How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-20-2001, 08:31 AM
museumquality

WINDOW Guts and glory

I NEED some kind of diagram, showing the inside of our windows, meaning the guts-parts. i am trying to fix a couple of broken plastic pieces inside and need to identify them.
does any cool friend here happen to have a diagram of this presentable through email. (a jpg of a page out of the factory manual?) PLEASE! subaru ordered the wrong parts,, TWICE now, so i'm hanging here. next step is to take my door off walk it into the parts dept. throw it on the counter and say RIGHT HERE!!

anyway, i would totally appreciate any support on this.

early sunday morning w/ coffee in hand,
Old 05-20-2001, 12:02 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Jimi,
I've got scans showing procedure for removing lower glass. What's your e-mail address. I don't know if these will show the parts you need. If not, let me know and I'll look elsewhere.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-20-2001, 12:14 PM
museumquality

Thumbs up thanks dubjay!

here's a photo of the part i need below,
thanks for your help,

-not sure what it does, or even where its located within the system. i found it layin around inside the door compartment after the snap.
- window motor still spins, i think this was what connected the cable to the slider.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-002f.jpg (57.6 KB, 165 views)
Old 05-20-2001, 12:35 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Jimi, that is a typical part that seems to give way in an SVX. If you do a search on the message archive at the top of the page, you'll find all kinds of advice and stuff on this part. Perhaps even a part number (can't remember). Most people who've had this part break have been told they'll have to buy an entire new regulator arm. SVXjazz is one who has replaced this part. You might try e-mailing him directly. There are others who have "manufactured" the part with aluminum. The scans I have don't show that part. I'll try to find it specifically. Meanwhile, do the search. I think it'll be loads of help.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-20-2001, 01:19 PM
museumquality

thanks again for your help

i will email him and see what he knows
thanks
Old 05-21-2001, 08:56 AM
Tired

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Jimi, that is a typical part that seems to give way in an SVX. If you do a search on the message archive at the top of the page, you'll find all kinds of advice and stuff on this part. Perhaps even a part number (can't remember). Most people who've had this part break have been told they'll have to buy an entire new regulator arm. SVXjazz is one who has replaced this part. You might try e-mailing him directly. There are others who have "manufactured" the part with aluminum. The scans I have don't show that part. I'll try to find it specifically. Meanwhile, do the search. I think it'll be loads of help.
Hi Jimi,
Yeah… Randy is right. Subaru can't order that part by itself. They have to order the whole cable system and window mount! If you look at your cable you will notice a small square notch. This notch fits inside the small white plastic piece that you had pictured above. The small white plastic piece then fits into a square hole in the window frame just below the window. The plastic piece is basically a connector from the drive cable to the window so it can go up and down. Just make sure that you don't mess with any of the pulleys. If the cable goes off track then you will most likely have to buy a new set-up.
The way I fixed mine was to line up the notch on the cable to the mounting hole (for the white plastic piece) on the window frame. I then found a small piece of scrap metal. It was about 1/8 thick and about 1 ˝ rectangle in shape. I then attached this piece onto the window frame, over the hole where the white plastic piece was located. I placed the piece of metal over the notch on the drive cable. The main goal was to attach the drive cable to the window frame so it would raise and lower the window.

I hope this helps.

Paul

1992 LSl (Black Mica)
1965 Mustang G.T. Fastback
1990 Mustang G.T. Convertible
1986 1/2 Nissan 4x4
2004 Vovlo XC70 (wife's)

Wonderful Wife
Wonderful Son
2 Cats

Incredibly blessed!
Old 05-21-2001, 10:00 AM
museumquality

Thumbs up thanks paul

after looking at the system last night, i see what you did.
i will reconstruct it myself this week. will post with jpgs when finished for others to reference to.
thanks again guys