Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Wheels / Tires

Old 12-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
So chike... just wondering.. what exactly is your "End goal" for your svx...(if you have one)

I do agree they look a bit better on the black.. but then again.. doesn't everything???
I'm trying to bug the people at subydude to get more rota wheels that fit the 05 STi, and our cars (and my GSX for that matter)... some of them are as light as those rx7 wheels, in 17's...

I'd like to get a set of ultra sticky tires and light weight wheels that i can throw on either car.

Interesting fact of the day: More WRXs were sold in the first year of production (for the US) than Total number of SVXes over all 5 years... (18k to about 15k) (randomness)

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 12-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
So chike... just wondering.. what exactly is your "End goal" for your svx...(if you have one)
Don't really have a finishing point as my 96 L has always been a project car for me (been saying this since day 1). By the end of 2005, I'd like to have an n/a SVX that does the 1/4 mile in ~14.5-14.7, with a suspension tuned for AutoXing.

That's really all my budget would allow for in the next 12 months...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

More pics...

Took some more pics of the new wheels today...

My front and rear track are now 22mm wider (~1 inch) and you can see the subtle change best in this pic:

The grip and handling of my car seems to have improved markedly from the wider wheels and stickier tires.

One off-ramp that I take on my way home from work has a 'recommended' speed of 30mph. On my previous all-season rubber, I could take this ramp at 58-60mph before the front tires would start to protest... Took the same ramp today at 70mph without even feeling like I was near the 'grip' limit of my tires.

-Chike

P.S. I ordered some urethane bushings from Dayle tonight which he'll be shipping out to me in the am. Hopefully with these bushings and a slightly more aggressive wheel alignment, I'll be able to make a good showing for myself in AutoX competition next season. By mid-season, I should hopefully have Mychailo's 'sport' springs which will take my handling up another notch or two...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 12-30-2004 at 08:46 PM.