Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 06-04-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
modified SVX renderings (body kits)

So I thought I'd share my photoshoped widebody SVX idea that I'm thinking of doing once I get everything else done on the SVX, but I thought we should do a new thread of modified SVX ideas. So post away!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg widebody_hybrid2.jpg (50.2 KB, 585 views)
Old 06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX
Re: modified SVX renderings (body kits)

Not to nit-pick, but its been months since you began soliciting CAIs and you already have at least one member's money with no intakes to show for it. Get those CAIs finished and on the market before you make any more posts about new products, PLEASE!

Last edited by SoobCrazy; 06-05-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

If you read the thread, there have been many issues with benders if I had a mandrel bender I would have had them done right away, I've been at the mercy of others. I had my portion of the designing and fabbing done in a few weeks.

I have apologized numerous times for other peoples issues, I realize that it's not an ideal situation, however not many people out there are willing to do anything for the SVX. If you talk with Tomssvx the flakeyness or people actually following through is usually on the consumers side. A lot of us put in a lot of time and effort into bringing quality products to the SVX community.

This thread is not to advertize a product but merely for people to post their ideas on updating the look of the SVX.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 AM

The rear flare on the SVX is too low to look right as it is now. A much wider flare will look even worse. I'd suggest raising the top of the rear flare to match the distance the front flare has from the hood line. IE if the front flare starts 3" below the hood line, the rear flare starts 3" down from either the front window line or the top of the trunk lid depending on what matches good.

Plus a "step" on your flare for the tail lights allways looks cool. The factory flare is so low for areodynamics, but clearly your giving up low drag for more tire and track width already...
Old 06-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

At this point, we are so limited when it comes to an after market front bumper, I'm starting to think the k-staff and FLATT racing front bumpers look good..

For the love of god.... Someone PLEASE make a decent looking front bumper that won't cost as much as another SVX!!!!!!!
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX

Here's an idea, though you could take it out wider. I came up with this as a what-if for a '98 SVX

It would still work on an actual SVX tho.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Crazyhorse, I like the bottom rear bumper and the front but with smaller fogs. Nice job.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:16 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Crazyhorse, I like the bottom rear bumper and the front but with smaller fogs. Nice job.
if anyone makes that bumper they could use the universal angel eye fogs i posted a few weeks ago
Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
At this point, we are so limited when it comes to an after market front bumper, I'm starting to think the k-staff and FLATT racing front bumpers look good..

For the love of god.... Someone PLEASE make a decent looking front bumper that won't cost as much as another SVX!!!!!!!
The rendering I did is a mix between gc8 and k staff bumper. I've always liked the k staff I just don't like that its just a spoiler not an actual bumper cover.

Xt6:
I see what you were talking about with the rear. Honestly the body lines probably need to be tested to see what they will do with the aero. I deffinately like the low drag coefficient of the svx. In order for the low wide look as well as the wide stance geometrically we may be increasing the drag slightly.

Last edited by Johnybeas; 06-06-2011 at 06:26 PM.