Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-29-2004, 03:28 PM

I think were forgetting one important point here. Gasoline is a generic term for a mixture of hydrocarbon molecules with lengths from 6 to 11 carbons (I think; it may be 7 to 12 or 6 to 11, whatever). If you have a device - and I don't think a little magnet would do it - that can break the bonds, you would be creating chains of smaller lenghts, and it would not be gasoline anymore.

You wouldn't really spend $100 for a magnet would you?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko
...snip...

BS#1: "...using scientifically designed super conductors." Truth: There are no room temperature superconductors available that could be used in this product.
not only are there no room temp superconductors, but this thing doesn't contain circuitry necessary to set up resonant frequencies (claimed at the AU site)

Quote:
BS#2: "...breaking the hydrocarbon chains in your fuel into smaller pieces." Truth: The backbone of a gasoline molecule is formed from covalent bonds. There is no way a puny little magnet is going to break a covalent bond.
Just think if it really did, let's see each Octane molecule would become 2 methanes. What would heptane split into?

Quote:
BS#3: "Fuelmax Positively charges the Hydrocarbon Molecules in the fuel." Truth: It may cause some parts of a gasoline molecule to form a dipole as the gasoline molecule passes by the magnet, but as the gasoline molecule moves away from the magnet, the dipole will fade away just as quickly as it formed....snip.
To positively charge the carbon chain molecules, the most effective method would be to inject a stream of electrons around 70eV which would then produce a mixture of mostly positively charged heptane - which has Motor and Research Octane ratings of zero (yes that's 0) likely to boost mileage a good bit wouldn't you think
Old 12-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Exclamation Next on FOX!

When PhD's attack!

Todd
Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
WoooooooooW, that's more than an attack, it's termination !!! TERMINATOR IV !!! I managed to make a deal with the guy installing the device in my car for free, if I see good results out of it, I would pay him after 3 months, if not I would give him it back... sounds good to me, I wanna thank you all guys for the feedback you gave me, now speaking of Octane, in Lebanon we have 92 Oct, 95 (unleaded) Oct and 98 Octane. I spoke to longass concerning the V4 chip and its use on 87 Octane fuel, he told me that the measurements of "Octane" differs from country to country... how can I know which Octane to use with the V4 chip? and concerning the Magnet, "I'LL BE BACK" with the results...after a while...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
RON is your rating

RON + MON /2 is US rating. your 98=our 93

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 12-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
RON is your rating

RON + MON /2 is US rating. your 98=our 93
so which is your 87 in my scale?? 92 ?? or unleaded 95??
does it have any impact on the chip if I use my 98 Octane along with the Chip??

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:07 AM

I thought leaded gasoline was a thing of the past. Guess not.

Lead was (is?) used as an "octane" booster (leaded gas explodes at a higher temperature than unleaded gas with the same octane composition) and to lubricate valve seats.

If your car has modern heads (and it does) you don't need to use leaded gas. In addition, if your car has catalytic converters (and I assume it does) don't use leaded gas, it will quickly destroy them.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear

so which is your 87 in my scale?? 92 ?? or unleaded 95??
does it have any impact on the chip if I use my 98 Octane along with the Chip??
Read here: http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/R...RONMONPON.html

The site refers to PON. This is RON + MON /2 and the rating the US uses for fuel pumps.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 12-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
guys on my fuel cap is written: Super Gasoline Only. in the middle east, super gas = leaded... can my cats be different than yours, I mean from the inside? because as you know Gulf cars have different specs than American cars... how can I know my car's specs??? any idea?

Old 12-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95

Read here: http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/R...RONMONPON.html

The site refers to PON. This is RON + MON /2 and the rating the US uses for fuel pumps.
So your rating is PON (RON + MON/2), and mine is RON, so your 87 is my 90 , thanks for the info

Old 12-31-2004, 04:12 AM

Fuel consumption

If you put leaded thru a cat exhaust system you can say bye bye to the cat, the lead messes up the efficiency of the precious metals in it, meaning; It does'nt work anymore!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:12 AM

Quote:
guys on my fuel cap is written: Super Gasoline Only. in the middle east, super gas = leaded... can my cats be different than yours, I mean from the inside? because as you know Gulf cars have different specs than American cars... how can I know my car's specs??? any idea?
Danny,
IIRC, you stated your car had been imported from another country when you bought right?
What are the gas ratings in the country it came from? (I mean is the country it came from super gas, leaded or unleaded?)

Also if our 87 is your 92, then our 92/3 (depending on the station)
would you 95. Stations here call the 92/3 Super, so it might be better for you to use it then the 98 leaded.

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 12-31-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
There is a SVX model that does not have catalitic converters or exhaust gas recirculation. It is shown in my Work Shop Manual.

I have no idea where these models were sold, but it would be in the type of country that Danny is in. These models could take leaded or unleaded fuel.

Our fuel rating in Aust. is the same as you have over there. We have 92, 95, 98 octain unleaded, and 96 octain leaded, all are RON.

I have asked before for you to check, what is written on the fuse box under the hood, the bottom right side fuse, is it "FWD" or is it "Diff lock". This will help in deciding which model you have.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Rotorflyr

Danny,
IIRC, you stated your car had been imported from another country when you bought right?
What are the gas ratings in the country it came from? (I mean is the country it came from super gas, leaded or unleaded?)

Also if our 87 is your 92, then our 92/3 (depending on the station)
would you 95. Stations here call the 92/3 Super, so it might be better for you to use it then the 98 leaded.
Flyer, some countries in the Middle East have restrictions concerning fuel used... some use the 92 Octane; others 95 Octane and Other 98... I mean my country's measurements... I knew 5 years ago of a 96 Toyota Supra having 3000 miles on it sold for $4000 because the fuel was not compatible to its engine.
the guy sold me the SVX told me that the car was brought from Saudi Arabia. it has originally the same cats configuration as your SVX's (5 cats) but the fuel cap from the inside, it has a sticker saying Super Gasoline Only.... if you can help me know from where my car was brought I will be most helpful... my Vin is : JF1CXWTE0RG005080 and the engine is :5LAAB2211211.
HELP PLEASE !!

Old 01-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by oab_au

I have asked before for you to check, what is written on the fuse box under the hood, the bottom right side fuse, is it "FWD" or is it "Diff lock". This will help in deciding which model you have.

Harvey.
ok, let me check it out, I will get back to you soon.... but I guess Diff Lock... I will check it anyway...