SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Cleaned up my bike!

So I applied some good 'ol elbow grease to the bike this evening and got it cleaned up pretty nicely.

A couple shots before the cleaning with the two bikes together:

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:15 PM

Re: Cleaned up my bike!

Two more shots:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Just in time to go play with the farlies and bad a@@ harlies who don't come out in the winter as they might get dirty or cold.

Ever get your issues solved? Spring is here and Roundtop is closing and I might have a ton of extra garage space (it'll leave me SVXless for Reading so I'll have to bring my lawn mower) soon so if you wanna bring it down give me a shout.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM

I've got it running well half choked. I want to blow some carb cleaner through the Vision and see if that doesn't fix it. I got the nighthawk running perfectly. No more sputtering out as soon as I hit the throttle, and I got the broken throttle cable replaced. Carbs on that are clean as a whistle, but I want to check the air filter on it. Also the throttle doesn't snap back into place, I'm not sure why, gonna take the handle grip off and see if there's a spring or something in there.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM

Throttle should be a two cable system. Crimping or even an issue with a spring at the carbs could be to blame. Might want to see about running some seafoam through it with a tank of gas. Ask on th Vison boards. Buy a blasted seat and some side covers for that hawk! Oh and that rear tire has got to go!

Lookie at what I just added to my stable. F^&*(% ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 PM

I want to run some carb cleaner through and see if that doesn't help. Would seafoam be better? I have the side covers for the nighthawk, they just weren't on when I took the pictures. Nice scooters! Fix one up and give it to me! Does it come with the trailer? I have a bike trailer if you need to borrow one.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 PM

There's a million nighthawk seat covers, but I'm really bad at putting stuff like that on. I missed an auction for a perfect nighthawk seat, the whole thing, that ended bidding at $85. i was so pissed, i thought i had the bid locked in and forgot about it and it ended 3 hours later and someone outbid me. I'd have paid a hundred for it. I finally got my nighthawk seat off too. Stupid seat cable, completely shot, I need to replace it. Or just not worry about it, someone gonna steal my ripped up seat or soemthing?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 PM

A lot of people like seafoam 1/3 to 1/2 can run through but ask on a yamaha board first. Maybe they have something that seafoam eats. No need for a trailer when you move light bikes. They go up into the truck nicely.

Buy a cover and take it to an upolstry shop. $50 later you'll be in business. Better yet buy a corbin, you'll be a happy camper after an hour. I love my corbin even though I hate the look of it. www.auctionsniper works wonders for bidding when you're not around esp since the first couple are free.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
I want to run some carb cleaner through and see if that doesn't help. Would seafoam be better? I have the side covers for the nighthawk, they just weren't on when I took the pictures. Nice scooters! Fix one up and give it to me! Does it come with the trailer? I have a bike trailer if you need to borrow one.
I've made bad running subarus run like a champ with a bottle of Seafoam...I would imagine that the small carbs of a bike would be cake for that stuff.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM

I keep hearing tons of stuff about seafoam, but everything i own runs awesome minus the bike not running on open choke. Maybe i'll bring a can to reading and have someone guide me

Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM

Registered SVX

Seafoam is great stuff. I use it in my Honda Goldwing every first fill up.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Looking good! You really managed to clean up the Vision nicely!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Seafoam is great stuff. I use it in my Honda Goldwing every first fill up.
I've never used it as I don't put my bikes away. Those fair weather riders seem to swear by it but I prefer to keep my carbs clean the old fashion way. Ride each one at least once a week
Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 AM

Some of us just can't take the cold/wet though Hell, I start my truck every morning it's below 40F and let it warm up for 10-15min before getting in. I hate the cold, and can't shake it once I get a chill. So I'll continue to be one of those warm weather riders. The Vision is about done on the restoration, the Nighthawk has a long way to go... I'll pick up some seafoam or something though and run it through. I can have it idle at 4k rpm with the choke closed so it should run through the fuel pretty quickly if I leave it run like that for an hour or so.