcomings but the one area where there is not any shortcomings is the club support for the car. If this place would have gotten its act together I'd still have mine as would I'd suspect quite a few other people would.

And of course you're wrong yet again Earl, my additude doesn't need to change, it is this site's additude that needs to change if you car about the few cars that are left.

Thank you for your continued apathy Earl. It gives me faith that things can't get any worse. Make that donation that you promised you would yet? If not feel free to return my property to me.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Ben got rid of a car that was not fully supported by the manufacturer and no one eventually had an interest in, except a few...

Only to buy another one with the same apathy and shortcomings. Sounds vaguely like the problems plaguing the SVX.

"By the end of the 1970s, inflation and exchange rates were pushing TVRs further upmarket. Oliver Winterbottom, a former Lotus engineer, was brought in to work on what became the Tasmin, a wedge-shaped two-seat coupe and convertible.

The development of the Tasmin, which later became the 280i, dragged on, and by the time TVR introduced the car, the wedge styling fad was just about over and inflation had pushed the 280i into competition with cars that it could not match in either quality or performance. Consequently, the wedge cars, as the 280i series became known, were hard to sell at anywhere near their sticker price of about $25,000."

Sound familiar? At least we had the quality safety and performance.

You can read the entire NY Times article here. Especially the latter part of page 2.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...3&pagewanted=1

And then the company was recently owned by two Florida men who have never owned a car company before. A car importer and a hotel consultant... Can't wait.

just put yourself out of your misery and return to the fold. All is forgiven.

Again, John you didn't do your research you just cut and pasted a poorly written, poorly researched article. TVR was never owned by anyone from the US. Not even for a day. Wheeler sold the car to Smolski and that who still holds title to the name. Even still, that's far better than being the bit@$ of GM anyday.

As for quality. My original tranny still works 28 years later how many SVXs will have a tranny by then?

As for saftey. I'll put the TVR against any Subaru product from 85 in terms of safety.

As for performance, my TVR is faster to 60 then my SVX was. Sure the SVX had a higher top end then a paltry capri engined entry level TVR. It doesn't even come close to holding water against the later wedges in terms of performance.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

I wonder what increased exposure of the SVX would really do?

The car has been around a long time and there are people of driving age that were not even born when the SVX was introduced.

We can increase the awareness to a certain extent and generate some enthusiasm, but to what end?

For the most part, most of the good, well-maintained cars are already snapped up. If you tell people how wonderful the car is, and that they can be bought for next to nothing.

But you also have to say:
  • They are problematic and deficient in many areas...

• Subaru no longer supports this car by making more replacement parts; make do with what is left... No windshields or other vital parts.

• The aftermarket community doesn't support the car as it is a low-volume vehicle, and therefore not as profitable...

• Subaru stopped training techs on the car 14 years ago... and there are many shops unwilling to tackle a complicated service. Parts and service are expensive.

and the list goes on...

Now watch that enthusiasm wane.

In my opinion, for those new to this car, the window of opportunity to enjoy it whenever, with parts and service readily available and at an affordable price, has sadly been closed.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: