SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 05:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
Alot of the Impreza guys here are pretty nice, some of them are looking forward to me coming out to a meet so they can see an SVX in real life. Acouple weeks ago I had an older guy in an STi roll his window down at a light at tell me he always loved the SVX. That made me proud.

dustin
Yep! many impreza guys are not so hard on SVX. Even i was invited once to the ohiosubaru network meet this year and by that time I was the only one with SVX on that netowork. But damn by that time my car sat with a bad tranny in the parking lot.

But I too agree with Tim, not all WRX owners really own it as an enthusiasts. Most of them own it to show off or not knowing what to do with that money .

-Pavan.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:08 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
There cool in my book, I went to a meet with some friends from work last summer. They like svxii.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 03-14-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I guess you haven't taken your piece of 50s technology to a track that actually has turns on it recently then or for that matter drive in rain or snow.
Alan, if you are around...how old is this argument? If I recall correctly, it was like 2, maybe 3, years ago? Right?

50's technology? Ok. You can put whatever name on it you like.

Does .88g on the skidpad not do it for you? Hope you got some $$$$.

...and second, I have a truck...why the heck would I drive a 450hp RWD sports car in rain or snow?!

This is all I will say since this has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

Last edited by Shadow248; 10-18-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
notice the humor he was using...jeeze why do 2 wheel drivers always take so much offense to a joke like that

Tom
Old 10-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
notice the humor he was using...jeeze why do 2 wheel drivers always take so much offense to a joke like that

Tom
You obviously haven't been keeping up with the "Subaru and GM Part company" thread in "Not exactly SVX".

I didn't take offense. I gave a seasoned reply to the exact same jealous comment I get from half the AWD ricers out there. I know they need to have something on a guy like me, but you have to figure i'm going to be ready for it.

Think about it...if you own a car like mine, and a truck, and you wake up to 6 inches of snow, which one would you be inclined to drive?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:02 PM
_mo_

Hey now

This is one WRX owner who likes SVX's very much!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mo_
And here's an SVX owner who has a great appreciation for the WRX/STI!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-18-2005, 10:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
And here's an SVX owner who has a great appreciation for the WRX/STI!
me tooooo....

-Pavan
Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Would you be willing to trade your WRX with an SVX?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 AM
THAWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Doesn't sound very impressive to me.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:29 AM
_mo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Would you be willing to trade your WRX with an SVX?
I actually seriously considered doing that this time last year. My wife & I just found out she was pregnant, we were tight on cash & were not sure if we were going to be able to afford to keep up with the payments.

Long story short, it worked out & I kept the WRX. I have a pretty strong affection for that car, what with it being the first new car I ever bought & the first car my wife & I bought together, not to mention the 2-3k in mods I've done.

At some point down the road, after I've paid off the WRX, I'll probably consider buying an SVX, but not in exchange for the WRX.

BTW: Is that an SVX with a WRX bumper in your avatar?
Old 10-19-2005, 05:56 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
I actually seriously considered doing that this time last year. My wife & I just found out she was pregnant, we were tight on cash & were not sure if we were going to be able to afford to keep up with the payments.

Long story short, it worked out & I kept the WRX. I have a pretty strong affection for that car, what with it being the first new car I ever bought & the first car my wife & I bought together, not to mention the 2-3k in mods I've done.

At some point down the road, after I've paid off the WRX, I'll probably consider buying an SVX, but not in exchange for the WRX.

BTW: Is that an SVX with a WRX bumper in your avatar?
When will you finish the installments on the WRX? because i sure hope to be SOON ...

and yes, just the part of the bumper from right projector to left projector is taken from a 2001 impreza, and remodified it. A guy who has a mold for it, made that part for me out of Fiberglass and i continued with the rest. Also If you check your front bumper, you will see there is a black thingy holding the license plate, well i removed that completely to make a wider opening for increased ventilation... (even for a little bit). The rest of the bumper & body kit is purely... MOI

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:42 AM
_mo_

Well, I've had the car for 3 years next month & it's a 5 year loan, so at most two more years...but we're hoping to pay it off a few months early.

A good friend of mine is looking for a new car. What I'm trying to do is talk him into buy an SVX with the idea that in a few years, when he's ready to sell it I'll be ready to buy one

That WRX bumper looks great, wonderful job. I'd love to see more pics. Some WRX folks who have switched to a front mount have removed the black bumper cover that you're talking about. It really is an eyesore. Fortunatly they've done a better job of covering it up in the newer designs.

Here's mine if you're interested:

Old 10-19-2005, 07:11 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

[QUOTE=Shadow248]

QUOTE]

Money for what? We're pulling 1.45g out of our SVX currently which cost us a tad under a grand! .88g? My F-250 could pull that one out with proper shoes. You still didn't answer my question so I assume that you don't go to tracks with turns as you know you won't keep up.

6 inches of snow eh? That's still territory for my rwd F-250 to tackle.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

I'd have to agree with Ben. 0.88g's is not much these days - my former '00 SVT Lightning got the exact same skidpad result when Motortrend tested it - stuff big tires on anything (including a truck) and it'll stick better in steady state cornering.

A better measure of handling ability is slalom speed. Most magazines tested Lightnings at around 61mph, while a Firebird Firehawk (with the handling package and 275 sized tires f&r) got around 62-63mph in a R&T test. The SVX had slalom speeds of around 65-67mph, while a Mini Cooper S (which also has a similar 0.88g's on the skidpad) can do a slalom at over 71mph!!!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)