How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-18-2005, 10:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
rumor about 310hp from fuji

i have heard a rumor that earlier on in the years when the svx was being made that fuji came over with a ecu, throttle sencor and injectors and made a svx have 310hp and when they were done they took all there parts and had the cars crushed. i was wondering if anyone else has heard this rumor about this?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:17 AM
deruvian

Are you the guy I happened to be arguing with the other day? Over AIM, where you maybe trying to convince me of the existence of the twin turbo SVX?

If not, now's a good time to mention it. Some dude was attempting to proclaim that he had a manual which showed specifics for the turbo SVX from Japan. Actually, I can post the entirety of the hilarious conversation if anyone wants. I thought I was being quite nice but obviously doubtful. This guy started to get pissed at me!
Old 03-19-2005, 11:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
i have heard a rumor that earlier on in the years when the svx was being made that fuji came over with a ecu, throttle sencor and injectors and made a svx have 310hp and when they were done they took all there parts and had the cars crushed. i was wondering if anyone else has heard this rumor about this?

If they bothered to create a 310 hp svx then it wouldn't make sense to me that they would just crush them after taking all the time and effort required and just destroy all of it. But I guess anything is possible with those crazy japaneese and their weird windowed cars
Old 03-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deruvian
Are you the guy I happened to be arguing with the other day? Over AIM, where you maybe trying to convince me of the existence of the twin turbo SVX?

If not, now's a good time to mention it. Some dude was attempting to proclaim that he had a manual which showed specifics for the turbo SVX from Japan. Actually, I can post the entirety of the hilarious conversation if anyone wants. I thought I was being quite nice but obviously doubtful. This guy started to get pissed at me!
post it! I need some good fictional reading today
Old 03-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
A subaru tech tried to convince me that they did have a twin turbo svx and that a salesman crashed it and died and so subaru decided to not market it.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
A subaru tech tried to convince me that they did have a twin turbo svx and that a salesman crashed it and died and so subaru decided to not market it.
makes you think if that were true , then most high performance cars would have not been produced due to deaths caused by inexperienced drivers..or experienced drivers as was the case with many fatalities involving the Audi TT with its rear downforce problems..I raise the bs flag on the twin turbo rumor..japan would have one if it were true..they do it with so many other models
Old 03-19-2005, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
well i heard of a guy down here in georgia that will make a svx twin turboed but i havent seen it anywhere. and i dont think im the gyu you were arguing with i dont like confertations.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:43 PM
deruvian

Here ya go!

I have yet to see the guy on AIM again.

If any of you can't read it for some reason, let me know. I always try to stay away from posting .doc formatted anything, mostly because I hate Microsoft, but, ya know, if I have to I will.
Attached Files
File Type: txt convo.txt (5.4 KB, 83 views)
Old 03-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Weasel 22

Thanks for that I enjoy a good read, that I do..yes every USDM Japanese vehicle made has a 'twin turbo' variant in the JDM ...lmao some can't accept the humble origins of their vehicles..I've heard rumors of a 'twin turbo awd' Suzuki Swift over there..350 hp..quite the machine..its marketed as the Geo Metro LSi here..rotfl
Old 03-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I hate to burst everyone's bubble....

But there is a "factory" twin turbo SVX. Only one was ever produced as a prototype, but it was so powerful, they threw away the blueprints in fear of future litigation. In a span of 15 years, 3 FUJI executives resigned in horror of the details.

The car still exists... I know this for sure because....

I own it....

Yes... it's true.... In mint, stock condition, and with only 129 miles on the odometer. 80 of these miles were put on due to an accidental starting of the vehicle in 1998. The car circled the block 107 times before we could get the ignition turned back off.

I bought it from an old member of this site, but I don't recall his site name.

I would take pictures and prove this, but 2 things are holding me back.
1: They have yet to design a camera with a fast enough shutter speed, and....
2: I keep it on the planet in which I originally migrated from.

Sorry... But it's time you guys accepted the truth.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
I hate to burst everyone's bubble....

But there is a "factory" twin turbo SVX. Only one was ever produced as a prototype, but it was so powerful, they threw away the blueprints in fear of future litigation. In a span of 15 years, 3 FUJI executives resigned in horror of the details.

The car still exists... I know this for sure because....

I own it....

Yes... it's true.... In mint, stock condition, and with only 129 miles on the odometer. 80 of these miles were put on due to an accidental starting of the vehicle in 1998. The car circled the block 107 times before we could get the ignition turned back off.

I bought it from an old member of this site, but I don't recall his site name.

I would take pictures and prove this, but 2 things are holding me back.
1: They have yet to design a camera with a fast enough shutter speed, and....
2: I keep it on the planet in which I originally migrated from.

Sorry... But it's time you guys accepted the truth.
good show man..jolly good..well done..brilliant!!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:30 PM
deruvian

Good show, good show.

Did I mention that I am, by the way, completely hijacking this thread?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deruvian
Good show, good show.

Did I mention that I am, by the way, completely hijacking this thread?
You know.... After going back and reading the beginning of the thread, you really did! Wow!! Good job!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Weasel 22

I hear the prototype SVX twin turbo is on Ebay
Best Offer
1993 1/4 Anniversary SVX Twin-Turbo AWD LS-'R' Laguna Blue (Tokyo Express) Proto #000 : car is wrecked-non operable..collectors item comes with remains of unlucky Fuji Heavy Industries Test Driver: Tetsuo Chan
upon purchase lucky bidder will recieve court summons for custody battle over said remains..RARE only one ever made..possibly maybe..rumors of others..we are talking about the SVX ..Chan had no offspring
Happy Bidding!
cash only
we dont ship
Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
I hear the prototype SVX twin turbo is on Ebay
Best Offer
1993 1/4 Anniversary SVX Twin-Turbo AWD LS-'R' Laguna Blue (Tokyo Express) Proto #000 : car is wrecked-non operable..collectors item comes with remains of unlucky Fuji Heavy Industries Test Driver: Tetsuo Chan
upon purchase lucky bidder will recieve court summons for custody battle over said remains..RARE only one ever made..possibly maybe..rumors of others..we are talking about the SVX ..Chan had no offspring
Happy Bidding!
cash only
we dont ship
I haven't laughed this hard since the cripple fight episode on Southpark!