Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2002, 07:48 PM
EverclearAtMSU

My interior mods (pics)

Hey all, I wound up taking some pics for lwin and got kinda carried away w/ the cam. So I got some free space and posted the pics. They are at:
http://svx.8m.net/svxinterior/main.html

Just some random funny colored interior mods I did.

oh, if any of you want to buy my old car, it's going for $500 and you can see the pics at
http://svx.8m.net/

As soon as it's sold I'll make a really cool svx page, promise
Old 04-22-2002, 08:04 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
THAT"S A HELL OF AN IDEA!

I never thought of putting my controls formy guages in the coin holder with the neon behind it. I have the neon next to me from my last car and the controls are sitting under my dashboard right now with no real positioning to them. If you don' mind, I am going to try that with my car. Also ifyou have the detachable face on that radio, don't put case in your pocket and run with it. Thesecond thy hit the ground the open up and the volume knob on that radio doesn't hol up to inertia very well. The damn face disintegrated on me. To bad. I loved that radio, just be careful with it cause the cases that come with them open and close very easily. Let me know if you have an objections to me putting the controls there. If not, I will start working on them asap. Thanks
Old 04-22-2002, 08:17 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: My interior mods (pics)

Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU
Hey all, I wound up taking some pics for lwin and got kinda carried away w/ the cam. So I got some free space and posted the pics. They are at:
http://svx.8m.net/svxinterior/main.html

Just some random funny colored interior mods I did.

oh, if any of you want to buy my old car, it's going for $500 and you can see the pics at
http://svx.8m.net/

As soon as it's sold I'll make a really cool svx page, promise
Thanks for the pics.

Damn. time to cut up the sucker.

oh.. how did you mount your 4" LCD? You guys seen my mount for my 5.6"
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 04-22-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:09 PM
EverclearAtMSU

nope, no objections at all. I usually just leave the face on the radio. I just find it a pain to take on and off. Plus if someone really wants to steal it, it's covered under insurace, then I say i had a 7" indash lcd

As for the 4" LCD, it fit perfectly into the ash tray area! I was like sweet. I was at one time pondering takeing out a vent and making a molding to put it in there. But it just slid right in and holds perfectly. From having to slam on the breaks because some idiot in a mustang pulls out infront of me, to fast cornering it stays put.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:55 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU
nope, no objections at all. I usually just leave the face on the radio. I just find it a pain to take on and off. Plus if someone really wants to steal it, it's covered under insurace, then I say i had a 7" indash lcd

As for the 4" LCD, it fit perfectly into the ash tray area! I was like sweet. I was at one time pondering takeing out a vent and making a molding to put it in there. But it just slid right in and holds perfectly. From having to slam on the breaks because some idiot in a mustang pulls out infront of me, to fast cornering it stays put.
Which LCD do you have? As in brand name. I am thinking of doing the same with mine.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-23-2002, 06:16 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Which LCD do you have? As in brand name. I am thinking of doing the same with mine.

Lwin
Mine is made my NESA.

http://www.nesavision.com/

I looked at their site, and it apears they no longer have the 4"

You could try e-mailing Mike (mike@e-nps.com) I got mine from him for $50

E-bay usually has some good deals on them. Just measure out the width and contact the seller to see if it will fit right.