Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: TURBOs!?

Blah blah blah blah

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by TomsSVX; 10-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 PM

Blah blah blah

Last edited by TomsSVX; 10-21-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:47 AM

What a mass debate
93 Liquid Silver SVX - sti 6 speed with R180 diff, my05 sti steering wheel, sti alloy lateral links, 19x8.5 275/30 42mm offset front and 19x8.5 275/30 22mm offset on the rear, 6 pot brembo caliper with 355 rotors front, 2 pot brembos rear
95 bright red SVX
96 emerald pearl SVX about to revive
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM

:unamused:
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
What has been shown over the years, that the turbo has been tried on the EG33, is that its the exhaust pipes that cause it to die at 5000.

The early ones used or copied a kit that was around at that time. This kit had the two engine pipes joined together then going to the turbine. This caused interference between the cylinders so that a cylinders overlap would be pressured by the exhaust pressure from the previous cylinder.

The fix was to run the two engine pipes right up to the turbine before they joined. When this was done the engine ran up the range OK.

This is the problem with turbos on a six cylinder engine, and why twin turbos are the go on sixes.

Harvey.
Incorrect - now with proof. This is an acceleration plot as I posted in the other thread. No issues whatsoever revving to 6500 rpm and pulling all the way with the stock headers. The pulses have no issue as I already knew if the system is setup right. Later the RPM limit was lifted to 6800 rpm and again no issues.

As I mentioned to Tony and what the plot shows is it's still accelerating to the rev limiter and it's increasing in it's acceleration - which is stunning considering the effects of air resistance at 100 mph start really acting on the car etc.

The stock cams are absolute rubbish for anything but a stock setup and should be upgraded as a major priority. The order or priority should be duration and lift, then buckets, valves, springs and then maybe changing the centrelines etc.

Last edited by bazza; 11-03-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Incorrect - now with proof
What proof?

The camshafts were not the only change that you did to this engine, over the first.
You also changed the connector pipe that connects the two exhaust manifolds, to the turbine, from this, short type that the early kits use, Perrin used and you copied.

You changed the connector pipes to, two longer, separate pipes, to the turbine, that Phill, Phast SVX used, I recommended, and you built for this engine.

You don’t know what you have done that has caused any change.

I’ll continue on the Camshaft thread in time, about you poor choice of cams.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.

Last edited by oab_au; 11-04-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Found the pict.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
What proof?

The camshafts were not the only change that you did to this engine, over the first.
You also changed the connector pipe that connects the two exhaust manifolds, to the turbine, from this, short type that the early kits use, Perrin used and you copied.

You changed the connector pipes to, two longer, separate pipes, to the turbine, that Phill, Phast SVX used, I recommended, and you built for this engine.

You don’t know what you have done that has caused any change.

I’ll continue on the Camshaft thread in time, about you poor choice of cams.

Harvey.
Someone hates being wrong. Please explain why it's a poor cam choice? Oh, your ****ty 386 computer simulation says so. So I get power from 2000 rpm to 8000 rpm - yes TERRIBLE choice. So the turbo holds nice flat boost and the Vmax is about the same with half the boost and timing - again terrible choice.

Over the last few months I've noted that the people who've followed your advice over the years have NEVER produced one decent result to date. All your theory polluting these forums for 10 years and not one single decent result to show for it. How do you explain that? It's a disgrace really given people listen to you blindly.

Your ego and arrogance is expected of course but if you check the timestamps - my version 3 headers were built well before you got on your high horse. The fact that you think I did something on your advice is embarrassing.

Now I could prove this beyond a doubt but you'd still argue and claim to be the EG33 Guru which is funny given your terrible record to date.