Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
The End?

I got in car accident yesterday afternoon on the way to work. This could be the end for my SVX relationship. I was going along and my back differential locked up, my car fishtailed, hit a small curb, and then finished with the grand hurrah of hitting a telephone pole. I got a ride in an ambulance though (the first time I have ever legally gone through red-lights). Speed was not a factor as I was in heavy traffic on a local road (35mph or so). I was released from the hospital last night after 6 staples in my head and a burn on my arm from the airbag. I went out this morning to look at my car and I don't think that it is totalled but, I don't think that I will be able to afford to keep because of insurance premium cost. I need to hear from people that have SVX's that they are parting out. I didn't get to look underneaththe hood because the hood won't pop. I will need a bumper, driver side quarter-panel, hood, and airbag units. Believe it or not somehow all of my headlights and center grill lense escaped without even a crack. If there is anybody in the area that has connections let me know please. I'm in college and am trying to pay it all by myself. I'm willing to do some of the work on it myself but have never attempted something like this before. If anybody has any tips on places to go and people to contact let me know otherwise this Brilliant Red 1994 SVX Lsi may have breathed its last.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 01-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Damn sick,
Sorry to hear that .....hope everything works out for ya, and on the bright side (ok, maybe more like the dim side) you got away realatively unscathed...
Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Superbeast

I got a good bumper cover, fender, and hood for a red. Not sure if it's brilliant but it's red. I also have a drivers side airbag, does yours have both? Where is your car, at home or a repair shop?

Let me know what your gonna do and how much you have to fix it, depending on how bad the frame is we might be able to work something out. I'm pretty handy with a Porta-power
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!