Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Kiteless

Exclamation Bay Area SVX Meet September 18th.

OK all the information is the same except the date. The drive as a group to San Jose is totally optional. We can caravan some place else or not at all. I am mostly excited about meeting other SVX owners.

This meet is going to happen on September 18th at beutiful Lake Elizabeth, also called Fremont Central Park. The event starts at noon.

You can see the exact location thanks to the amazing Google Maps.

Click to see Google Map. Look in the center for the lake.

Fremont also has a web site on this park here:

Click here to go to the official web site for this park.

We will hang for an hour or two, how ever long we want, and then drive down as a group to East Ridge Mall in San Jose, CA(Optional). Mainly just to shake hands and part ways. I chose this location because it has a BIIIIG parking lot.

The address is
1 Eastridge Mall
San Jose, CA 95122

Link to the Google Maps.

It does not exactly say Eastridge Mall but it is in the middle where Tully & E. Capitol Expy meet.

So I guess that is about it. I would like to do this at least once every 4 months or so. If that is too frequent, then what about twice a year? The destination would change every single time, but I would like to keep starting it at Lake Elizabeth for now.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

- Jason

PLEASE RSVP. I will be supplying soda and snacks, but will not know how much to bring unless everybody RSVP's for me. Of course, please feel free to bring some stuff to share as well.

Last edited by Kiteless; 09-12-2005 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-07-2005, 08:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXcellent
Sounds good! Hopefully it happens!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

I'll be there. I'll even have Saturday to wash the car.

--Matt
Old 09-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Kiteless

Awesome! Well that is a total of 3 SVX owners for the meet. That is enough for me, of course, I would like to see more! Please spread the word.

- Jason
Old 09-08-2005, 01:38 PM

I suspect blk96lsi will be there. I'm sure he'll chime in when he gets back from vacation next week.

--Matt
Old 09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
DaLiqiudSVX

Talking New Guy in Sacramento

Hey everybody, I'm a newbie on the site and just wanted to let you guys know I'll be their next weekend w/ my new SVX. I'm looking forward to meeting some more SVX junkies like myself, Goodtimes - I can't wait!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Welcome to the site!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLiqiudSVX
Hey everybody, I'm a newbie on the site and just wanted to let you guys know I'll be their next weekend w/ my new SVX. I'm looking forward to meeting some more SVX junkies like myself, Goodtimes - I can't wait!
Cool. Glad to see some Sac guys making the trip down! Welcome to SVX ownership. If you ever see a blue SVX on I80 with big ass skis...that would be me. I pass through SAC a lot in the winter time on the way to Tahoe.

--Matt
Old 09-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Kiteless

Woohoo. Well that gets us up to 4 or possibly 5 counting myself.

How to folks feel about driving some place after the meet in a big line? Does not have to be the mall in San Jose. Driving south on 880 sucks anyway. Oh we could drive to San Ramon. Take Niles Canyon Pass to 680 from Mission. That is a nice twisty fun road till the freeway.

OK. so far we are around 4 or 5 people. I think 3 6 packs will be more than enough. Can I hear some preferences for soda? Personally I do not think any thing in a can tastes better than Mointain Dew. The long named "Diet Cherry Venilla Dr. Pepper is suprisingly good & then there is the boring but can not really go wrong Coca-Cola. SO lets hear some suggestions. But there will be at least 1 6 pack of Dew in the cooler. It is just requirement! ^.-.^

- Jason

Last edited by Kiteless; 09-12-2005 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Asking stuff.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteless
Woohoo. Well that gets us up to 4 or possibly 5 counting myself.

How to folks feel about driving some place after the meet in a big line? Does not have to be the mall in San Jose. Driving south on 880 sucks anyway. Oh we could drive to San Ramon. Take Niles Canyon Pass to 680 from Mission. That is a nice twisty fun road till the freeway.

OK. so far we are around 4 or 5 people. I think 3 6 packs will be more than enough. Can I hear some preferences for soda? Personally I do not think any thing in a can tastes better than Mointain Dew. The long named "Diet Cherry Venilla Dr. Pepper is suprisingly good & then there is the boring but can not really go wrong Coca-Cola. SO lets hear some suggestions. But there will be at least 1 6 pack of Dew in the cooler. It is just requirement! ^.-.^

- Jason
Call to all Bay Area folks:
Come to Fremont. Drink Mountain Dew and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Meet other SVX owners and talk about cars. You know you want to.

^^Sorry. Had to promote the event. No better way than with Dew.^^

I'm up for a drive afterwards. I would prefer something in the South Bay as it would get me closer to home at the end. I880 to Saratoga and them up into the Santa Cruz Mountains would be fun. Mt Hamilton would also be fun, but very long, slow, twisty, dangerous and very cold at the top. But very cool view from the observatory at the top.

--Matt
Old 09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Hitchhikin'

Wish I could meet up with you guys, but I won't be coming up north this weekend. Repairs aren't complete on my car up north yet.

I saw a pearlie with the black top down here in LA (Hermosa Beach) last weekend and almost got obssessed enough to leave a note on the car to tell the owner to check out this forum (if they're not a member here), but I calmed myself. Man, I want another SVX.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Why are people so demanding?

I should be able to make it. I agree with nordique, in that I hope we can end somewhere near south bay. I hate to add miles to the car, but I can always spare a few for a meet I don't drink a whole lot of soda, but Dew will work for me.

'07 Scion tC, 38K miles
Nothing special...

'08 Yamaha FZ6, 6K miles
MODs coming soon...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Kiteless

Awesome! Glad to hear we have another one here. And um, Yeah thanks for the propes there Matt. ^.-.^

Red SVX 92, sorry to hear about your car not being ready. I plan on hosting one of these every once in a while.

See you all on Sunday.

Oh and is anyone unclear about the instructions provided? Has anyone ever been to Lake Elizabeth?

- Jason
Old 09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Why are people so demanding?

I've never been, but I'm sure my GPS buddy will know exactly how to get there Looking forward to it. I'll be interested to see how many people actually show up. This could be a fun thing to do 2-3 times a year. See you guys on Sunday!

'07 Scion tC, 38K miles
Nothing special...

'08 Yamaha FZ6, 6K miles
MODs coming soon...
Old 09-14-2005, 02:59 PM

"Red", you have to get a SVX. Just make sure it's a red 92 or there will have to be a name change.

Everyday on my way to work I pass a SVX parked on the street. The pearlie looks well taken care of. Should I leave a note on the windshield and let them know about the meet?

--Matt