Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 12-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Frequent User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefus
I ment to post this a while ago. I have the 99 2.5rs 5 speed tranny and ECU tune stage 2 chip. once i first installed these I had a stall problem when coming to a complet stop. If I would tap the gas as the RPMs fell it would not stall. So I decided to adjust the idle screw to raise the idle to 800-1000 rpm. A little high to some but works for me. I have not had a stall since then but somtimes have to re-adjust the idle screw. If anything I have said is rubish then so be it. And I know I am to too good at that whole spelling thing.
You will probably find that the amount of time between having to re-adjust the idle screw is fairly constant, as all you're doing is "fooling" the ECU temporarily...it eventually "re-learns" and sets the idle back down.

Knowing that one is not good at spelling makes owning a dictionary all the more important...
Old 12-22-2006, 05:00 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
An easy fix also is putting your defrost or a/c on. that kicks the idle up a notch but not to many notcheseses. I cant recall the car ever stalling with it on.

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click