Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
no plates needed. You do need to extend the drivehsaft or find one of the outback shafts that fits relatively well. I got my new jig made up today and I made a new X-member using the stock Rear X-member and some stock I had bought for the torque bar because I do not have any. I really want someone to find out how well it fits with this new fangled torque bar... well anyway, yup, got the new jig made and as soon as I get more core parts I can make more but for now I am at a stand still. As much as I wanted to get done today so I am happy. BTW these things don't take ten minutes to make, it took me all day and all night to make the jig and the X-member, do my brakes, do my mom's brakes, extend shift linkage for my current kit... Etc... Pics of the new X-member soon to come

Tom
Old 10-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Maniac modifier

came out pretty good for the most part. I would rathe use the stock torque bar

Tom
Old 10-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdanielgt
Tom I will definitely keep that in mind. I just got a motorcycle to cut down on some of the miles i would put on the svx in the future and plan on getting another car within the next couple of weeks. This may sound like a crazy idea... But if I could drive the car to you and then fly home and fly back when done...how much would you charge for everything.. You could take as much time as you needed since I wouldnt be relying on it as a daily driver.

Much appreciated,
Daniel
Talk to me when it comes closer to being a reality. no offense, I have had too many people ask this kind of thing and me go way out of my way to help and then they bail out. Screws up so much stuff more me when that happens. I would also be easier if you just bought the kit and have someone out there put it together using my writeup.

Tom
Old 10-07-2006, 09:42 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Tom!

I just saw the pictures, and the new design looks great!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 10-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Will you be selling this kit for a while? I'm thinking late December, when I'm done payin' off the rest of this semester's bill, I'll send you the $$$ for the stuff. How much is the shifter mount? Hopefully you'll have another torque bar by then, but if not, it's all good. I'll contact you again when I'm a paycheck away to make arrangements. You wouldn't happen to live in Jersey, would you?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Maniac modifier

primary residence is now if Philly, I work on cars and these kits in Jersey at my folk's place where I have a garage and a full stock of tools

Tom
Old 10-08-2006, 01:04 AM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Talk to me when it comes closer to being a reality. no offense, I have had too many people ask this kind of thing and me go way out of my way to help and then they bail out. Screws up so much stuff more me when that happens. I would also be easier if you just bought the kit and have someone out there put it together using my writeup.

Tom

Tom, Understood. I just dont want to get SCRewed out here by a shop which Is why I asked you. I will hit you up when I have around $5k saved up.

Thanks

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR

Last edited by gtdanielgt; 10-08-2006 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:20 AM

You ignorent ****. A comment like that pisses me off. You are basically saying that anyone Jewish is a crook. I can assure you you would not say it to my face. Maybe you are just plain too stupid to know what you lips are spouting. So here is you chance to learn something. It's offensive, nasty, bigoted and just plain dumb.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:25 AM
I miss my VR-4

Send a message via Yahoo to gtdanielgt
Oh please, get over yourself. No one was talking about anyone in particular, it's just a simple word.

No more subie

Current Cars: 96 Chevy Caprice Impala SS clone
93 Chevy Full-size blazer
Soon: 2002 Honda CBR 954RR
Old 10-08-2006, 02:30 AM

Maybe you are an uneducated slob, but I'm telling you right now that it's plain offensive and insulting and F*ck you.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Maniac modifier

hey don't clutter this up, talk to a maderator if you have a problem

Tom
Old 10-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Tom,
Use the stock bar. Less fab work and I have a hunch its stronger
oh, Ill have some stock x-member peices for you if ya want them. PM me(my cell got owned) and Ill hook you up
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:

Tom
With a project like this, there are so many variables. Sometimes stuff just doesn't work out. Like timing, for example. I would have gone through with it, I would have ordered the kit from you; I was ready, but by the time I was able to find a good source on the tranny, you were temporarily no longer making the kit parts.

Sorry if it caused you so much inconvenience.

Fortunately for me, I have since found someone sort of local that has done this swap several times (and many other Subaru drivetrain swaps).
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Maniac modifier

I am glad to hear you found someone. I was not refering to a single person in that post so please do not take it to heart.

Eric, I would MUCH rather use the stock torque bar... If you have some cores I would love to take them off your hands

Tom
Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Quote:
I am glad to hear you found someone. I was not refering to a single person in that post so please do not take it to heart.

Tom
Yeah, I know it wasn't aimed squarely at me. I genuinely didn't want to be a pain in the ass, and I got the feeling that's what I became, so I apologize for that.

Glad to hear you're at it again though, since I've heard nothing but good things about the quality of your work. The forum, and SVX community in general really needs to have a solid MT conversion option such as this.

As for my swap, I will post about it when it's finished. Should be sometime this week, and I'll be picking it up probably next Saturday, so I shall share my experiences then. Can't wait!
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: