How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-25-2002, 08:47 AM
XCARS

Svx.xcars.com

I run the MR2 Classifieds (XCARS.COM) for the MR2 Club. I have been offering the MR2 Community Free online Classifieds since 1995. Awhile back an SVX owner approached me to ask if it would be possible to offer the SVX Community the same type of services. At the time it was not possible due to the website programming restrictions.

As of March 1, 2002 I have completely recoded the XCARS Classifieds Engine to allow me to offer free classifieds services to other specialty cars including the Subaru SVX.

http://SVX.XCARS.COM

XCARS is a free service to individuals who wish to buy and sell their cars/parts. Commercial advertisments are subject to a sponsorship fee. XCARS denotes a commercial entity if one of the following criteria are met: Business, Parts Distributor, Parts Reseller, Person offering a Service, Person selling multiple copies of an item. Sponsorship fees are minimal. Each XCARS Site also offers up to 10 banner advertisments for a small sponsorship fee.

XCARS offers mailing list digests of advertisments submitted for free members and per advertisment mailings to sponsors and supporters. XCARS is a complete Classifieds Site built from the ground up with Automotive Classifieds in mind.

XCARS is not a forum and is in no way trying to repace any existing SVX site. Please take a moment to check out XCARS. I am open to questions, comments and suggestions.

Sincerely,
John Sweazen - XCARS Founder
Old 04-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
John,
Thank you for providing this service. We will certainly be checking it out.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-25-2002, 10:18 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
John,
Thank you for providing this service. We will certainly be checking it out.
I already did and I found the site really confusing. But I didn't devote that much time ot it yet.

Thanks, John, for offering this service to us.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I already did and I found the site really confusing. But I didn't devote that much time ot it yet.

Yeah, I could not figure it out either, so I gave up almost immediatly.

-Mike (sorry)
Old 04-25-2002, 10:41 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Hmmm. You guys have to be much more savvy than I about this kinda stuff. I didn't find it confusing at all. Did you go throught he sign-up, verification procedure?

I can now post ads, etc. Sounds like fun. But, I'll probably only be looking for cars, since I have no intention of EVER selling mine.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-25-2002, 12:20 PM
XCARS

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Hmmm... maybe MR2 owners are smarter then SVX owners? Sorry... couldn't resist... I'm just kidding of course.

Just wondering what you find confusing about the site?

Here are some tips:

When you first goto the site (http://svx.xcars.com) you are a guest... all you can do is view advertisements (there are none currently for the SVX so maybe that is why you are confused). Check out one of the other XCARS SITES... like http://mr2.xcars.com

Sign up - To place an advertisement or use any of XCARS's member specific features you need to sign up for an account. Click the "Join XCARS - FREE! " link in the navagation bar. The information you enter for your user account is displayed with any advertisements you place. You will need to enter a VALID email address in order to place any advertisements. You will be emailed a verification code to "unlock" certain features within XCARS (submitting advertisments, joining mailing lists, etc.)

Submit Ads - Once your email is verified Click the Submit Ads link in the left hand navigation window. There are four main sections for advertisements: CARS FOR SALE, CARS WANTED, PARTS FOR SALE, PARTS WANTED. Within the parts sections there are several categories.

Modify-Expire-Renew Ads/Upload Pictures - MY XCARS - When you are signed in as a users, you will see a MY XCARS folder tab in the upper right menu bar next to the LATEST ADS Folder tab. This is where all your advertisments are listed. Here you can modify an ad, expire (delete) an ad, mark it sold, upload a picture, etc.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx-1.jpg (47.1 KB, 153 views)
Old 04-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Green1995SVX

When I went to the link earlier, it was a bunch of MR2 stuff. Now it is SVX stuff. I understand now!

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 01:37 PM
XCARS

The way XCARS works is that each CAR gets its own "Site" so to speak.

For example, only SVX information will be posted on http://svx.xcars.com

If a site typed into the URL doesn't exist in the database (for example: http://nothing.xcars.com) the user is forwarded to a generic XCARS site that is a combination of all of XCARS Sites.

Think of it in a heirarchy structure where top level is XCARS.COM and the more specific site is SVX.XCARS.COM

OK... I'm going to be quiet now... because I'm probably confusing people more.

Anyways... give it a shot... You can always email with questions, comments, suggestions, etc. - svx@xcars.com

John