Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Wheels / Tires

Old 04-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
looks good bud!!!

Glad you are happy!
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
someone was rocking those a while back. I wanna saw it was like, one of Bwana's old cars or mabey an old set of wheels afbeefcake had...I forget who..but I remember SOMEONE had them

And they looked just as good then as they do now
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
someone was rocking those a while back. I wanna saw it was like, one of Bwana's old cars or mabey an old set of wheels afbeefcake had...I forget who..but I remember SOMEONE had them

And they looked just as good then as they do now
Bwana-that's who I was thinking of! Thanks Eric.

Back to the tire size thing Craig. I currently have way too many wheel and tire sets for my SVX (ask my wife, she'll agree) and the sizes are not necessarily representative of the actual tread width. I recommended the RE070 and RE-01R as I have a set of both. The RE070 are 225/45-17 width and the RE-01R are 245/45-17 width. The tires are almost identically wide. Just something to think about when shopping BTW-Bridgestone is offering rebates again this year on tires. Last year, they offered SCCA members $100 rebates on the RE-01R at the same time tire rack had them on sale in the 245 width. Very nice
Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
Nice looking wheels. Scott (what was his username again) had a set on his red '96 and they really looked good. I don't believe that they are the lightest Enkei wheels however. The lightest would probably be the RPF1.

The RE92 are the stock WRX tires and are pretty universally despised by WRX owners. Many better choices from many makers-including better Bridgestones, especially considering you should never have to deal with snow again. You might want to look for some RE070's (stock '04-'07 STi tires-225/45-17 summer rated) on NASIOC. Many STi owners dump them cheap and "upgrade". I got a full set with less than 5k miles for $250. The Bridgestone RE-01R is a great tire too. Kumho, Dunlop, Yokohama, Toyo, Michelin, lotsa choices for you. Good luck with your selection!

Todd
RPF1s have come out in the past few years so maybe at the time these were the lightest.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
First off, thanks for all the great comments guys. I really appreciate it. And yes, I've sent several photo's off to Patrick for the coffee book, and I've also linked him to this thread in case he sees more that he wants but I didn't send. I must admit to being quite excited about the possibility of my SVX being published!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
Bwana-that's who I was thinking of! Thanks Eric.

Back to the tire size thing Craig. I currently have way too many wheel and tire sets for my SVX (ask my wife, she'll agree) and the sizes are not necessarily representative of the actual tread width. I recommended the RE070 and RE-01R as I have a set of both. The RE070 are 225/45-17 width and the RE-01R are 245/45-17 width. The tires are almost identically wide. Just something to think about when shopping BTW-Bridgestone is offering rebates again this year on tires. Last year, they offered SCCA members $100 rebates on the RE-01R at the same time tire rack had them on sale in the 245 width. Very nice
Intersting - while I'll take your word on it, I can't say I've ever actually seen that in practice - would those aforementioned sizes both fit on a 7.5in wide wheel? Because I thought for 245 width you should be running 8in wide wheels.

I am not an SCCA member, put perhaps I'll be able to pick up a set on the cheap from someone who is a member w/the discount. That would be nice, I could go for an RE-01R in 245...

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 05-06-2008, 03:56 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
"Accelerating Performance. Designed by Enkei's innovative European design team, the CP1 is part of the new performance trend that embraces clean Euro designs. The CP1 has a deep center drop that emphasizes the spoke length and sculptured lines. The wheel's glistening machined finish uses the latest CNC technology and high quality casting system. The CP1 is available for large luxury sedans.

ENKEI CP1"

Old 05-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Excellent info, Subix, thanks.

Are they still made, or is it no longer available?

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap