Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-26-2008, 11:40 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

Send a message via AIM to apocalixto
RIP Jorge Lopez

I know only a few people that are even listen on this forum are from dallas, tx.
There has been some really bad news this week about a dallas car lover. One of the drifter guys, Jorge "george" lopez was shot three times in the head while driving during a killing spree by an ex-cop from michigan. he was one of my very good friends and a very talented drifter. I just thought i would come and and ask you all to keep George in your prayers and just remember that life is short and to enjoy what time you have on this earth.

RIP George....stay sidewayz bro.

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
4.44 AWD swap w/ Quick Change
Old 12-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: RIP Jorge Lopez

Sorry to hear you lost a good friend. Saw the news report but never thought it would hit so close to home (this forum).
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

I heard about this the day it happened

I'm upset to hear George is gone.

I hope the best for his family and the guys at triwerks.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

What the F*&%* is wrong with people?
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

Thanks for the kind words you all. I really didn't think that something like this would hit so close to home.

But, to let you all know, we had a memorial meet and cruise for him this past saturday and it was an amazing turn-out. 100+ cars (about 40 240s haha).
and george's purple 180sx was driven by his brother. we went out to the drift spot in dallas....and he drifted it in memory of his brother...it was amazing...

anyway, just keep him in your hearts and remember that you have to enjoy your life, you never know when it will leave you.

any other words you all want to share, please do.

MB Quart components and 6x9s, Autotek "Mean Machine" Amplifier, Pioneer D3 Touch Screen Nav/DVD/CD/iPod, 4 10" PowerBass 2XL Subs, Powerbass XA-3000D Monoblock Amp
Flowmaster exhaust, MP 6000K HID w/ clear lenses and '97 style grille, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ scoop (recently painted), 17" Sport Max rims (gunmetal w/ chrome lip), Ground Control Coilovers, Motorsport Crank Pulley, and Green Filter, ARP head studs, GroupN Engine mounts
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

oh and if any of you all would like a sticker to support him please let me know. we have tons.

it says JL in purple and in white it reads "stay sideways"

Just let me know!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalixto View Post
oh and if any of you all would like a sticker to support him please let me know. we have tons.

it says JL in purple and in white it reads "stay sideways"

Just let me know!
Send one down here and i'll proudly wear it on the ebony.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
Send one down here and i'll proudly wear it on the ebony.

Heck yeah, send me one too

Funny thing is the manager at the Wal Mart in Laramie, his name is Jorge Lopez too... (But I read this initially as GEORGE Lopez, the comedian, and I was like WTF is with all the comedians dying???)
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

i will definitely get those to you guys. just PM me your address

Old 12-30-2008, 10:22 AM
do da stanky leggggg!

Anybody that wants a sticker, please PM me your address and I will have one sent out to you.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Headed to Texas...

We were down in the DFW area over the holidays visiting family - saw that on the news. There was also a trucker from KY driving home for Christmas that was killed by the same shooter.
Both families are devastated, and for what?
What makes such actions make sense in the mind of the killer?
Very sad, especially in such a season...

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 01-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalixto View Post
Thanks for the kind words you all. I really didn't think that something like this would hit so close to home.

But, to let you all know, we had a memorial meet and cruise for him this past saturday and it was an amazing turn-out. 100+ cars (about 40 240s haha).
and george's purple 180sx was driven by his brother. we went out to the drift spot in dallas....and he drifted it in memory of his brother...it was amazing...

anyway, just keep him in your hearts and remember that you have to enjoy your life, you never know when it will leave you.

any other words you all want to share, please do.
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend man. My sympathies and prayers for the family and for Jorge.

Two years ago there was a drift special at the Jap car show. My son John went for a sideways spin in one, the guy spun the car till the tyres blew at the end. John loved it.

Reason I mention that, those chaps were some of the nicest and most down to earth fellows I ever met, and at the same time fearless and skillful.

I don't know what to say about the shooting. Maybe the police should take weapon licenses from people who are mentally unstable. It is a difficult question. My sympathies are with the families and friends of the two guys shot.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-01-2009, 05:48 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

i just want to let you all know that the drift team that jorge was on (drift mode) is going to mineral wells on january 25th and drifting in his honor. i will make sure that i take videos and such to post on here. be sure to check out some of jorge drifting on youtube. just type in "driftmode". you will see it! "triwerks drifting" will get some shots too.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCEj...e=channel_page

thats a good one.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
do da stanky leggggg!

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: