Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
yeah i'd prefer the more rectangular headlights, but yeah it's nice looking if not for the headlights. then again that was the same for the bug eye. liked the car, hated the eyes.
i like our silver bugeye WRX - the headlights don't stand out as much, and it looks good.

the JDM projectors look sweet, and the US car should have came with them standard. would have made a big difference.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i like our silver bugeye WRX - the headlights don't stand out as much, and it looks good.

the JDM projectors look sweet, and the US car should have came with them standard. would have made a big difference.

meh, i still don't like round lights...or stupid lights that are made to resemble like eyes for that matter.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
You should never get 'rid' of an old car. My theory is to get ANOTHER car that will serve you well and keep the 'old' car and just not count on it to get you to work! Old cars are 'history', where we came from. I have sold a few 'old' cars, but usually have 'sellers remorse' and end up buying them back, or one that looks just like it. I actually bought a 'former' junkyard so I could have a place to put them. I realize that most people can't DO that, but I have made my real estate available to people that have sweet cars that they wish to put away for a few years.
I'm right there with you on that, however if I wish to keep it, that means in this state you have to keep insuring it, which would cost WAY too much to be doing for two cars instead of one. The last thing I want is to see her go, I am so close to "finishing" putting her the way I want...but I am really getting sick of sh*t breaking all the damn time...and yes, repairing it is cheaper, but the stress of not knowing how far I can make it...is WAY worth a car payment...
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

This is so weird. I've owned an SVX for years and it's never given me reliability problems, apart from the wheel bearings.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
So the new candidate for consideration is an '03 Aspen White Wrx, with 24k on it, and a decent list of mods for $18,000. It has a Vishnu stage 2 tune, a vf-34 turbo, lots of suspension goodies, volk wheels, and is in good shape....im psyched...

Vishnu Stage 2 (v350) is supposed to net a 12.7-12.8 in the 1/4 and around 300-320awhp....DROOL

Chike I'm coming for you
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
So the new candidate for consideration is an '03 Aspen White Wrx, with 24k on it, and a decent list of mods for $18,000. It has a Vishnu stage 2 tune, a vf-34 turbo, lots of suspension goodies, volk wheels, and is in good shape....im psyched...

Vishnu Stage 2 (v350) is supposed to net a 12.7-12.8 in the 1/4 and around 300-320awhp....DROOL

Chike I'm coming for you

Umm NO. Never ever buy a modded WRX or a modded STi. You dont know how the person drove the car before...especially with all those mods. The tranny isn't the greatest either if its a manual. The gears in the 03's are crap from what i've heard. They fixed the issues in 04 and on. Chike can confirm that and correct me if im wrong. If you want a dependable car that is fun and will get you around with no worries then buy a low mileage car that hasn't been modified. I bought my Impreza brand new....and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Sorry that I saw this thread now...

I am driving now a 2005 Z350. I LUV it, nice car, economical in a 6 speed GB, amazing accelerations, very stable (but not as much as my SVX ), KICKS ARSE... but it is a strictly 2 seater. The Sti is more nervous (turbo), it is a 4 passenger car and it is an.... STI

For coolness, get the Z, for practicality get the Subie

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
Chike I'm coming for you
Ha ha ha! LOL!

Get the Z man and let me drive it!

Seriously, I won't be drag racing my WRX anymore than the 3 times I've gone to date. I'll be putting some expensive struts into my car this coming winter and autoX is by far my main priority for the car.

Personally, I'd stay away from modded '02-'03 WRXs like the plague. Either the STi or the 350Z would be a good choice IMHO...with the edge going to the Z. My next car probably won't be a Subaru FWIW...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: