Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Hey Mark did that thread i started on DSM tuners about me possibly buying one a while back get any more hits?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 05-16-2005, 05:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Hey Mark did that thread i started on DSM tuners about me possibly buying one a while back get any more hits?
I dunno. I don't get on tuners much anymore. They require a "non-free" email address, so I can't re-validate my username. I can't post, all I can do is look. There's alot more DSM sites out there that I can waste my time at!

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 05-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
I never said that DSM's and the 4G63 was the best thing out there. I'm just saying that you can make good power out of a turbocharged 2 liter for a decent amount of money. One of my favorite sleeper cars is the Mitsubishi Galant VR4, which has the 4G63 and AWD. Nothing like the looks on the faces of Honda drivers that just got spanked by a 4 door grocery getter!
yes i agree on the vr4. i've never driven one but i've seen one and they definitely are sweet. i'd like to get a turbo legacy and beef it up to do sleeper duty. maybe a 01 impreza rs and drop in the eg33.hehehe. i always liked seeing the look on guys faces who just bought their c5 and see me hanging on to their fenders in an old 87 gta. now that's fun! had a dude try one night in a turbo eclipse. yeah that really lasted long. that race was over before it started, he had no chance. it definitely wasn't stock either. all 4 wheels spun on it. pretty cool.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
I never said that DSM's and the 4G63 was the best thing out there. I'm just saying that you can make good power out of a turbocharged 2 liter for a decent amount of money. One of my favorite sleeper cars is the Mitsubishi Galant VR4, which has the 4G63 and AWD. Nothing like the looks on the faces of Honda drivers that just got spanked by a 4 door grocery getter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
yes i agree on the vr4. i've never driven one but i've seen one and they definitely are sweet. i'd like to get a turbo legacy and beef it up to do sleeper duty. maybe a 01 impreza rs and drop in the eg33.hehehe. i always liked seeing the look on guys faces who just bought their c5 and see me hanging on to their fenders in an old 87 gta. now that's fun! had a dude try one night in a turbo eclipse. yeah that really lasted long. that race was over before it started, he had no chance. it definitely wasn't stock either. all 4 wheels spun on it. pretty cool.
We specifically do not allow posts on street racing. Please refer to the forum posting rules and follow them.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Nice comparison except I'm sure torque from the Porsche is nowhere near that of the Corvette. (doesn't make we want the Porsche any less though)
Ya the Vet has about 400 ftlbs of torque and the Porshe has about 285 ftlbs of torgue.

I got the opertunity to drive my brother-in-laws 96 Porshe Carrera 4 about 2 years ago. OMFG what a rush to drive. I hit 110mph, not street racing but test drivin, in 4 gear, tac'n 4500rpm. that ment I had 2 gears left and 1500rpm to go. My son was with me at the time. What a rush.

I had driven a Vet before and this Porshe was by far a better car.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there

Last edited by SVX-FF; 05-16-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
SVX-FF Don't worry about ever upsetting me, to me, this is just an online forum, and i actually enjoy debating things like this.

and if given a choice between a corvette with an LS2, and a Porsche GT3... i'd say "both please" Two different ways to go about implementing amazing cars, and i'd have no problem driving either one. however for the record, the GT3 costs $45K more.

anywho, I obviously like the 1g eclipse, seeing as how i'm dumping a bunch of money into mine. I thought about trying to find a mid 80s camarobird, but i just like telling people that my "import" (they were all made in the US... but anywho) 4-banger makes over 450 hp and i'm only putting about 5000 dollars into it

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 05-16-2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
We specifically do not allow posts on street racing. Please refer to the forum posting rules and follow them.
oh boy

Old 05-16-2005, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
SVX-FF Don't worry about ever upsetting me, to me, this is just an online forum, and i actually enjoy debating things like this.

and if given a choice between a corvette with an LS2, and a Porsche GT3... i'd say "both please" Two different ways to go about implementing amazing cars, and i'd have no problem driving either one. however for the record, the GT3 costs $45K more.

anywho, I obviously like the 1g eclipse, seeing as how i'm dumping a bunch of money into mine. I thought about trying to find a mid 80s camarobird, but i just like telling people that my "import" (they were all made in the US... but anywho) 4-banger makes over 450 hp and i'm only putting about 5000 dollars into it
You know one thing ive noticed is that most of the DSM's here are really modded up and sound real mean. I guess thats the difference between honda owners and DSM people....none of the DSM's ive seen her look remotley riced out and all have modded to hell engines. Ive always liked DSM's...especially the 2g body style.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
I have to admit that I was looking into buying a GSX but then I saw her that beautiful shape, sleek lines, and those funky windows.

I love my SVX

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 05-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
You know one thing ive noticed is that most of the DSM's here are really modded up and sound real mean. I guess thats the difference between honda owners and DSM people....none of the DSM's ive seen her look remotley riced out and all have modded to hell engines. Ive always liked DSM's...especially the 2g body style.
yeah, funny thing is when your car is actually fast you don't need to try to make it look fast.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
yeah, funny thing is when your car is actually fast you don't need to try to make it look fast.
No amount of rice in the world makes a car look fast....not even uncle bens best.

Old 05-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Its rather impressive that the riciest dsms are usually the non turbo's.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: