Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Bought new auto-mobile!

Well, i bagged the first i looked at, and second, and just now the third. Until I got to my 4th. The first 3 were totally trashed... Young Tom can attest to the third at last.

I go to the guy's house, and pull up to a $2m home, beautiful, nice yard, and there it is sitting in the driveway. Light blue, good suspension, very good condition.

I see some rust on the trailer hitch, but I knew they used it for light hauling, and it came from Massachusetts, so I wasn't surprised. It has the tow package with the 7prong electrical adapter, as well as the adapter for trailer brakes. So I did a walk-around, no dents, no scratches, scrapes, etc. Tires are fair, but will probably replace in the spring. Truck was used, but not abused.

I open the doors and there's all thick rubber floor mats on the floor, and under them perfect carpet. In the trunk, there's no 3rd row seat, but a cup like rubber flooring over the carpet, new carpet underneath. It has tan leather interior, no rips, and in good shape.

I pop the hood, and the 5.4litre engine is there(as opposed to not?) looking all snug. I reach in and start it up, and it runs extremely smooth. no knocks, no ticks, no excess vibration. I look underneath and it looks clean, no leaks of any sort.

So I hop in, notice a big black handle-like thing by the door, something about air ride suspension and load leveling. I didn't pay much attention to it though, as the owner was not home, just his wife, and probably not much worth it to get into that stuff with her.

I see the 2wd, 4a, 4h, 4L switch, stereo, climate controls, and everything else. Adjust the seat, put it in drive, and ease my way off. Trucks transmission shifts extremely smooth, completely unnoticeable. Get it up to 4th, cruise for a bit, find a back road that is strait, and pop it to 4a. up to 40mph, ease off. 4hi, up through all the gears, and back down. 4Lo, up through 3rd, and back down. It's been a while since I've had a truck like that, my last suburban actually, so I backed up 10ft to disengage the 4wd just in case(had to do that in the suburban). It shifted into 4wd smoothly, almost unnoticeable, except a slow turn on dry pavement with light gravel. A bit of skid, and i knew it was working.

So I go back, pop the hood, check trans fluid, and it's good, nice and red. Check under the engine again, no leaks, and full oil. Truck ran super smooth, so I decided it was the one I wanted. All the options, gently used, good shape, well taken care of. Perfect for my needs.

Also, the truck comes with 4 blizzak snow tires with ~1000 miles on them. I'm pretty excited about it.

Some pics from the ad, I'll get some more when I bring it home. Not bad for $4000 and 112,600 miles on the clock.

2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
wow... great deal
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
especially when you drove it 1500 miles (almost all of them towing something) before it spent a night in your driveway

Hell of a truck jay. tough, spacious, cheap (but not to at the pump )and comfortable too.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
It's pronounced "Bee Rad."

My proxy is blocking the images, but from that description it sounds excellent. What is it, exactly?

Never mind, I see it in your signature.. I'm an idiot

Last edited by B-Rad; 02-26-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: misread post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: