IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2002, 07:39 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking Re: got a faster car question

he wants to make a bet. he is totally full of himself (would love to shut him up for once);the race would be on a straight away, dry, 1/4 mile track.

could i bet him in my svx???

love to know everyone's opinions on this one

Kelli
[/B][/QUOTE]

Find a one mile straightaway. Bet 50 bucks on the first quarter mile, double or nothing at the mile mark. Do this at your own discretion. I don't recommend street racing to anyone.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Wow I can't believe I missed that, Iam humbled. I consider myself having more than average knowledge of subaru's in general. And I should have known about the 2002 2.5 rs. I forgot all about them. But yeah they look just like the wrx except for the items mentioned. Wow haha I can't believe it well anyway. Personally if someone is going around boasting about racing chances are they don't have anything. At least that's my case. I mean I don't go around looking for races, I pick and choose my battles. Oh that reminds me. Time for a racing story. ONe that really makes you appreciate the svx.
Okay so here I was about 1-2 in the morning coming home from work or a friends I and the back roads by me are a svxes dream, long and windy. So Iam cruising along at a comfortable 55 and along comes with silver honda crx, ridiculous wing of course and a custom exhaust at least. Well he passes me cuts in front of me and then slams his brakes. I was like what the F!!!. So he speeds away. I speed up after him, we were going pretty fast and my car was handling the turns like a charm never missing a beat staying right on his tale. He tried so hard to loose me, I could hear his engine screaming it was beautiful. In the end he pulled over and let me pass. I was like that's right bow to the almighty SVX.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
Wow I can't believe I missed that, Iam humbled. I consider myself having more than average knowledge of subaru's in general. And I should have known about the 2002 2.5 rs. I forgot all about them. But yeah they look just like the wrx except for the items mentioned. Wow haha I can't believe it well anyway. Personally if someone is going around boasting about racing chances are they don't have anything. At least that's my case. I mean I don't go around looking for races, I pick and choose my battles. Oh that reminds me. Time for a racing story. ONe that really makes you appreciate the svx.
Okay so here I was about 1-2 in the morning coming home from work or a friends I and the back roads by me are a svxes dream, long and windy. So Iam cruising along at a comfortable 55 and along comes with silver honda crx, ridiculous wing of course and a custom exhaust at least. Well he passes me cuts in front of me and then slams his brakes. I was like what the F!!!. So he speeds away. I speed up after him, we were going pretty fast and my car was handling the turns like a charm never missing a beat staying right on his tale. He tried so hard to loose me, I could hear his engine screaming it was beautiful. In the end he pulled over and let me pass. I was like that's right bow to the almighty SVX.
That story made me happy.

-Mike (Happy)
Old 04-29-2002, 11:27 PM
Hitchhikin'

Should've taken him out and passed him.... I normally lay off after I've held another car off for a decent amount of time... just play with them.... speed up, let them catch up... pull away again... blah... But if I do that, I personally feel like I haven't proven anything until I've passed the other car while they're going at full throttle.

Then again, I won't be doing that for at least another 18 months... damn tickets
Old 04-30-2002, 07:02 AM

well, this car has a hoodscoop....

but on the trunk it says 2.5 RS impreza...if i were him and i planned on going around and telling people that my car wasn't what it really was, i would at least debadge the car...intelligence doesn't run high on his family tree.

this guy makes less than me at the hospital and the hospital pays me the least out of the jobs i work...unless mommy and daddy are going to pay for him to have the nos or the supercharger...i highly doubt that he will have them.

Would letting some air out of his tires make him slower????
How about letting the air out of his fat head?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-30-2002, 07:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
well, this car has a hoodscoop....

but on the trunk it says 2.5 RS impreza...if i were him and i planned on going around and telling people that my car wasn't what it really was, i would at least debadge the car...intelligence doesn't run high on his family tree.

this guy makes less than me at the hospital and the hospital pays me the least out of the jobs i work...unless mommy and daddy are going to pay for him to have the nos or the supercharger...i highly doubt that he will have them.

Would letting some air out of his tires make him slower????
How about letting the air out of his fat head?

Kelli
Right - the previous-generation 2.5RS was the sporty one, so it had the hood scoop. But that scoop doesn't do anything.

I would recommend not 'racing' the jerk. If he's enough of a retard to lie about what kind of car he owns, even when you can examine it first-hand, that only increases your chances of getting hurt or worse.

The quarter mile is hardly a race anyway. It's only one component of a real race. And in real racing you have standards. No class's standards would put an Impreza 2.5RS and an SVX together. They're built for different things, their in different weight classes and their power outputs are very different.

You have the nicer of the two cars. He knows it. That's why he wants to 'race' you. Up until now, he thought he had the baddest thing around. And now a girl shows up and has something that intimidates him. Wanting to show you up is a pretty natural response from this kind of guy. I dig the RS - I really do. I want one for myself one day. But it's no SVX. There's love in the SVX.

Keep it safe and ignore him no matter how annoying he gets.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Lowered SVX

oh, enough already.

race the damn guy, win, and tell us about it tomorrow.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"