Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 02-01-2005, 06:26 AM

Re: Head count

Quote:
Originally posted by Hohopirates
Rojorocket

Mrbadfish

Calisvx

Weasel22

Needforspeed

Hohopirates

Leeson86

Thawa

intellibomb

Nordique14

Last edited by Hohopirates; 02-05-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:39 PM

Meet?

Ok,
lets go ahead and start planning a meet. What day of the week is best for everyone? I can get any day but mon or wed off. I'm thinking sunday perhaps, lets set a day then we'll set an exact date. I'm thinking middle of march because the PWR radiators will hopefully be in by then, I dont trust my jb weld. Sound good to everybody? Post reply here, thanks everybody.

Steve
Old 02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Sounds good Steve. I think weekends are probably best for the majority, Sundays are great! Where were you considering;
Central Ca, Central Valley?

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 02-03-2005, 08:21 PM

Meet

Well maybe we should take the nothernmost and the southernmost and meet in the middle? Rojo do you know of any good places a little north of Bakersfield? Or do we want to meet on the coast, a good picture with 4-8 SVX's against the pacific might look pretty cool. Everyone's input will be taken equally so please post your ideas.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Well, let's see; San Luis Obispo is like 5.25 hours from me(Avila Beach or Morro Bay). Monterey/Santa Cruz is about 3 hours, with spectacular views down HiWay1. Bakersfield is about 6.5, with I'm sure some good desert scenery. Somewhere around Fresno would probably be about central(Big Trees/Sequoia). Just some ideas.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!

Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Weasel 22

weekends are best for me as well..the napa valley area is a great place to tour around..not to mention sears point (infineon) and Petaluma and some great highway scenery...and vino!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:27 AM

I ready whenever.... and it all sounds good ! Weekend's are best for me as well
1998 2.5 RS...RIP
1996 Sport OutBack..RIP
Old 02-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Who watches the watchmen?

San Luis Obispo sounds good for the NorCal folks. We could probably round up a couple of Bay Area folks for a meet there. I know I would go. Any excuse for drive down PCH.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:55 PM

San Luis Obispo

San Luis Obispo seems about centered and it's alright with me. If anyone has issues with this please post. Maybe we should have a northern and southern mini meet so that people that can't make it to a central location can still be involved. If this sounds good then we just need someone to plan the nothern meeting as I don't know jack about it.

Steve
Old 02-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Weasel 22

keep me posted..Im probably the one who will have to drive the furthest..but with enough advance notice Ill make it there
Old 02-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Re: San Luis Obispo

Quote:
Originally posted by Hohopirates
San Luis Obispo seems about centered and it's alright with me. If anyone has issues with this please post. Maybe we should have a northern and southern mini meet so that people that can't make it to a central location can still be involved. If this sounds good then we just need someone to plan the nothern meeting as I don't know jack about it.
We have had a couple of meets here in the Bay Area. We only get about 6-7 cars. I would like to have a bigger one like the Reno meet last year. If that means that we have to meet at a more central location to get over a dozen cars, then I'm cool with that. There can be caravans from both spots, but I think a bigger meet would be better so I would prefer not having two mini-meets.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Weasel 22

Re: Re: San Luis Obispo

Quote:
Originally posted by nordique14

We have had a couple of meets here in the Bay Area. We only get about 6-7 cars. I would like to have a bigger one like the Reno meet last year. If that means that we have to meet at a more central location to get over a dozen cars, then I'm cool with that. There can be caravans from both spots, but I think a bigger meet would be better so I would prefer not having two mini-meets.
Im perfect with the Reno idea wont even have to pull out of the driveway
Old 02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
THAWA

Cheese and crackers, San Luis Obisbo is kinda far for me. I dunno where to suggest though.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Just a note of interest here guys. I'm in San Luis Obispo visiting and the gas prices are OBSCENE! The Legacy took $2.11 Regular (87) tonight and 91 is running in the $2.40+ range. I think we'd be up against the same situation in Monterey/Santa Cruz but either way HiWay 1 beckons!!!

Glenn

Old 02-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally posted by RojoRocket
Just a note of interest here guys. I'm in San Luis Obispo visiting and the gas prices are OBSCENE! The Legacy took $2.11 Regular (87) tonight and 91 is running in the $2.40+ range. I think we'd be up against the same situation in Monterey/Santa Cruz but either way HiWay 1 beckons!!!

Glenn
gas is $2.17 for premium...I thought Reno was out of control for gas prices..I stand corrected but gas is not a concern for me concerning a meet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: